Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows- Ballpark figure?

Options
  • 26-03-2006 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Corpo house, want to replace windows, pvc - 3 front, 3 back, incl 1 bay plus front door with side panels. Ballpark figure, 5 grand? 10???
    anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I paid 2,800 for three front windows last year. Front doors and porches etc. are expensive (I was quoted around 2,000 to replace my storm porch).

I reckon you are looking at nearer to 10 than 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The bay windows are the problem here. I have two bay windows, 2 small windows and a porch and I've gotten about 6 quotes all between 7,000 and 10,000.

I just can't bring myself to spend 10 grand on glass and plastic. Another Oirish rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

I will assume that the bay window and the door will be the key expenses here

If it helps, I have recently received a number of quotes for 5 windows ( one living room, three bedroom and bathroom) for a standard corpo house in North Dublin.

Quotes ranged between 3650 to well over 5k. We decided to go with Fairco in the end- they seemed to have a high quality product, at around 3.9k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Deans Windows, Walkinstown, were the best quote we got. For 2 doors, six windows they were 4300.00. Top quote we got was 8,700.00, same spec. A little tidying up afterwards, but a good job.

Advertisement