Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women's Football

• 26-03-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I'm watching BBC3 and there is a WCQ between England and France i was wondering what everyone thought of the quality of womens football or even if you take it serious?

i think the Beeb don't seem to putting it on BBC3 where "everyone will see it". Lots of empty seats too, the crowd seem to be very young

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Most women sports are brutal. Soccer is no exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I've watched a few English international matches and an FA Cup final and I have to be honest, I was very disappointed with the quality of football for that level. I assumed that the ladies would be able to give some mens teams a run for their money but that simply wouldn't be the case. An average team in the AUL or UCL would trash the English national team.

It doens't really give much hope for the future of women's football does it? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i have to agree, they wouldn't stand up in the EL IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I thought the woman's game was popular in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've seen womens soccer, womens rugby, womens GAA (football & hurling) and I have to say, in every sport, the standard is shocking.

So to answer your question, no, I don't take it seriously...I feel like I'm patrenising them just by watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

It's pretty awaful, no tactical awareness, slow, no defences. Basically, there's a few good players and the others are just filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When I was playing U18's (Ithink) when I was 15 or 16, the girls team had a couple of players playing for Ireland. TBh, they were'nt up to much (they could'nt play football either, badom tish!) but seriously, I was underwhelmed. Bar a few reckless tackles, they could'nt touch most of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Women play football now? What next, a female president?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

my brother played in ddsl at under 15's for a top dublin club,they played irish senior ladies team and beat them 8-0.
    basically they are too weak physically but you look at games like tennis and they seem to have good co-ordination but they just cant play football!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well in fairness how many women do you know that really like football never mind play the sport. With the numbers that play the game its not that surprising they are of a poor standard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

any matches I've seen have been really poor and it doesnt help that FIFA dont take it seriously. Which one of them said something like the only way to make it better would be to see them looking all hot, sweaty and lovely in revealing uniforms. In fairness though the same level of interest isnt there as with the mens game so I suppose it couldnt really be anything but terrible

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nike_Dude wrote:
    Which one of them said something like the only way to make it better would be to see them looking all hot, sweaty and lovely in revealing uniforms.

That would be our highly intelligent FIFA president, Mr. Sepp Blater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Who wouldnt watch that? :eek:

Advertisement