Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (NO)Broadband

• 27-03-2006 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I've just spent an the entire weekend with no broadband service whatsoever. This is only days after I'd had an IBB engineer out to my house to rework my receiver. I'm supposed to be on a 3Mb business package, but this is absolutely crazy. I tried getting through to their tech support. After about 40 minutes another call came through with I took and then accidently dropped the IBB support call so I just gave up. I wasn't waiting another 40 minutes, plus whatever else.

GAH

EDIT (for irlrobins): I'm on the macetown mast. I was on Clonsilla up to a short while previously but got moved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

yea i had same prob this weekend. What mast are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I agree
    I have the lowest possible deal.€18.99.
    Terrible, I get download speeds of 333bytes
    It is the only one in my area though

came home this evening and connection still in shite. Rang IBB only to find they never recieved my email with test results so hadn't advanced it to second level yet. This after them failing to send me the email with test instructions on Sat. So basically it will be three days since my original call before anything is done! Grr!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im getting 8k speeds of atruim but im getting good pings in gaming so I dont care. I just hope IBB get their act together some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Im getting 8k speeds of atruim but im getting good pings in gaming so I dont care. I just hope IBB get their act together some day.
    Here's hoping...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

8k speed. But factor in multiple people in each house playing (something quite common these days) and voice comms (again quite common) and you end up getting more than your fare share of lag spikes unfortunately.
    And certainly 40 man raids in world of warcraft take up more than 8k/sec during battles as a massive amount of data is flying back and forth. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Voice comms I wish, the plan was to get blueface when we got in our so called
    'broadband' in. But the connection has been too unstable and unpredictible.

My connection was perfect (2Mbps down, 4Mbps up (yea bit weird having faster upload speed) and low pings) until last week. Then this weekend it completely fucked up. Hopefully be back to its normal self soon.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I owe these gob****es 250 euro. The service is fine, never dropped, reasonably fast, but then my credit card went awol and got cancelled. Despite repeated attempts to give them the new details, it's now seven months down the line and bar one letter just after Christmas, they haven't noticed. **** them if they think I'm going to wsate any more time and money trying to getthrough tot hem...!

Still, you have to wonder....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'm using Ripwave because NTL are dragging their heels rolling out broadband in my area (D1).. I don't have a phone line, so untill then, I am quite literally suffering at the hands of the apalling quality of service from IBB.

I truly resent having to pay 19euro for a stupid little box that sits on my windowsill doing nothing! It took me 20mins to actually get online tonight, and now that I'm on, it's slower than dialup. I don't expect to stay connected for very long.. Since Friday night, I think I've had about 90mins connection time. Total.

Rubbish service. They should be shut down. W*nkers.

K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I'm using Ripwave because NTL are dragging their heels rolling out broadband in my area (D1).. I don't have a phone line, so untill then, I am quite literally suffering at the hands of the apalling quality of service from IBB.

I truly resent having to pay 19euro for a stupid little box that sits on my windowsill doing nothing! It took me 20mins to actually get online tonight, and now that I'm on, it's slower than dialup. I don't expect to stay connected for very long.. Since Friday night, I think I've had about 90mins connection time. Total.

K.

Im in the same boat.Waiting for NTL and suffering from IB.
    333bytes downloading!
    BYTES!

rip2roar wrote:
    Im in the same boat.Waiting for NTL and suffering from IB.
    333bytes downloading!
    BYTES!
    I thought to myself "fu*king hell that's fast!" Then I read "BYTES!" LOLLLL :D

K.
    Kind of in the same boat... Waiting for SMART but I have Breeze 2MB so it's not as bad as you (even though I have to pay €40 a month)...

Advertisement