Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely stunning pics of Ratchet & Clank on PS3 o_0

• 26-03-2006 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

There were a couple of other smaller ones posted in the other thread, but these new ones are really worth their own thread. They're not direct feed, but photos of the screen at the conference.

I'll just let them speak for themselves :D

rcgdc2k6030ed.jpg

rcgdc2k6040od.jpg

rcgdc2k6058px.jpg

rcgdc2k6068xr.jpg

And yeah, it's realtime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

look's like a comic book :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Not that impressive IMO. Looks a bit like someone photoshop pics from an older game. I'm not saying that's what happened, that's just how they look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Crucifix wrote:
    Not that impressive IMO. Looks a bit like someone photoshop pics from an older game. I'm not saying that's what happened, that's just how they look.

This is what the original on PS2 looked like:

ratchet_screen007.jpg

As a PS2 game, it's impressive, but it's about 20 leagues removed from the shots in the first post! You'd have to have some creative talent to get from that to the PS3 game, with photoshop :p

It's not a comic book either. Sony showed this off at their GDC keynote a few days ago. I mean seriously, this is getting close to CG movie quality! I'm not sure how you couldn't find this impressive..it's the best looking stuff we've seen next-gen, IMO.

There's a report noting its presence at GDC here:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/ratchetclank/news.html?sid=6146408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm not a massive fan of those games but they're certainly impressive. i don't think still shots will do it the justice that a movie will

It's kind of reminscint of Star Wars crossed with Final Fantasy XII artwork or something :D Could you imagine games like that with graphics like this?

I can't wait for E3..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Yeah, I wouldnt be a crazy fan of fantasy games either but...damn that looks great!!! Cant wait to see what the Pro Evo games'll look like though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Are you sure that these are not shots from the movie intro as Ratchet and Clank don't appear to be in view anywhere.

JackieChan wrote:
    Are you sure that these are not shots from the movie intro as Ratchet and Clank don't appear to be in view anywhere.

They weren't, it was a camera-pan through the environment to show it off. It may have been part of a cutscene, but R&C's have always been realtime and in-engine. If you look closely, you can see polygon edges and stuff, even look at the texturing on the floor in the first shot, it's a bit misaligned (perhaps a temporary rush job ;)).

Advertisement