Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other expectant parents

Options
  • 26-03-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Wife is due in September,

We both use eumom discussion boards which are very handy just wondered would a similer sub-thread work here?

If not.....anyone else, or their partners due?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Due baby number 3 in September myself. I use rollercoaster and magicmum when i have specific pregnancy/baby related questions - not too sure if there is a need for such a site here. Best of luck to you and your wife.
    AD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

We are expecting our 1st in September aswell:eek:

Looks like its going to be a very busy month:D

Best of luck to one and all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

branners69 wrote:
    We are expecting our 1st in September aswell:eek:

Looks like its going to be a very busy month:D

Best of luck to one and all..

Nah looks like December WAS a busy month;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

ArthurDent wrote:
    Nah looks like December WAS a busy month;)

Christmas Parties eh;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ahhh september is always busy for babies as it is about 9 months after the fun and frolics of the festive season of christmas and new years.

There was ar ise in the number of births 9 months after Ireland were in the world cup :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Mine is due in July - I use rollercoaster.ie too. My first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Due No2 in June ! Yahoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jconn

due our first in June, in the process of purchasing a buggy/travel system. Thinking of getting a Jane Powertrack 360 with Matrix travel system, anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

jconn wrote:
    due our first in June, in the process of purchasing a buggy/travel system. Thinking of getting a Jane Powertrack 360 with Matrix travel system, anyone have one?

We got the Jane slalom, which i think is the next model. Its the business. totally recommened it. weve had great use of it for last 8 months. and its the business for country walks. Wed give it ten out of ten.

http://www.welcomemrbaby.com/detail.asp?art=3896

its the 3 wheeler we bought..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

due no 2 in july:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Baby number one is due next Friday.

Have got most things - buggy, carry cot, Moses basket, variety of clothes.

Nappies are coming from The Baby Orchard website. Decided to go down the cloth route. Other people's reactions to this is both funny and annoying. So far our experience is that
    - anyone who has actually used real nappies is positive about them

- anyone who has used disposable nappies is negative about real nappies and talks up the 'convenience' of Pampers [while ignoring the environmental / hassle of buying them issues]. Despite having done no research on the cloth ones and instead basing their opinion on narrow and ill-informed perceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Congrats to all the expectants out there....

Baby no 3 was born 2 weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I had my first child on February 11th, a wee girl...

Where was this thread when I was expecting?

Anyways, http://www.magicmum.com is great... any question you have at all will be answered there!

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Baby number one is due next Friday.
    Nappies are coming from The Baby Orchard website. Decided to go down the cloth route. Other people's reactions to this is both funny and annoying. So far our experience is that
    - anyone who has actually used real nappies is positive about them

- anyone who has used disposable nappies is negative about real nappies and talks up the 'convenience' of Pampers [while ignoring the environmental / hassle of buying them issues]. Despite having done no research on the cloth ones and instead basing their opinion on narrow and ill-informed perceptions.

Good luck !

Curious, how did you fair arguing the nay-sayers on the environmental impact of washing the cloths. Event Sunday times sought to balance it against the disposables yesterday?
    samo wrote:
    Congrats to all the expectants out there....

Baby no 3 was born 2 weeks ago :)

Congrats to you, hows sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

My wife is due at end of Sept / beginning of October.

She wan't too good at the start of the pregnancy, lots of vomiting and she ended up very dehydrated (hyperemisis) and was sent into hospital by our doctor to be put on an IV drip.

She feeling much better now thankfully and we're both over the moon!

We both have a feeling it will be a boy, not sure why but we both just have a strong feeling about it. We'll find out on the day I suppose :) once s/he is healthy thats all that matters...

Gareth

redman wrote:
    Curious, how did you fair arguing the nay-sayers on the environmental impact of washing the cloths. Event Sunday times sought to balance it against the disposables yesterday?

Didn't get into that with them.

I haven't seen the article. Was it concerned with the amount of washing?

We have bought a couple of hundred liners which can be flushed down the toilet when soiled so the nappies themselves might not get too dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

We just had baby number 2 two weeks ago. We had a girl and she is fantastic! We are getting decent enough sleep until last night, then she decided to wake at 4am and not settle back to sleep. The joys of parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Kernel32 wrote:
    then she decided to wake at 4am and not settle back to sleep. The joys of parenting.

What, she woke once during the night?

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Didn't get into that with them.

I haven't seen the article. Was it concerned with the amount of washing?

We have bought a couple of hundred liners which can be flushed down the toilet when soiled so the nappies themselves might not get too dirty.

It was a broad article and saying that the Washing Cloth Nappies balanced using disposables, with the amount of washing. But your solution would knock that one if your using the liners I would imagine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My wife is due our first on April 26th ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Sleipnir wrote:

No she wakes more than once to feed. She just happened to wake at 4am that morning to feed and decide not to go back to sleep. She has been pretty good though, just the odd bad night. Thankfully my wife is breastfeeding, no heating bottles, no cleaning bottles, it makes night feedings easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Congrats to all of ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm due tomorrow by my scan dates & am 1 wk overdue according to our dates....

How are all the other bumps doing?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Sleipnir wrote:

Is she not still on 3-4 hourly feeds?

Anyways. I'm due in Sept too - more Xmas luvin' :D I am a devoted magimum'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

My wife is due at the end of May... It's our first one... OMG ain't I nervous! :D

Our son Matthew was born last Wednesday 12th. He was five days overdue.

It was a long labour - 16 hours - which began on the Tuesday night at around 11.30pm until he was born at 3:42pm the next day.

7 lb 11 oz and he is amazing.

My wife is breastfeeding him and he is going 3 to 4 hours between feeds at the moment. I have the role of winding him and settling him down to sleep each time. He tends to sleep longer and easier during the day. Last night he was fed at around 3.30am but took around 40 mins to shut his eyes. Again at 7.30am he was a little grumpy but slept until 12:30pm which is good.

Have ten days paternity leave which helps. Easter coming in the middle is good as it drags it out longer. Due to go back Friday 28th but will take that day as a day's holidays and not return to the office until the following Tuesday [another bank holiday weekend].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Congratulations on the birth of Matthew. The exact same weight as my son when he was born.
    You sound like you have a great routine & division of labour for the feeding too. Good to hear the b'feeding is working well for you too. It's a wonderful experience.
    Enjoy the rest of the time off with your son.

We have our CSection date now for the middle of June. Shame we can't do a natural birth but c'est la vie.

Advertisement