Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm immobiliser (ROVER)

Options
  • 26-03-2006 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone might be able to lend us a hand with this question/problem?

My car (a rover) has a stupid bloody immobilser alarm that ive to switch off before starting her up. However the bloody keyring is fairly knackered and is fallin apart and its only divine intervention i havent been stranded overnight in the carpark at work. It takes about twenty minutes of frustrating button bashing and keyring smashing to get it to switch off.

Just wonder does anyone know how to rectify it?
    Is it true you can get another one reprogammed to do it? and if so where? (im in cork btw)

Any info appreciated.
    Thanks a mill folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You have 2 options here...

1) Disable the immoboliser
    2) Replace the keyfob

If you want to go with option 1, you'll need the EKA code. This is a 4 digit code and should be written on a card inside your users manual. There is also instructions in the users manual of how to go about entering the EKA code. But beware, that this code will disable the immoboliser until you decide to re-initalise it, so your car could be easily robbed.

2) If replacing, buy the fob on eBay (Can be gotten for about 20 euro) and then its off to an MG-Rover dealership, where they'll empty your wallet to re-program the keyfob!

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Is the immobiliser OE?
    What model and year do you have?
    I know about the Lucas 14VT units and 5AS units and how to disable them (can't post on forum though).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If its the 5AS system you can enter the EKA Code (Not sure about the older ones) which is described clearly in the Manual. If you dont have the code, a dealer will try and charge you for them to get it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Cheers for the help lads. Unfortunately i got it 2nd hand so had no manual for it. Went to a rover garage and got it sorted for the sum 137 euro!! :(

Steep but to be honest just glad its sorted and now i dont have to worry about when and where to stop the car in case i cant start it again!

Thanks again lads!

Advertisement