Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Boredom Assistance Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I started an Aphex Twin station on Pandora and am being taken to strange musical places....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I started an Aphex Twin station on Pandora and am being taken to strange musical places....
    Ditto for my Radiohead station... some of this is weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Must confess I ran away scared...

Was going to start a Radiohead one later. Trying out Rammstein now. Could be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

Its nice to see Vainglory not smacked off her face on toytown politics for a change :p

Rather than write a long list of 40 boring songs which reek with the stench of self-indulgence, I'll keep mine short. And when I say electro, I don't mean that new wave **** oompa loompas with handbags dance to in Spirit. I'm talking the real deal from Den Haag, playing next door in Traffic, keepin' it underground. Anyhoo, here we go......

Magma (Mfa) - Ellen Allien: A tech-electro minimal delight.
    Space Invaders are Smoking Grass - I-F: Real electro with heavy bass and a cool vocoder voice all in a 80's style. A classic!
    Disco Lunar Module - Alden Tyrell: A label mate of I-F on Clone records, this tune has massive sweeping synths to wave your hand to.
    A Very Loud Lullaby - T. Raumschmiere: Heavy metal techno that freaks out the stoners at house partie!
    Grantz Graf - Autechre: A sonic masterpiece that won't stimulate dancing feet. Its what we electronica aficionados call 'braindance'. They play in the Temple Bar Music Centre on April 8th.
    Resumier - Ricardo Villalobos: Clicky percussion, swooping sub bass and obligatory warm synths define this epic minimal techno track. Also plays in Dublin on April 27th.
    Shore Lined Poison - Skinny Puppy: Dominated by crashing percussions and synth effects, this is easily the best track from one of the most important bands in the industrial/electronic body music genre.
    Actionist Respoke - Mouse on Mars: Weird, distorted vocals, melodic squelches and hard-hitting breakbeats are the order of the day for Andi Toma and Jan St. Werner.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

How about some Christy Moore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ride On, Biko Drum, Lisdoonvarna, Delirium Tremens, Diggin', Mystic Lipstic (I love that song so much!)... Christy's great. Plus, Jimmy McCarthy writes well. We* had to Jesus-ify Bright Blue Rose for our graduation, along with other Jimmy McCarthy songs that I cannot remember.

*By we I mean I. I ain't proud of it. *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How about some Christy Moore?

My favourite song of all time is faithful departed -ive started playing it to my bro before his rugby games to get him revved up.

I really like Jack Johnson(I think) at the moment-he's some californian surfer dude.Whenever I listen to his music it transports me from the third level of the smelly library to sitting underneath a palm tree in Hawaii eating a coconut.

Advertisement