Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get Oblivion

• 26-03-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.shopireland.ie/games/detail/B0009XH4D4/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion/
    Its €37.25 here!

Anyway is there per chance somewhere you can download a demo? It would be nice to try the game to make sure my computer can handle it... Im worried
    I only have a PC i built back in 2002 or so. Only thing added is new graphics card.
    Athlon 2100+
    1gb DDR ram
    Geforce 6600 (256mb)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I think your pc will really struggle with it. Your cpu isnt great and your graphics card wouldnt even reach medium settings I think.

You might be able to play it on the lowest settings but believe me this game on its lowest settings is UGLY...I mean looks like a playstation 1 game and thats no messing. Check the offical elderscrolls forums... someone posted it screens at lowest settings and they look bad bad bad really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well im sure my graphics card can handle at least medium as others have posted this with same model cards... its the CPU that will let me down more so. I know i will need to upgrade... Maybe after i get back from Lanzarote in May i will look at my finances..... things were so much simpler when i was single, living at home with loads of money. Now im married with a house etc... thank God i have no kids or i would have to sell a kidney :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

never mind the graphics

the game is beautiful at full spec, but the gameplay will blow you away. i promise you!
    thats about the specs i played morrowind on my old system at, and it ran fine. i didnt get fancy wavy trees etc, but i was far too engrossed in the story and the game to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

That's 37.25 excluding postage which costs 8.72, so it's a total of 45.97. Not that good a price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Got it last week in GAME. Basic edition €45, and the special edition is €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh shipping too? In that case.. cdwow has it for similar price... actually €1 cheaper i think but its free shipping.
    Went in to game today to see how much.. they did not have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well I've learnth a hard lesson. Don't order anything from play which you want in a hurry. :/ Maybe tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Well I've learnth a hard lesson. Don't order anything from play which you want in a hurry. :/ Maybe tomorrow...

Thats a shame mate, really enjoyable game. If you liked morrowind this will amaze you. There are some missions in there and I was like whoa there are some seriously imaginative dudes working in Bethesda.

Speechcraft is one of my favourite things to do now, i love the mini game. Hated it at first but when i got the hang of it grew on me like a rash.

PC or 360??

Advertisement