Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options
  • 29-09-2004 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

And for all you dogs out there, i meant the other kind of bitch.

Anyways like the topic says the likes of "oooh my goood my focking commerce lecturer is such a focking bore omg i sweaaaar i could just like fall asleep....or something, y'know?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Roysh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I want to bitch about the copier in the Student Union.The thing broke down today even though I paid for my notes.And another thing why must we pay for notes?I had to pay €25 for politics notes. :mad:

It probably would've been cheaper to buy the book that contain the notes. :confused:

I'm gonna bitch about my crazy-ass timetable. If I decide to do Field Theory, then I'm in 9-7 on Wednesdays,9-5 Monday and Tuesday and in at 9 for 1 lecture on Friday. You'd think mathematicians could work out a more logical timetable than that! Grr...
    Also the lack of decent veggie food on campus. There's only so many O'Briens or Grind wraps you can eat...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

why must we pay for notes?I had to pay €25 for politics notes.:

short answer: copyright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm in a bitchy mood today so...

1: My timetable sucks, it's really sh1tty - is 1st year science always this time consuming
    2:On wed, thur, friday I'm not off till 5 + it takes me 2 hours to get home leaving college at that time
    3: Where's the goddamn hot food in the science canteen? any other students who use it should boycott the place till you can actually buy a half decent lunch.
    4: Is there ever any space in g15 - i'm always having to go to the '1st yr' computer room in the cs building - the rules of which are being blatantly violated!!! +when you do get into g15 , is there anyone there who knows how to SHUT THE HELL UP
    5:GGGRRR... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

My timetable is pretty cool.
    Two 9 o'clock starts, otherwise 11 or 12.
    Finished by 1 most days 'cept two.
    Thats the only reason I'm doing arts/comp - the hours are cushy.

If I must bitch then I would have to say that sitting in Dadalus at lunchtime everyday, with no friends isn't much fun... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

And why the hell do lecturers put their slideshows on Blackboard in a totally unprintable format?? its the most annoying thing ever.

tribulus wrote:
    I'm in a bitchy mood today so...

1: My timetable sucks, it's really sh1tty - is 1st year science always this time consuming
    Yes, yes it is. Get used to it. Unless you do maths/maths physics as your degree subject. :p Not as many hours but loads of problem sheets...
    2:On wed, thur, friday I'm not off till 5 + it takes me 2 hours to get home leaving college at that time
    Know the feeling.
    3: Where's the goddamn hot food in the science canteen? any other students who use it should boycott the place till you can actually buy a half decent lunch.
    There's a petition to bring back the hot food. The URL is in another thread. And the Grind pwns it anyway. Just don't go at 1.00!
    4: Is there ever any space in g15 - i'm always having to go to the '1st yr' computer room in the cs building - the rules of which are being blatantly violated!!! +when you do get into g15 , is there anyone there who knows how to SHUT THE HELL UP
    I'm in G15-("the gents", it was a gents toilet when I was in 1st year...) right now and yes, there is space. The reason nobody shuts up in there is because it's all the same people in there who used to live in the old room 219 computer room before it was replaced by the maths department. There used to be a back part to it cut off from the rest of the room so the gamers were as noisy as they wanted to be. Last year everyone used to play Red Alert 2 in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I want to have a little bitch about this ignorant arrogant misoginistic self infatuated commerce prick that I had the absolute mis-fortune of encountering this week.

I was in the LG's in the arts block minding my own business coming out of the computer area and walking down by the Drama Soc area by the stairs down towards my locker, when all of a sudden I had as someone put it an "impromptu shower". This prick who was queuing to buy tickets for some "focking" stupid C&E or some up other jumped up hyped up society event, decided that it would be mst humourous to throw his bottle of water over the stairway and soak a young maiden (who was wearing a lightly colour t-shirt at the time that went rather see-thru;)...joy..and who subsequently had to go to a tutorial and meet new ppl she had never met before..i'm all for sharing the usual things-hi im such and such and im from here but i think showing off your boobs to complete strangers the first time you meet them is going a lil to far..).

Initially i saw the humour in the whole thing, I'm not that much of a tight wench, so I went upstairs to talk to them about it, assuming it was an accident or something like that...ha.My naievity. The commerce lads had taken a trip out of their Quinn school for the day to show off their new highlights, dubes and watever new fangled gismo phone that Daddy had bought for them, and decided to act the arse in the arts block. :mad: Anyway, the bollix was on the phone, well actully as soon as he saw me coming over he took out his phone and called "Fiacra" or some other jumped up b*llix.

Anyway there I was soaking wet, and his mates and himself having a right ol chuckl about it..I had been prepared to take it as a humourus event, but because he acted like such an arrogant prick I just went to town on him and well, he was a lil red faced after I was thru with screaming at his pretentious ass, then and later when i had the misfortune in bumping into him yet again, however i kind of feel that it was a bit in vain..seen as how Daddy probably paid for him to get to college he probably didnt understand half of the "big" words I used. :D

Other then that I've had a pretty good week tho :D

Actully no i didnt. Buses in my area went on strike, had a major fight with the boyfriend(however the making up part was quite fun ;) ), have big money problems stupid non jobness-and i cant get one because of my timetable, bumped into an evil X boyfriend and my timetables all over the place with like 3 hour gaps here and there.. but even with that I'm quite happy.

seriously for some reason im happy.

its mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

i don't know why but the 3 or 4 hours spent on a bus is depressing the fuhk outta me.I don't expect some spiritual enlightenment from commuting, but it's pure torture.And the traffic; why won't people get off my road!!!

alana- some people are just pricks, keep up the good spirits.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That can't have been very pleasant Alana! Come and join EngSoc, we're a much nicer bunch than the C&E! :)

Cheers Sinead and Red Alert :D I agree about the whole bus thing, i'm up at 6.30/7.00 to get two buses in for 10 o'clock lectures..cant wait until i've 9.00 ones..ho hum..

Yes i agree, eng soc rocks :D I just want to make myself clear tho, I dont have anything against that whole genre of people i actually have a few good sound (believe it or not) friends in commerce but their are just so many (pardon the language) w*nkers....and oompa lumpas, how girls can do that to themselves i'll never understand-ur irish-ur naturally pasty!!!

I might actully just do that, all the eng soc people I've met so far are lovely, and really sound..although one members choice of clothing is...um..interesting..one thing i'll say is flyers...only flyers..and a rather large spanner..well if the scots can do it, why not i suppose :D however not to sound like a spanner (hehehe) i dont do engineering so wouldnt i be a lil out of place in the soc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Alana wrote:
    Cheers Sinead and Red Alert :D I agree about the whole bus thing, i'm up at 6.30/7.00 to get two buses in for 10 o'clock lectures..cant wait until i've 9.00 ones..ho hum..

I know how you feel.I too am up at 6.30/7.00 to get two buses except I have 9.00 lectures and I have them Monday,Wednesday and Friday. :mad:

I'm always arriving late for them and I've only been on time once.On one particularly bad day I got on a 10A instead of a 10 and I only sensed something was wrong when the bus stopped at Stillorgan instead of the Campus.I had to get a taxi back to UCD. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

well i failed my repeats so i'm back in first arts....thing is, i only have to take one subject so i have 18 hours........................per month! hahahahaha!!!!

i think we should burn down the quinn school of business and also turf all the jocks and umpalumpas, who tried to get commerce but failed and had to settle, out of arts.

i also want to kill that fat mess in services, he is the dark haired fat scumbag. his facial expression is one of stupidity and settled ill temper. He thinks he is some sort of tough cop working the hard streets of a dangerous city, this is confirmed by the fact that my friend saw him in a spar near campus wearing a NYPD t-shirt...hahaha. i've seen him on two occassions harrassing that old homeless guy with the beard who walks around campus. the harmless old man was just minding his own business and that fat mess of a bully comes over and starts giving him abuse for no reason, what a prick....what i wouldnt give for a harpoon gun...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I have been here 5 years on & off, so long that I am now running into my kid brother on campus.

They are paying the equivilant of nothing, which is only slight better than having to pay fees myself.

I have no office and have to mix with filthy undergraduates ;)

The only thing semi healthy and nice to eat is gone (baked potatoe in the Science canteen).

I have 3 more years left :(

On the positive side, nothing beats a couple of beers with your lunch and no worries about losing the rest of the working day :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Glad to see the oompa loompa phrase is catching on in these boards :D
    +thank you alana, finally i've heard a another girl say that fake tan is horrible and makes otherwise attractive (sometimes) girls look a lot worse. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

My biology lecturer's pissing me off, all he does is talk, doesn't put any notes up, never know what the **** to be taking down. For first year ag. sciences.

What I love about ag science is 90% of guys act like they've never seen a girl before(on the night out last thursday anyway) makes me look phucking great!

Most people are great to talk to, not much dickheads must say i like this place a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

What I love about ag science is 90% of guys act like they've never seen a girl before(on the night out last thursday anyway) makes me look phucking great

Well A lot of them are from the country ;) , sides that, yea the biology lecturer is a waste of space. Im doing denominated computer science and i have to do the regular science course AND extra comptuer classes :mad: , But i know enough people to get by so im not too pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well A lot of them are from the country ;)
    "Hai, this a fine figure of a woman indeed but this no sheep"
    Im doing denominated computer science and i have to do the regular science course AND extra comptuer classes :mad: , But i know enough people to get by so im not too pissed off
    Brother I feel your pain - don't worry though in 4th you wont do any more useless other Science courses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I know lots of chicks who agree that oompa-loompa chicks are scary.
    Its made me scared of wearing foundation make up for fear im actually orange and dont realise it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

ferdi wrote:
    i also want to kill that fat mess in services
    I agree, he is such a blaeden prick, He recognises me from the events of A21(don't even ask!, ferdi knows) and gave me a few looks I give him the odd wink, just to psche him out!
    If we get a chance ths year we should egg him!
    What I love about ag science is 90% of guys act like they've never seen a girl before
    They probably haven't!

Personally I think most people in commerce should be "hung, drawn and quartered", They are full of there own **** and they all seem to be oblivious to the fact that regardless of how good or bad they perform they daddy will still buy them a nice nerw golf/clio and get them a job in a marketing dept. of some mobile phone / radiostation!
    Oh did I forget to mention that they all seem to be trying alitlle too hard to be american jocks.

oompa loompa's are definitely the scourge of UCD, words can't describr how much I hate these bent bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

theres always the option of contracting jaundice for the average person who doesnt want to have to trowel on makeup and fake tan just to get that knackery look.

Indeed! Thank god they stay far away from the eng. building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Superman wrote:
    I
    Personally I think most people in commerce should be "hung, drawn and quartered", They are full of there own **** and they all seem to be oblivious to the fact that regardless of how good or bad they perform they daddy will still buy them a nice nerw golf/clio and get them a job in a marketing dept. of some mobile phone / radiostation!

Hmmmm, there's always been a lot of jealousy involved in other students attitudes towards the Commerce breed. Clearly the fact that they are a better healed bunch all-round, who'll cars you'll be washing and children minding, and houses building and computers fixing in the future doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Although i could never wear their silly clothes i have to agree with the above poster on jealousy of commerce heads.

I think they look ridiculous but i don't ever think about them outside when I see them, stop being jealous people nothing to be jealous of!

As well as the obligatory Dell bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Nothing beats the Science building... except a few others... *mumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Clearly the fact that they are a better healed bunch all-round, who'll cars you'll be washing and children minding, and houses building and computers fixing in the future doesn't help.

True dat! but that doen't give them the right to be self worshiping assholes , does it?

Hell no.
    What's really funny is when 1st commerce have to come down to the science block for one of their lectures. They all come in huddled close with their heads down, like one long snake. Talk to nobody and out as quick as they came. It's like they're afraid they're gonna catch geek or something.

• Advertisement

Superman wrote:
    True dat! but that doen't give them the right to be self worshiping assholes , does it?

I couldn't agree more....people talk about bulldozing things...i prefer the idea of dynamite :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement