Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio scanners question

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Basic enough scanner, but then again what are you interested in listening to.
    The frequency which that covers will allow you listen to many of the taxi frequencies and some of the emergency services. Also you will probably be able to listen to some Amateur Radio aswell.

Not sure if it covers the airplane frequencies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Adamakamoneyman

Hi

Can some1 give me the name off a good website to buy a radio scanner. Im a first timer so i dont want 2 be spending alot on a scanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ErnieS

I am interested in acquiring a scanner which can receive airband plus IE radio frequencies (450-460). I had a Uniden UBC72XLT but the manual was useless. I had a friend try installing frequencies but now although it scans I can hear nothing. I tried resetting as per manual but nothing happens. So I require something with a good manual and easy to use. Can anyone assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

ErnieS wrote: »
    I am interested in acquiring a scanner which can receive airband plus IE radio frequencies (450-460). I had a Uniden UBC72XLT but the manual was useless. I had a friend try installing frequencies but now although it scans I can hear nothing. I tried resetting as per manual but nothing happens. So I require something with a good manual and easy to use. Can anyone assist?

Whats your location? are you within 10 miles of a airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ErnieS

Hi Mech 1,
    No, I live in Wexford but should be able to hear overflights. Got the UBC72XLT working after a fashion but not that happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement