Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats a decent modified car mag?

Options
  • 26-03-2006 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im not too mad into all that mad bodykit lark and big wheels, but i was reading one of them mags there recently which had a class black Pug307 Hdi tuned to a nice 140Horses with a full porsche exhaust system. None of that neon lights for 12yrs old kids tripe or playstations or that sort of tack. I forget the name of the mag, but most of the cars were done nicely, focusing more on power and the like rather than tack.

Anyway, what magazine would ye reccommend going on what i seem to like/dislike there. I`d prefer an Irish mag over an English one too if the irish ones are good. I think the one i was reading with the 307 was Irish. Hmmm!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

try modified motors, or flushbus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

FlashBus is gone.
    Modified Motors or Slick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

jtuner - no tits tripe or plastic fantastic,just engine mods altho its jap cars only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

louie wrote:
    FlashBus is gone.
    Modified Motors or Slick

i heard that before but didnot know if it was true.Thanks for confirming this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Niccolo

Turbo & High-Tech Performance Magazine is the mag for you. I get it delivered to my door every month. It's extremely cheap too.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

eireal wrote:
    jtuner - no tits tripe or plastic fantastic,just engine mods altho its jap cars only!

flush bus printed there last one in november of last year

get jtuner if ur into japs also banzai these mags dont have girls all over the place half nakid .
    Turbo & High-Tech Performance Magazine is the mag for you. I get it delivered to my door every month. It's extremely cheap too.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/
    ill have to give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

Banzai magazine / JTuner..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're interested in a particular brand of car eg. VW Golf, there are magazines devoted to one marque, these often show european cars and more subtle modifications

Try Easons, they have a good selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Thanks for recommendations chaps.
    I went for Jtuner, im a honda lad at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Nuttzy wrote:
    i was reading one of them mags there recently which had a class black Pug307 Hdi tuned to a nice 140Horses with a full porsche exhaust system.........

.........I think the one i was reading with the 307 was Irish. Hmmm!

If its the one Im thinking of yeah it was an irish mag it was Modified Motors to be exact. The reason I remember it was cause I wrote the feature on that car:D

If you are into your Honda's have a look at next months mag (out next week AFAIK) There is something in there that may tickle your fancy.

Also while we are on the subject (kind of) what did you think of the writing of that particular feature???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

If you are into your Honda's have a look at next months mag (out next week AFAIK) There is something in there that may tickle your fancy.
    Thanks for the tip. Ill have a look.
    Also while we are on the subject (kind of) what did you think of the writing of that particular feature???
    hiya, i thought it was a decent enough feature. I dont remember it all now obviously, but i dont recall thinking it was bad or anything.
    I do buy modified motors the odd time(its not really my kind of thing, i do glance thru it in the shop and if theres anything of interest to me (anything jap basically)i buy it) but the 1 thing i find a bit annoying with it is that there arent enough pictures of the cars featured. Each feature should have about 6pages. I remember looking at the white/black 2dr carbon civic towards the back of either last months or the month before and was trying to see what the exhaust looked like on it but there was no pic. I find that happens quite a bit in your magazine, theres not enough pics of the featured cars. There should be 2 pics of every side, bk and front so people thinking of putting a certain bit onto their own car can see what it looks like properly from the magazine. Throw out some of the adds and im sure there`ll be room. ;)

Ps:can you email me that article on the 307hdi, my mate bought the mag that month and cant find it after sayin he`d keep it for me, and i wouldnt mind keeping that review. I used have a pug diesel 306 and am a fan of the peugeot turbo diesels. (not girly 206`s though)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Ill have a word with the art editor and see what I can do but I doubt I will get it past the advertising department lol

Ill have a look and see if I can find out what exhaust was on that Civic. It was an Icetronix demo car so Id guess either Tenzo, AEM, DC sports.

Ill have to have a look to see if I still have that feature. I switched computers recently and dont know if I uploaded that one onto the new comp. Even if I have it it will only be the write up though - no pics im afraid!

Advertisement