Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is LOST losing it? *possible spoilers*

• 26-03-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I have to say i've been very dissapointed with Lost Season 2 so far. Its getting predictable, the American scheduling is ridiculous and they are fraying off way too many new storylines.

There are still so many unanswered questions from season 1, and they haven't even attempted to answer any of them, bar the ones I wasn't even interested in finding the answers to (do i care about Jins impotence?). Instead the've just added a load of new questions. Its going the same route that the Matrix trilogy took, first its fresh new and intriguing, then a little frustrating, then just downright annoying.

I just don't care about the characters anymore. I don't care that Sawyer has all the guns, i don't care that Sun is pregnant, or that Walt is missing, or that Jack and John are fighting, or that "the others" might be actors, or that the guy from the balloon might be one of them, or that Hugo has a secret stash of food, or that charlie has lost the plot ( i know i have ), or that the island monster has never been found, or that they have never gotten into the electro magnetic room in the hatch, i don't care that desmond has dissapeared OR that there are storylines ad nauseam... i just don't care anymore.

Give me 24 any day with its storyline twists that get answered in the very next hour, just as soon as a new set of twists is introduced.

So my question is, is Lost going to just fizzle out or is there hope for it doing itself any justice before this season ends.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

*Yawn*

I've lost count of the amount of threads like this that there are on this forum...

Lost is what you make it. If you think it's going to be ****, then it will be. If you don't care, then just stop watching it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I thought it was losing it but last weeks episode seemed to spice it up a wee bit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

If you like 24 then simply turn off Lost, there is no one asking you to watch it.

Imo the show has picked up since episode 10 of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Don't know why people are getting annoyed that all the mysteries haven't been solved yet. The writers could explain everything in the next few episodes but then what would they have left to show us? Lost isn't like a soap opera where plot threads only last a few weeks at most. It's aimed at a more patient audience. I think Season 2 is coming along quite nicely now and the characters are getting darker by the minute. It's called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and it TAKES TIME. The writers have set up so many plot threads by now that the end-of-season episode should be a stormer. People who don't like it don't have to watch it and they certainly don't have to go through the bother of having their cousins send them episodes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Faith wrote:
    *Yawn*

I've lost count of the amount of threads like this that there are on this forum...

Lost is what you make it. If you think it's going to be ****, then it will be. If you don't care, then just stop watching it.

thats such a stupid response i think, the person was merely commenting.

just because he's not full of praise for it, maybe he's just disappointed with it?
    i know i am.

i was mad on it in the first season, and im still a fan, but upon the discovery of the hospital thingy where Claire was, i just went "oh god..." and shook my head.

i still watch it, and it still surprises me, but as he said, 24 is the way to go ;)

theyre the only tv shows i watch, so i am huge fans of both, but i think its ok to criticise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

whos cousin's sending what now?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lost is excellent, when it gets going. But it seems to be stagnating for the last few episodes. I'm saying I don't care about all the questions because they are not even touching on them anymore. I mean how can they be developing a storyline if they don't even discuss it any more. Like the monster who was all over the place in series 1 has just vanished, or Walt & Mike? They seem to have even dropped the love triangle with Sawyer, Kate and Jack, again for no reason.

IMO the producers have bitten off more than they can chew by having so many characters to juggle between, and I think what agamemnon said is the precise reason for the lack of momentum this season, they are spending so much time trying to develop their multitude of characters that they aren't even concentrating on the main plot any more, only giving dribs and drabs here and there.

I'm not just griping for the sake of griping, and like you said there HAVE been many threads voicing discontent with the show, not only on this forum. So its not like i'm on my own here. I'm only opening up discussion to ask if there IS any possible way they can pull the show back from the brink and keep their viewer base for another season. What do we want to see answered by the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Sure some episodes don't move the overall plot along one jot, but by this point in Season 2 (216), we've found out a lot of the secrets of Season 1: what Kate did, who sent the radio transmission Boone heard, what's in the hatch, what the monster looks like and what happened to Claire when Ethan kidnapped her, amongst other things. By the end of Season 2, we will know how the plane came down as well. We've also gotten new mysteries to puzzle out and most of them will probably be resolved by this point next season. The plot is moving along all right. I think the breaks between episodes in the US makes the season seem more dragged-out than it actually is, at least to Irish viewers like us who are used to seeing a whole tv season without interruptions. Patience, folks, patience...

true, i do think having to wait over 2 weeks for an episode is ridiculous.

But wait, who sent the message on the radio to boone?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Bernard sent the radio transmission to Boone - this was shown in the other 48 days episode!

Also some advice - if you dont want 2 week gaps between Lost then don't download it illegally - watch it on RTE 2 - where there are no gaps (apart from the Oscars nite)

Oh ok, i missed that one. In fairness, without the various boards around, there are a lot of stuff the average viewer would just miss. Like the Hanso logo on the shark.

...and believe me, if i'd known that there was this many breaks in the american schedule i would of not bothered getting it from the states. Next season i think i will just wait till its over then get it all in one go... "from my cousin".

The stupid thing is they run 24 in the US in the around 22 weeks. Yet Lost runs for like 8 months... its ridiculous, someone should go over there and pistol whip the executives at ABC. If Jack Bauer was on Lost, he'd be able to get off the Island in 24 hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

L31mr0d wrote:
    I have to say i've been very dissapointed with Lost Season 2 so far. Its getting predictable, the American scheduling is ridiculous and they are fraying off way too many new storylines.

There are still so many unanswered questions from season 1, and they haven't even attempted to answer any of them, bar the ones I wasn't even interested in finding the answers to (do i care about Jins impotence?). Instead the've just added a load of new questions. Its going the same route that the Matrix trilogy took, first its fresh new and intriguing, then a little frustrating, then just downright annoying.

I just don't care about the characters anymore. I don't care that Sawyer has all the guns, i don't care that Sun is pregnant, or that Walt is missing, or that Jack and John are fighting, or that "the others" might be actors, or that the guy from the balloon might be one of them, or that Hugo has a secret stash of food, or that charlie has lost the plot ( i know i have ), or that the island monster has never been found, or that they have never gotten into the electro magnetic room in the hatch, i don't care that desmond has dissapeared OR that there are storylines ad nauseam... i just don't care anymore.

Give me 24 any day with its storyline twists that get answered in the very next hour, just as soon as a new set of twists is introduced.

So my question is, is Lost going to just fizzle out or is there hope for it doing itself any justice before this season ends.

Stop downloading it then, and wait til its on Irish TV ;)

I agree it is going slow at the mo but i don't think its losing it :)

Advertisement