Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows NT4 and USB

• 25-03-2006 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

does this work? basically i am going to install NT4 server on an old laptop as a file serverbut the only nic i have for it is USB will it be suppported?(i got drivers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

you know what nevermind the cd i was given was scratched and when it came to installing networking it wouldnt go past it for missing filesfor ANY network adaptor
    so it wouldnt go past :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sorry , no usb support on NT4

yet there is on 95B?

suppose its windows 98 soeven tho it lags like a whore on 16MB of ram(or 95B ill try since i need USB and its only a file server on my lan so i should be ok?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try 98lite - this uses explorer from 95 and removes some other junk so should run a tad better.

NB. This all assumes you have the relevant licenses
    second hand pcmcia network cards are a lot cheaper than second hand non-OEM windows licenses

Can't find it but someone did post links for USB support in NT, but that would be for generic devices like keyboards/memory sticks/mice perhaps, as you'd still need a specific driver for NT for your card. A

• Advertisement
Advertisement