Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick relocation questions ...

Options
  • 26-03-2006 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a job with a company in Limerick - Raheen Indust. Estate.

I am going to be moving there in a short while, after living for a number of years in Dub.

I would appreciate if you could answer some questions:

- What neighbourhoods would you recommond in Doradoyle/Raheen area(I want to live close enough to work).

- Where to look for classifieds ? daft.ie and let.ie have pretty poor listings.

- Ideally I would like for find a 2 bed apt, how much are these going for/month ?

- Other tips ? Any areas I should stay away from in Doradoyle/Raheen.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If you want to live close to work, then go for somehwere listed as Raheen, which has a great reputation and from experience is very quiet and pleasant. Dooradoyle listings can be a considerable distance. Do you drive?
    Best place to look is in the papers. I used the Limerick Leader when I first moved down (About all it's good for).

http://limerickleader.ie/classified01.htm

I believe the Accomodation forum will allow a [request]

Good luck with the move:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oli_ro

I drive - but I would preffer every now and then to walk to work.

By the way do you know any B&B in that area ? I'll be staying there until I find a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Goldenpages.ie list one or two. I have no idea what they're like, and I'm not certain where they are.

White House B & B, Raheen, Limerick (061)301709

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Limerick Post is also good for accomadation, think it's www.limerickpost.ie or .com, don't actually know much about Raheen itself though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Not sure about the price of apartments but my aunt rents a 4-bed detached house, with garage and front and back gardens for €700 per month.

Raheen is all right. The worst I'd say about it is that it's a bit of a boring suburb, think Kilmacud with newer houses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement