Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting car stereo in Cork

Options
  • 27-03-2006 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Where should I go in Cork city to fit a new car stereo to my car, and how much should this cost me? I hear €20 is the norm. I would give it a go myself, but I think I'd prefer have it done properly!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There must have been threads on this before....

I haven't been myself but people say Car Stereos & Alarms on Patrick's Quay are good. I got my new stereo fitted by Castle Garage in Macroom recently. It was a bit of a weird job but Richie did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

When I got my stereo I asked that place on Patrick's Quay, I think the price varies but for me they quoted over €50 and there was a bit of hassle so I didn't bother (I wanted it installed straight away and like yourself I was thinking of doing it myself).

I rang a guy from Blackrock/Ballintemple in the phone book Car Stereo section who only had a mobile number listed, he was working in Grandons in Glanmire so I drove out there and he spent literally 5 minutes putting the stereo in. Not particularly friendly, but €30 and very efficient, so I was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Illkillya wrote:
    I rang a guy from Blackrock/Ballintemple in the phone book Car Stereo section who only had a mobile number listed, he was working in Grandons in Glanmire so I drove out there and he spent literally 5 minutes putting the stereo in. Not particularly friendly, but €30 and very efficient, so I was happy.
    That sounds like what I am after alright. Had he soldering and wire splicing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

yes wire splicing, but no soldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I drove around Cork on Saturday and was sent all over the place. The couple of guys I found who did the job were busy for the week. So I bit the bullet. I got the cables I needed from some sound guys in a car stereo shop on Coburg street. They sold me the adapter I needed and did the wiring for me. Then I removed my own car stereo, hooked up the adapters and after skinning my fingers in a few places I got the new one hooked up and done. It is an awkward job, but not a difficult one. Then I found an excuse to drive around all day Sunday listening to tunes! Sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement