Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower trays

Options
  • 27-03-2006 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Getting near shower tiling time but i have gaps at the sides of my shower trays in both the main bathroom and ensuite. What would be best to fill these in with. I was going to pack them with cement ? Any other suggestions before i dive in ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Personally I would recess the shower tray by cutting away the plaster board at the level of the tray and allowing the tray to slip under the plaster board by 1/2 inch. This means that any moisture dripping from the tiles will not work its way down the side of the tray. I'd also use the sealing trim that goes between the wall and the last line of tiles.

The last thing you want is a drip that cannot be located.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Depending on the size of the Gap this is not an ideal fix for a shower tray, you can use Plywood and let the tile 5mm over. But it's likely that it will open up from movement at some time...consider using battons and re-slab the whole wall down that side, this will make for a much better seal in the long term...
    How wide is the gap anyway?

best of luck with it :)

Advertisement