Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret talks about WM22

• 27-03-2006 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

There's a good interview in the Calgary Sun with Bret Hart where he states quite clearly that he won't be at WM22 as well as lot of other stuff. You can read it here

Bret on Vince...
    "I carried around a lot of hard feelings until I had my stroke. Then, I just couldn't worry about that stuff anymore. All I could worry about was getting myself out of a wheelchair.

"Vince called me in my hospital bed and I told him I don't want to be forgotten for everything I did. He said he'd make sure I'd be remembered."

"I think a lot of it is a sign of good faith."

"I don't think either of us has ever really forgiven, but Vince and I have made peace to a certain extent."

Bret on those who criticise him for entering the Hall of Fame...
    "No one is more tuned into that opinion than I am."

"I know there are people that feel I sold out, but I don't see it that way. I feel I have a right to be remembered."

Bret on not appearing at Wrestlemania 22...
    "I'm not trying to be difficult.

"I just wouldn't want anyone to think I have finally got in bed with them enough that I can accept what they did to me. At this point, I'm set to fly out of Chicago early in the morning, before Wrestlemania."

"Oh, they're certainly going to try to sell me on Wrestlemania between now and then.

"They're going to sit me down and talk to me about all kinds of stuff. But I'm not planning on doing anything more than walk out in front of people at the Hall of Fame. That's my only promise."

Bret on signing a contract for the ceremony...
    "They've sent me a contract and I don't have any intention of signing it. I know what contracts mean to them. I had a contract and they screwed me over on it. Now they come back to me with a contract 10 years later and ask me to sign it?

"For what?"

Bret on Shawn Michaels appearing at the ceremony...
    "I've basically told them that if I see Shawn, I'll get back in a cab and go straight to the airport. They'll have to get him to do my induction speech. I just feel that there's too much anger for me. Too combustible."

Bret on his induction...
    "I never did get to say goodbye.

"This will give me some closure. I don't carry around any bad blood anymore. I just want to enjoy my life. I have the whole second half of it ahead of me and I plan to make it just as interesting as the first."

Good interview and it seems unless Vince manages to hypnotise him, Bret's not appearing at Wrestlemania.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

good interview. cheers for posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Straight to the point. He just wants to say goodbye and nothing more. I agree with him. Good interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Stalfos wrote:
    Straight to the point. He just wants to say goodbye and nothing more. I agree with him. Good interview
    yup i feel the same way...no point making a one off appearance and having people think that you have got over whatt vince did.....
    he should get his induction into the hall of fame and leave thats it...........and then i think it will be a while before him and wwe meet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think there is talk of doing a second Bret Hart dvd with matches that did n't make the first one. I'd imagine that won't happen for a while given that the first one is still selling really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's another interesting Bret Hart interview out which can be read here.

He talks in more detail about the ceremony. Worth a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement