Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radiohead

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Amnesiac
    The Bends and Kid A are my favourites, but Kid A pips the bends to the post, simply because it's so well put together. I'm just way too sick of OK Computer and some of the songs wreck my head totally (Let Down and Lucky mainly...)

By the way, whoever said that Nice Dream is filler: How dare you.

I have sent one thousand thumb tacks to blight your sitting places for the rest of your life.

You don't believe me, but I have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

OK Computer
    shroomfox wrote:
    I'm just way too sick of OK Computer and some of the songs wreck my head totally (Let Down and Lucky mainly...)

Funny, I don't actually like OK Computer but Let Down and Lucky would be some of the highlights on it for me.
    shroomfox wrote:

But I agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Amnesiac
    Well, the only reason I hate Let Down so much is because I got stuck on a bus with two guys who sang it for about three hours trying to get the harmonies down.

Not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

Kid A
    John2 wrote:
    Electioneering, Fitter Happier and The Tourist. When you compare them to Lucky and Exit Music (For a Film) they really pale in comparison.

Now that I was not expecting :eek:
    I'll give you Fitter Happier though...its good in a weird hypnotic way but not everybody's thing I suppose. Have to say I was expecting you to say SHA!

shroomfox wrote:

The 3 songs I skip most on The Bends are Nice Dream, My Iron Lung and Bulletproof. Of those Bulletproof is easily the best so for me it's a tie between Nice Dream and My Iron Lung for worst song on the album.

Not that they're horribly nauseating tunes or anything...just closer to Pablo Honey quality than The Bends. But hey if they're your favourites, cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK Computer
    Skip 'My Iron Lung'? ... blasphemous! :eek:

Kid A
    basquille wrote:
    Skip 'My Iron Lung'? ... blasphemous! :eek:

Meh its just never hit me the same way it seems to hit other people. I even skip it when listening to the My Iron Lung e.p.!!! :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Amnesiac
    Now that I was not expecting :eek:
    I'll give you Fitter Happier though...its good in a weird hypnotic way but not everybody's thing I suppose. Have to say I was expecting you to say SHA!

I'm always a surprise. I really like SHA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Hail To The Thief
    Went for Amnesiac, close call between that and Kid A. I was obsessed with OK Computer for a good long while, which inevitably resulted in me getting sick of it completely and I can't really listen to it any more. Much the same with the bends.

I never did like pablo honey. Always thought it was fillerific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Kid A
    PiE wrote:
    Don't care much for anything post 'OK Computer'.

OK Computer was the top of the peak....for the moment anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

OK Computer
    I went with The Bends marginally over OK Computer.

Radiohead are one of these hit and miss bands for me. I absolutely adore half of their music and I hate the other half. Loved The Bends, Ok Computer and Hail To The Thief was a grower but Pablo Honey was poor, no matter how much I tried to like Kid A I never did and Amnesiac is a heap of junk IMO. I think this new album is going to be their most important release. If they want to considered to be one of the great bands of our day they need to consitently produce great music and not sparadically. Going by what I've heard about the recording of their new album it's sounded like a struggle and I'm worried that they won't deliver the goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Is it likely the new album will be released in time for the gig in August?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

OK Computer
    1. the Bends
    2. OK Computer
    3. Pablo Honey
    4. My Iron Lung EP
    5. Recent albums

I'm probably considered old school! I talked to Tom Yorke in Dublin airport on their way to the US after the punchestown gig in 2000, they seemed pretty normal apart from Tom Yorke’s eye thing.

Anyone know if extra tickets will be made available for the upcoming gig in August?

Kid A
    Is it likely the new album will be released in time for the gig in August?

Little or no chance of that happening. They'll be releasing songs for download whenever they feel like it apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Amnesiac
    It's hard to pick a favourite but if you made me pick one out and listen to it right at this very second I'd probably pick "Kid A".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

OK Computer
    Love the bends. I seriously hate Hail to the Thief.....can't stand it. Like Pablo Honey but not as much as Ok Computer or Kid A! Anyone get tickets for Marley Park? I'm so disappointed. It sold out in 90min! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Amnesiac
    You had 4 days of a pre-sale to get tickets! And even at 90minutes it's not much effort to set and alarm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

I love all their albums but in order of preference

1. ok computer- beyond perfection, masterpiece, best album ever.
    2. the bends- perfection
    3. kid a
    4. httt
    5. pablo honey
    6. amensiac

Oh yeah! cant wait for marley park. beck+ radiohead, its going to be amaaazzzzinnnggg!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can't get over how more people prefer Pablo Honey to Hail to the Thief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

OK Computer
    I can't get over how more people prefer Pablo Honey to Hail to the Thief.

i can't get over how many people prefer the overrated toss of OKC to the bends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Kid A
    i can't get over how many people prefer the overrated toss of OKC to the bends.

I can't over the fact that only two people on boards.ie have an opinion on Prince's 1980s albums.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054911550

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Amnesiac
    Prince makes my skin crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HisInfernalEmo

Amnesiac
    I have to say i think that Kid A is the best album out of the lot.The bends comes close behind

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Kid A
    I have to say I went for OK Computer mainly as a nostaligia thing. It was the first Radiohead album I bought and it just totally changed my view of music at the time. Not bad for an album bought on a teenage whim.

However, it took me a long time for me to pick between it and Kid A. I love Kid A. I didn't like it when I first listened to it, but it grew on me very quickly. I like just sitting, relaxing and letting it wash over me.

Favourite lyric: "Big fish eat the little ones, big fish eat the little ones"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Oh yeah! cant wait for marley park. beck+ radiohead, its going to be amaaazzzzinnnggg!!!!!!
    I DESPISE YOU:mad: my friend was getting our tickets,and the people before him in the queue bought the last 6.....AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH

ANYWAY,order of preference for me would be:
    1.Hail To The Thief (def. my fav.)
    2.OK Computer (Climbing Up The Walls:my fav. Radiohead song)
    3.Kid A/The Bends (like dem equally)
    4.Amnesiac
    5.Pablo Honey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hail to the Thief, OK Computer, Kid A, The Bends, Pablo Honey, Amnesiac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

OK Computer
    The Bends for me please - memories of good times.....

Advertisement