Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$$ia

Options
  • 26-03-2006 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

I would like to find out will the government lauch another ssia type scheme.i was young when this was realeased but now im interested in saving money into a scheme like that.
    i heard the government were going to lauch something like this but i cannot find anymore information.Or is there any other bank scheme like this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

Nope i dont think they have any plans to do another ssia, pensions are their worries now. Even if they did they wouldn't offer anywhere near the rate they are now, its much too generous. You can always take out a personal investment plan with one of the investment companies [First active, EBS, etc....] This works the same way as a stock invested ssia without the 25% from the government.

You have no excuse not to save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

i was young when this was realeased but now im interested in saving money into a scheme like that.

i wonder what the average age of the SSIA savers is? i started it when i was in college but i only know 1 person my age that did it too. i read in the paper a while ago that the majority are middle-aged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

PDelux wrote:
    i wonder what the average age of the SSIA savers is? i started it when i was in college but i only know 1 person my age that did it too. i read in the paper a while ago that the majority are middle-aged.

I was like yourself I was in second year of college when I started mine. All my friends, most of whom where working fulltime, didn't bother to invest in one. And those who do have them it is only because their parents(mainly mother) either paided it for them or forced them to do it.

Really not many people have any excuse not to have done one, they where very flexible, you only had to invest as little as €10 a week. for the final year up it to the max and get a guaranteed 25% in one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i did have it but duee to financial difficulty had to cancel it, but now i know i can afford one.

i was in permenant tsb and they have some pension scheme that you invest 7.60 and you will recieve 2.40 extra.im not sure what it is but im going too find out tommorrow.

Does anyone have any info on the scheme.

Advertisement