Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

well see it says that if you're sending it back because you dont' want it it'll take up to 30 days to get a refund but I sent my back because it has loads of faults and still no money, hasn't been 30 days yet but damnit, i want good customer service, they now have a freepost address to send phones back to though which is good, but i got my receipt from the post office - i want my money.

They nicked 5euro from me one time too, was in my account then i went to sleep, got up the next morning and poof, i had no credit left.

Mine was faulty and I had to post it cos I'd ordered it online and they only take them back in the shop if you bought it there. I also have a receipt and it's been two years. I moved back to Vodafone though, they're lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I had to post it to - damn online ordering may be cheaper but it's a balls. On the plus side though i got lots of pigsback points.

The last phone I bought I had to get replaced three times, the bitchy thing is that the one month immediate replacement is only valid from the day you buy the first phone - not the day you get the replacement, i was one day out and i had to give them a big thing about working for the previous five days straight to get them to replace it.

I had to post it to - damn online ordering may be cheaper but it's a balls. On the plus side though i got lots of pigsback points.

The last phone I bought I had to get replaced three times, the bitchy thing is that the one month immediate replacement is only valid from the day you buy the first phone - not the day you get the replacement, i was one day out and i had to give them a big thing about working for the previous five days straight to get them to replace it.

So general concencus....Hate o2. Not on pigsback, I got nothing out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

elmyra wrote:

I recently cashed in my pigsback points and got €30 or €40 for a wear ... guilt free shopping! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

That feckin UCD ball stand in arts is playing snippets of 4 songs on a loop and it is doing my head in. Ive been in Th. M for the past hour slowly going insane!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Julesie wrote:
    That feckin UCD ball stand in arts is playing snippets of 4 songs on a loop and it is doing my head in. Ive been in Th. M for the past hour slowly going insane!!
    Is there a voiceover on that CD?

Crap! Just printed to the colour printer in daedalus laptop area instead of black and white. 17 page doc, aaaaaggghhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

elmyra wrote:

Yes hate o2, evil scum but the people on the helpline are always so nice......

Have got quite a lot of credit from pigsback over the years, although the admin charge is getting seriously high - thinking of using my points for something else. Dunno what though, i might just take a wander over to that site now *refuses to admit study avoidance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I missed my 10:30pm train home because I spent 30 minutes in the short loan collection trying to find a book I really need for an essay.
    According to the computer it is available yet when I went to the shelf....no book to be found.

I asked the woman at the issue desk and I got an incredibly rude response that consisted of "Well it's obviously there. You mustn't be looking properly."

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If you fill in a query form they should be able to find it, but that is poo Peachy.

I can't sleep, once again, and I've done nothing for anything. Poop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

im always awake.... im not moaning about it... but tomorrow when im freakishly tired at 2 in the afternoon with 5 essays to write in less than 24 hours then i will be moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

fúckin drunken students... left my bike in belgrove last night, woke up this morning to find the tyres taken off the bike, the tubes gone and the outside part of the wheels just left there... ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I went to sleep at 3am
    I was woken at 6.30 again at 6.40, 6.50, 7.05 and 7.20... because my 'friend' thought it would be funny...it wasnt.

I overindulged last night and now I'm paying for it

Also Scraggs Jr. is too like me..now I realise what people have to put up with.

I've soomuch work to get done before this evening and I've to go back to Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Scraggs wrote:
    Also Scraggs Jr. is too like me..now I realise what people have to put up with.
    Hotness?

(Daily flirty comment - check!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That's such c**p peachy, I hate the library at times.

My housemate went out last night, and brought half her class home with her at 4pm and they obviously mistook our living room for another nightclub :mad: And then this morning, I went into our spare room where we have all the laundry stuff, ironing board etc and I woke up random bloke who'd crashed. Then they crowded the kitchen while I tried to get breakfast, and my daily food mountain to bring to college. For people with hangovers they made way too much noise. Rant bitch moan etc. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I cant think in Irish... I keep writing German its such a nuisance and this essay is never gonna end :(
    and I need sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My procrastination is going to kill me before term is over. Bah humbug.

Essays are the work of the devil.

And

Boyfriend has strep throat which means I'll probably have it too. Perfect timing for the old finals eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I missed my 10:30pm train home because I spent 30 minutes in the short loan collection trying to find a book I really need for an essay.
    According to the computer it is available yet when I went to the shelf....no book to be found.

I asked the woman at the issue desk and I got an incredibly rude response that consisted of "Well it's obviously there. You mustn't be looking properly."

:mad:
    Two books I needed were like that yesterday, check when they were last taken out (if its too long ago then they are gone) apparently lots are "going missing". My woman was helpful though.

Two books I needed were like that yesterday, check when they were last taken out apparently lots are "going missing". My woman was helful though.

Yea I think she was getting ready to go home and didn't want the hassle. If it was in the general section I would understand but the short loan is hardly massive and it's not like you bring it out of there without actually borrowing it. Very frustrating. I looked all through the aisle and it wasn't there. Apparently it was returned on the 8th of April.

Oh well.

• Advertisement

My woman was helful though.

I love to know how they find these books. A couple of times I was looking for books, old ones that are only used for a PG business module. No sign on shelf, looked around in case they were out of sequence, still no sign. Ask at info desk and they were last taken out 9 months ago. Fill in request form not hoping for much and voila! Next day they have them. :eek:

How do you find a book that has not been taken out for the last 9 months among all the thousands on books on the shelf in one day????

irlrobins wrote:
    How do you find a book that has not been taken out for the last 9 months among all the thousands on books on the shelf in one day????
    See those labels near the bottom on the spine......

Yea I think she was getting ready to go home and didn't want the hassle. If it was in the general section I would understand but the short loan is hardly massive and it's not like you bring it out of there without actually borrowing it. Very frustrating. I looked all through the aisle and it wasn't there. Apparently it was returned on the 8th of April.

Oh well.
    Both mine were short-loan. They were either stolen or hidden.

See those labels near the bottom on the spine......
    Haha, smart ass! :p
    But seriously, it's not where it should be on the shelf, or any where else on the shelfs nearby. So how do they come across it?

irlrobins wrote:
    Haha, smart ass! :p
    But seriously, it's not where it should be on the shelf, or any where else on the shelfs nearby. So how do they come across it?
    Their position on the shelf relates to firstly their number, secondly the first 3 letters of the authors surname

Their position on the shelf relates to firstly their number, secondly the first 3 letters of the authors surname

I think he means when its not anywhere near the proper shelf and so could be anywhere. For example, if I picked up a history book in the 941 section and on my way to go get them I stop off down at the 820's to look for an English book, I decide I don't want to carry all the books I leave the history book, but instead of going back down to the 900s I just shove it anywhere on the 820s shelf.

Do they go trawling through all the shelves or what?

Oh FFS! I KNOW THAT!

What I'm saying is that the book is not where it should be, has not been taken out, is not in use by anyone and has not been seen since 9 months ago. So how do they come across it amongst all the thousands of books on the shelves. Surely it is too time consuming to go through every shelf looking for a single book. And if that is how they find it, fair fucks to the person who gets that shitty job!

I think he means when its not anywhere near the proper shelf and so could be anywhere. For example, if I picked up a history book in the 941 section and on my way to go get them I stop off down at the 820's to look for an English book, I decide I don't want to carry all the books I leave the history book, but instead of going back down to the 900s I just shove it anywhere on the 820s shelf.

Do they go trawling through all the shelves or what?
    You are ment to leave it on a bench:eek: . That is a horrible thing to do! I am shocked.:eek:

:) I'll assume that you were being figurative.

irlrobins wrote:
    Oh FFS! I KNOW THAT!

What I'm saying is that the book is not where it should be, has not been taken out, is not in use by anyone and has not been seen since 9 months ago. So how do they come across it amongst all the thousands of books on the shelves. Surely it is too time consuming to go through every shelf looking for a single book. And if that is how they find it, fair fucks to the person who gets that shitty job!
    All I can say is that when I find a book that is clearly out of place, I remove it and put it on a sorting bench. I guess other people do too.

• Advertisement

:) I'll assume that you were being figurative.

Heh, but of course. Point still stands though. People definitely do it. So someone in the library must have to go looking. That would indeed suck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement