Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Applet Question

Options
  • 26-03-2006 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got an intermediate knowledge of java and understand alot the principles of programming, However i'm having a slight bit of trouble trying to find info on how i would go about programming a special type of applet.
    The idea is it will sit on a webserver on a host pc, others can log in, and it will control a piece of hardware on the host computer. A bit like one of those webcams you can control from a remote location.
    Any idea's where would be best to read up on this sort of thing?

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Superman wrote:
    Hi,

I've got an intermediate knowledge of java and understand alot the principles of programming, However i'm having a slight bit of trouble trying to find info on how i would go about programming a special type of applet.
    The idea is it will sit on a webserver on a host pc, others can log in, and it will control a piece of hardware on the host computer. A bit like one of those webcams you can control from a remote location.
    Any idea's where would be best to read up on this sort of thing?

thank you.

That's not an applet. That's a server-side application. http://java.sun.com

Advertisement