Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Music Video?

Options
  • 26-03-2006 6:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Well? What do you think is the best music video ever made? I was talking about this with a few people earlier tonight, got a lot of interesting awnsers, I was thinking of all these videos with amazing digital SFX and really ground breaking themes ect, but eventually I settled on Oasis - Live Forever, it's all about emotion ye know, and the bit at the end with the violin piece just always deos something to me, I'm not really an over emotional person by any stretch of the imagination but it really gets to me for some reason, ye know what I mean.

Anyways what would you say is the best video and for what reason??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Goldfrapp - Number 1. The dogs heads are just pure class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Meshuggah - New Millennium Cyanide Christ

Quite possibly the greatest video ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

that's genuinely pretty good,

a no nonsense, ball outs video

best video hmm

i guess it might be sabotage or chris cunninghams bjork robot, or

im a big fan of gondry so white strips lego, and drumkit ones... or star guitar chemical brothers...

im trying to think of ones on the last year...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=gondry&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

earth song micheal jackson
    it gets you thinking about the way the world is going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I've always liked the Aerosmith videos. Loved "Living on the Edge" when it came out first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

has to be this...ian brown and co lashing the crap outta of a secuity gaurd...

http://media.putfile.com/IanBrown79

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

WOW ! Better not recommend a commercial one after that !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

that just didn't do it for me at all, but each to their own.

Would have to say that i loved "Windowlicker" and "Come to Daddy" by Aphex Twin...freaky sh*t!

Also "What they do" by The Roots...classic video, great Hip-hop band taking the p*ss out of everything that Chart Hip-hop is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any of Michel Gondrys efforts, especially Star Guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You want emotion? - Johnny Cashs version of Hurt. I choke up watching that video. Absolute class...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel is deadly.

But I'll second Windowlicker and also suggest On which I think Jarvis Cocker directed.

kraftwerk - the robots; eels - novocaine for the soul; the doors - touch me, even though it's just a performance video there's something about it.

oh ya.. new order - true faith and blue monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlackSabbath

the clash - rock the casbah or pennywise - same old story. i haven't seen a lot of music videos but these are ****ing great.

Advertisement