Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike from wiggle

Options
  • 26-03-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever bought a mountain bike from wiggle?They stock a really good cross country bike that I am concidering when the government savings pays up.It,s a focus black forest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

check their T&C's. As far as I know they don't ship outside of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

How come they are a reccomended link if they don't ship too Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Wiggle don't deliver complete bikes to Ireland, asked them last week.
    They do ship parts here tho.

Try rutland cycling, I recently bought a bike from them it was 50 sterling delivery to Ireland.

Evans cycles also deliver here, friend of mine bought a bike from them a while ago.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Wiggle have only recently started to ship bikes to ROI. was looking at a bike on their website a few weeks ago and at that time they only shipped to UK, Channel Islands and the North.
    Checked again last weekend and they are now shipping to most of EU. Delivery to ROI is 50 Pounds.
    Some bikes are great value. The bike I was looking at was 899 Euro on most UK websites, it was 769 on wiggle....don't even ask about ROI prices.

click on any bike on their site and it will say shipping to Irish Republic on the left hand side of the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Mc Convey cycles up north sell nice bikes at nice prices. Not sure what their shipping story is though - check em out http://www.mcconveycycles.com/. Evan cycles as mentioned above also do nice bikes at nice prices but don't know how they are on shipping.

• Advertisement

Wiggle are one of the few dealers that sell focus bikes.Top quality handbuilt frame and excellent parts...thirty times better than any trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

You could get an NRS of 2005 or 2004 for that much and still have loads and loads of cash left over with which you could upgrade to some seriously nice disk breaks instead of the basic Julies that or on that. The NRS would be nicer all over and of course, a great full sus (from what I hear - never ridden one). Avid Juicy 7's are selling at about €240 a pair on pricepoint delivery included. That's the 160mm rotor included. That's incredibly cheap. The focus seems good but that's what I'd do. The NRS may be discontinued, but it's still a great choice.

Look on bonthronebikes.co.uk for the NRS. Or for a little more you can get an '04 Marin Alpin Trail I think. Full sus can be quicker than hardtail.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p30

That's what I was talking about. You can get much cheaper ones too. I'd buy it over the Focus. I didn't mean Bonthronebikes when I said it earlier, I actually ment paulscycles.co.uk.

I think the extra bit for the fully kitted out full sus NRS would be worth it. Good on trails and raceable at the highest level. Can't go wrong if that's your thing.

Maybe this is another option:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p436

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ are apparently Europe’s biggest online bike shop and are based in County Antrim. They do free shipping to the South. I don't know if they have what you are looking for though.

• Advertisement

Rode an NRS 3 today. It was a nice bike.

Nice one Hussein for the advice.I'll look into it.I want too get something for offroad as coillte are going to be developing trails down here in Cork in the next few years.
    I dont know much about hydrulic brakes or disc ones for that matter,but if the nrs has better brakes for a better price..thats well good.

I know chain reaction too be good for parts but for full complete bikes there are better their range is very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Wideangle,
    did you buy the bike from wiggle in the end?
    I'm looking at ordering a roadbike from them and would love to know how it worked out for you

thanks

P

Hi King ramm,I'm only looking around at the moment too see what I'd be after,will not be ready to purchase till July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Tales Of Topogr

They do post to Ireland as stated above.
    I got a bike, "Focus Variado Expert" delivered on Thursday last.
    Not a problem.

Advertisement