Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msn/aim ?

Options
  • 27-03-2006 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

msn/webmessenger/aim all dont work from college apartments, are they all blockied? proxies dont work with msn at all ?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

proxies work with MSN on the WaveLAN network.

proxy server is: proxy1.ucd.ie
    port is: 8484

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they didnt seem to work ? socks/port category in msn messenger connection preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I haven't used msn but it's not sock info you want to be filling in, it's just a standard http proxy. donno if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Try signing onto MSN through MSN Web Messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Try signing onto MSN through MSN Web Messenger.
    For those out of the 1337 loop (:p), that's http://webmessenger.msn.com . It's basically an online version (slightly slower) of the regular standalone MSN Messenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that doesnt work either, infact if you search ucd msn blocked in google, a topic from here comes up stating it doesnt work aswell/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Red alert's the expert but I think it's just the wireless computers that can use it, based only on his WaveLAN post, as I say I've never used it. The web one should work anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I can't check because my pop-up blockers are going crazy at it, but I've used it in here before...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

MSN does work in the res. You need to configure it to use a HTTP proxy. Names and ports of UCD proxies are below. With the latest version of MSN it takes its proxy info from Internet Explorer settings. So configure it like the screenshot attached.

posaune.ucd.ie:8484
    posaune.ucd.ie:8585
    garfunkel.ucd.ie:8484
    garfunkel.ucd.ie:8585
    carrigvore.ucd.ie:8484
    carrigvore.ucd.ie:8585
    excalibur.ucd.ie:8484
    excalibur.ucd.ie:8585

Advertisement