Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cemeteries for non-baptised people?

Options
  • 27-03-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Strange request but I wonder if anyone can help me on this topic. My wife and I are currently debating an issue involving our young daughter - my wife maintains that if our daughter remains unbaptised there are no cemeteries in Meath (or anywhere else in Ireland??) that would accept her body in the event of her death. Cremation would not be an option. I know its an odd thing to be discussing but it seems to be a valid worry. My wife is 'non-attending' Church of Ireland, and I am agnostic, and we would prefer not to have our daughter baptised if possible.

Thanks,
    Alb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

albermarle wrote:
    my wife maintains that if our daughter remains unbaptised there are no cemeteries in Meath (or anywhere else in Ireland??) that would accept her body in the event of her death.
    I don't know for certain if there are any municipal cemeteries in Meath, but of course there are municipal cemeteries in Ireland. Where do you think the non-Christians in this country go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 albermarle

Talliesin wrote:
    I don't know for certain if there are any municipal cemeteries in Meath, but of course there are municipal cemeteries in Ireland. Where do you think the non-Christians in this country go?

Thanks Talliesin, you're right about that. 'Municipal' is the key word I think I was missing! Will do a search under that term in Google, and if no luck there will phone a funeral director. Thanks again. Any other input is still welcome btw.

Alb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'd have a ring around some of the local funeral directors, especially those in the larger towns. Those in more rural parts won't have come across this too often.

Just as a matter of interest, where would you and your wife like to be buried, if you have lapsed faith? I guessing you've both been baptised?

Advertisement