Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rain

Options
  • 26-03-2006 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Has anybody started building an ark yet..has it stopped in the last 48hours? Stuck in the house 4most o the weekend..am suffering terrifying cabin fever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

And this is news ?I presume that you only arrived in Galway 49 hours ago. It is definitely the wettest place in the country I am surprised Michael Palin has Not been there yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sparkles

Michael Palin was probably drowned in a giant puddle as he attempted to visit or else pounded so hard by the cursed rain that he is no more than a soggy mushy mess outside zhivago. Will it ever end?? Is there a mental illness associated with too much rain? I think it may be upon me if there is

The illness is called Central Parkitis. The symptoms are an urge to gather outside a **** niteclub in said rain in groups of 500 or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my god that's a disturbing sounding illness.
    is there anything that can be done for these poor souls, or is a bullet between the eyes the only cure?

I think there is a good dose of avian flu on the way to take care of these sad souls

• Advertisement

the common illness known as central parkitis (a close relative of karmakopia) is severe and debilatating and is worsened by close contact with fat frogs,pink polo shirts and snack boxes at 3am in the morning. The Rain may be a factor in this terminal of illnesses but is as yet unconfirmed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The rain in Galway is incredible, surely it's some kind of natural resource? It's an amazingly wet place, perhaps it's just a way of preparing for when the sea levels rise that predicted 6m's?

It was actually a nice enough day when I got up at what I thought was 9 .. was really 10.. daylight savings time is my new enemy. Was working at 10:30 so had to run in. I think some old dude put a curse on me whilst I ran in..

The puddles around galway are highly decieving.. i remember being on a bike a couple of years ago and thinking, "sure, i'll cycle through this puddle". Turned out to be a pothole in disguise. Was almost thrown over the handlebars !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I was on the Corrib Jet-ski'ing all day, I was like a pig in sh1t... Happy days :D

Looking out my window anddd...........yep its still raining. Where does it all come from? Yes, I know the sky has sommat to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Sure its been a very dry year so far. Its no harm to see a drop of rain - it can't be dry all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's quite nice today.....rain was annoying yesterday though. It just rained non stop all day from morning till night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Miserable hoor of a day yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Whats it like down there today? Sligo is miserable, p1ssy wet. Funny though yesterday was mild and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it's like Sligo yesterday!

Just started lashing rain there.. going to have to walk into work now.. bringing a my waterproof pants, big ass jacket, umbrella,and a spare change of socks.. with a newspaper to put in my shoes to dry em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just started lashing rain there.. going to have to walk into work now.. bringing a my waterproof pants, big ass jacket, umbrella,and a spare change of socks.. with a newspaper to put in my shoes to dry em

I left work at 4 to walk to the gym (renmore) from University College hospital. I was expected to be greeted by sunshine and warmth and was pretty much drenched within seconds. Sun started shining when I eventually got there....almost an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Limerick is worse, I think- Angelas Ashes wasnt far wrong in regards the amount of precipitation.
    In fairness we have had a very dry past few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

You should all just do what I do and simply not go outside for months at a stretch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Sparkles wrote:
    Has anybody started building an ark yet..has it stopped in the last 48hours? Stuck in the house 4most o the weekend..am suffering terrifying cabin fever

GO OUT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Sligo gets wayyyyyyy more rain than Galway..
    As i mentioned in another post, i have been living in Galway for 4 years now.
    And Galway really does get much better weather than Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

kippy wrote:
    Limerick is worse, I think- Angelas Ashes wasnt far wrong in regards the amount of precipitation.
    In fairness we have had a very dry past few months.

Not a chance, lived in both places and Limerick is definately drier (though this last week has been pretty bad). God I can remember my first year in Galway and the rain, honestly I'd never seen anything like it.

That isn't to say Limerick is the Sunshine State or anything, weather is far from great in Limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

It will probably clear up a bit around May if we're lucky...

Advertisement