Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from FS discs.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What about all the good things hitler did?
    Please strive keep your points above the level of idiocy that actually hurts my brain when I read them.

Or in other words, WTF?!!!11sine(90 degrees)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Raiser wrote:
    Over-zealous modding seems to be...

Let me guess, you were just about to subscribe until you saw all the nasty mods, etc, etc, etc... yawn :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Raiser wrote:
    Where it then seems to go wrong is in the case of the very regular and unfortunate instances of banning threats and "jackboot modding" [usually mods own egos in my experience

if you are going to make claims like the above, I want to see examples, and more then one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Beruthiel wrote:
    banned from feedback

isn't it great the way a mod gets nothing but abuse for all the hard work they do, lemming has to do more than most of us, yet gets no thanks for it.

the rest of ye better start giving some proper feedback or this won't be the last banning.

When you are a mod(which is a choice btw) you must take the good with the bad, would people complain if Berty done something that seemed very stupid and outragous?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

When you are a mod(which is a choice btw) you must take the good with the bad, would people complain if Berty done something that seemed very stupid and outragous?
    Yes, but probably in a coherent and cohesive manner.

Mods are people too bucko. They make mistakes, just like you etc.... If Bertie made a mistake and somebody came along and said Bertie is forever pulling out his e-cock (or use any letter to describe the TeeShocks appendage) well then they are going to get the same treatment.

I'm not saying don't complain, do. But don't act like a complete idiot just because a Mod "appears" to have made a harsh and incorrect decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

*** Below quote posted in response to my earlier post ***
    Doctor J wrote:
    Let me guess, you were just about to subscribe until you saw all the nasty mods, etc, etc, etc... yawn :rolleyes:

Doctor J Are you some sort of genetic combination of apathy and a keyboard? If you don't have any valid contribution then I fail to see why you're wearing out those keys and adding to the current drain on the national power grid. Take up a sport, fly a kite, just go do something worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Flush Phill

This whole episode screams "Help!!". I think Lemming is in over his head and the stress is showing.

Maybe he needs a break from modding the forum.

This whole episode screams "Help!!". I think Lemming is in over his head and the stress is showing.

Maybe he needs a break from modding the forum.
    Lol, and your whole existence screams Troll tbh.

Raiser wrote:
    *** Below quote posted in response to my earlier post ***

Doctor J Are you some sort of genetic combination of apathy and a keyboard? If you don't have any valid contribution then I fail to see why you're wearing out those keys and adding to the current drain on the national power grid. Take up a sport, fly a kite, just go do something worthwhile.

I'm sorry, I lost interest after this nugget
    This website is not serving you Mods

Nothing like unsubstantiated blanket criticism to invalidate a contribution, eh? Please don't make rash accusations about groups of people here, for if you had bothered to read the thread fully you would see there are mods on both sides of the debate here. If you do have a point to make, kindly stick to facts while making it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I doubt that much more can come from this thread. Daveg has made his claim to which most people have thrown in there 2 cents, and to which Lemming has responded.

What ever comes of Lemming's consult with the other FS mods, should probably be taken to the PM level and if Daveg still feels wronged, then maybe open up another thread, as this one has gone to the 'insult the world and its mother stage'.

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote:
    Yes, but probably in a coherent and cohesive manner.

Mods are people too bucko. They make mistakes, just like you etc.... If Bertie made a mistake and somebody came along and said Bertie is forever pulling out his e-cock (or use any letter to describe the TeeShocks appendage) well then they are going to get the same treatment.

I'm not saying don't complain, do. But don't act like a complete idiot just because a Mod "appears" to have made a harsh and incorrect decision.

My comment wasn't really pointed towards lemming it was just a general statement, sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

daveg wrote:
    I'll be honest with you here I was so pissed I was going to resign as mod over this issue.

daveg, really, if Lemming has some issues to sort out, you've twice as many going by this. Maybe you should consider a bit of timeout yourself? Almost on-par with our dear Rozie in the drama stakes :)

We're batting this issue about at the moment and if any changes to the rules are being made they will be announced in FS General.

As for those going for all out insults, don't expect any leniency from me in FS in future, I will be watching you like a hawk. An Internet hawk. With eyes of liquid crystal and talons of silicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Doctor J wrote:
    I'm sorry, I lost interest after this nugget
    Raiser wrote:
    This website is not serving you Mods
    Doctor J wrote:
    Nothing like unsubstantiated blanket criticism to invalidate a contribution, eh? Please don't make rash accusations about groups of people here, for if you had bothered to read the thread fully you would see there are mods on both sides of the debate here. If you do have a point to make, kindly stick to facts while making it.

Doctor J you have:

1) Extracted 7 words from my earlier post - [randomly was it?]
    2) Quoted them out of context.
    3) Isolated them so they lost their intended meaning.
    4) Misunderstood or just chosen to ignore my original point/points.
    5) Made incorrect assumptions about how I have read this thread [?]
    6) Pointed out the established and obvious
    7) So stick to the facts you say? - ah but the irony will be lost on you ;)

- A master of spin and sensation you are not my friend - my kite suggestion still stands.

Raiser

Not at all, after a quick glance through your post history reveals a taste for mod bashing when the opportunity arises, so again, I put it to you, base your claims in fact and stop trying to divert the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

CuLT wrote:
    daveg, really, if Lemming has some issues to sort out, you've twice as many going by this. Maybe you should consider a bit of timeout yourself? Almost on-par with our dear Rozie in the drama stakes :)

I don't see how I'm being a drama queen by saying that I was thinking of resigning my mod status because I have recieved a ban 6 times longer than a regular user, because I am a mod. I would have thought that was quite a normal reaction.

daveg wrote:
    I don't see how I'm being a drama queen by saying that I was thinking of resigning my mod status because I have recieved a ban 6 times longer than a regular user, because I am a mod. I would have thought that was quite a normal reaction.
    No, I'd expect any mod to get a harsher sentence than a regular user, and that's how I dish them out myself. I would expect the same from any other moderator.

If anything it dispels the notion that we're an old boys club.

CuLT wrote:
    No, I'd expect any mod to get a harsher sentence than a regular user, and that's how I dish them out myself. I would expect the same from any other moderator.

Maybe I can agree for a blatent rule break. But for a "grey area" issue such as this....

daveg wrote:
    Maybe I can agree for a blatent rule break. But for a "grey area" issue such as this....
    Well yes, we've decided that the 6 week ban was ott, and it'll be put to rest soon, expect some private communicae to that effect.

CuLT wrote:
    CuLT wrote:
    As for those going for all out insults, don't expect any leniency from me in FS in future

Is that not a little hypocritical Cult?

daveg wrote:
    Is that not a little hypocritical Cult?

Hardly, it was mock-serious as indicated by the smiley and the Rozie comparison. Not to mention the Internet hawk part.

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    Hardly, it was mock-serious as indicated by the smiley and the Rozie comparison. Not to mention the Internet hawk part.

Fair enough. Wasn't sure with smiley and all... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

CuLT wrote:

We all know the FS Mods are really part of the Super Adveture Club :p

On a more serious note, I thought this thread was absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i thought a mod was but a regular user in every other forum but the one s/he modded. That has always been what i understood. Seems a bit divisive to have one rule/punishment for regular users and another for mods...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Must be springtime, what with all this antler-bashing and such....:D

RuggieBear wrote:
    i thought a mod was but a regular user in every other forum but the one s/he modded. That has always been what i understood. Seems a bit divisive to have one rule/punishment for regular users and another for mods...

Some mods like to twist rules to suit themselves, as is the case here

Some mods like to twist rules to suit themselves, as is the case here
    You say twist, I say bend.

CuLT wrote:
    No, I'd expect any mod to get a harsher sentence than a regular user, and that's how I dish them out myself. .
    Cult,
    do you have any examples of this? i.e. other Mods getting harsher treatments on FS and you (or other Mods) being treated harsher on other boards?

Hobart wrote:
    Cult,
    do you have any examples of this? i.e. other Mods getting harsher treatments on FS and you (or other Mods) being treated harsher on other boards?
    I've never done anything warranting a ban (and as a result have never been banned).

There are some examples of mods getting somewhat less leniant treatment, not many because mods generally don't get their noses dirty in FS, but I'm not going to go looking for them.

CuLT wrote:
    I've never done anything warranting a ban (and as a result have never been banned).

There are some examples of mods getting somewhat less leniant treatment, not many because mods generally don't get their noses dirty in FS, but I'm not going to go looking for them.
    Fair enough. I wasn't really aware of the one rule for Mods, one for the other users in practice on the FS boards.

• Advertisement

Hobart wrote:
    Fair enough. I wasn't really aware of the one rule for Mods, one for the other users in practice on the FS boards.
    Actually it's not specifically aimed at mods, it's just that experienced users often happen to be mods.

A user from 2001-2003 with ~1000 posts will get the same treatment mod or not. Maybe 2004s seeing as it's now 2006 and all...

I'm just generalising here; if we think a user should have known better then we adjust our decisions accordingly. May the seven kings of the Internet bless our system of justice.

Advertisement