Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good restaurant in temple bar?

• 27-03-2006 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Am looking for a good restaurant,no partricular food type,in temple bar,can anyone recommend one?
    Was told elephant and castle is good but pricey.
    any suggestions welcome
    BR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Boden

elephant & castle is good alright. Chicken Wings are lengendary. Word of warning you can't reserve a table in advance here tho. Turn up & if they're busy they'll take your name while you go for a pint.
    Botichelli's is nice - directly across from the Temple Bar pub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chancer_007

thanks for the reply,
    someone also mentioned salamanca which is close by...am sure I wont go hungry!
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

tante zoe's is very nice not that expensive too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Salamanca is on Suffolk St and does sort of tapas food. It's very tasty. You can order lots of dishes and share them between you.

Bottecelli's as all ready mentioned is a good bet too. It's a reasonable priced Italian. Never had a bad meal there.

Luigi Malones isn't bad though it is also a little pricey. But they do a good value lunch special and early bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

roastie wrote:
    tante zoe's is very nice not that expensive too
    I've been there twice and had very bad experiences both times.

The Mongolian Barbeque is an interesting one. It's an all you can eat buffet, you make up you own meal and take it to the chef and he cooks it in front of you and you can do that as many times as you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Fitzers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I was in The Mongolian Barbeque last week, it was fantasitic if you like stirfry's cant wait to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Luigi Malones.... yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

dbnavan wrote:
    I was in The Mongolian Barbeque last week, it was fantasitic if you like stirfry's cant wait to go back.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Tante Zoe's, Luigi Malones, Sinners = fantastic

• Advertisement

Sarsfield wrote:
    The Mongolian is just plain stupid! You queue up to get your food . By the time you sit down it's time to get up for more. Dining is about sitting and conversing and relaxing as well as eating. The Mongolian is about as good as queueing in the Spar for your lunchtime sambo! It's a con.
    I've always found the Mongolian BBQ to be highly sociable. It's great if you're in a large group and you can get meet and talk to other people who might be seated at the other end of the table while you putting together your meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Sarsfield wrote:

No, I'd take exception to that: There is no set idea to a meal. It isn't necessarily about four people around a table with a tablecloth. The idea is to create a good experience, with good food, that people will enjoy. The Mongolian BBQ, in my opinion, provides such a service with great flair and, indeed, some pretty decent (though, it must be said "rustic") food. Irish people really need to broaden their minds in terms of restaurants. Otherwise it'll be overrun by the old, boring predictables...

Edit: Wrong word used; "great" instead of "create">

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Sarsfield wrote:

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it so I amnt interested in arguing your valid points which you, personally I loved it. I first encountered this style of resturant in Miami some years back and was delighted to find that one had opened in Dublin.

You can get exactly what you want on your plate, granted some meals you just want to go in relax sit down and have your food brought to you, if this is what u want this is not the resturant for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Monty's of Kathmandu is really excellent, and for such a highly praised restaurant, is pretty good value for money..

Nepalese food by the way.. Simillar to Indian, but different selection of spices..

Monty's of Kathmandu is really excellent, and for such a highly praised restaurant, is pretty good value for money..

Nepalese food by the way.. Simillar to Indian, but different selection of spices..
    I've always wanted to try that place... I might give it a go this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think the Mongolian Barbecue is a great place for a large bunch of mates to go for dinner, but a bad choice for a "within the first five dates" meal. If there are only two of you, you don't want to leave anything of yours at the table while you go up and get your food, and it's pretty pointless going in relays if there only two of you - talk about going somewhere to sit and eat alone!

Yes... I'm just thinking about the number of times I've turned around to find my date making out with some other guy by the oregano.

Advertisement