Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

put it on a sorting bench.

What is this magical sorting bench you speak of *Intrigued* :p
    I can see it now, a librarian posting on the Woo hoo thread: "Woot!!! I found three missing books at work. Today was a good day!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i've been known to move stuff back to its proper place in the library. found a bunch of 821 books in the 821IR section the other week and brought them back to where they were supposed to be with a lot of righteous indignation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    i've been known to move stuff back to its proper place in the library. found a bunch of 821 books in the 821IR section the other week and brought them back to where they were supposed to be with a lot of righteous indignation.

LAME

scop wrote:
    LAME
    when i was a kid i wanted to be a librarian when i grew up. all those books, all that organising..

anyway i'm not lame. you're lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Is it strange that I have no idea of the sections in the library? Then again I have actually only been in there twice in three years, and have no idea where the books for my course are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blowfish wrote:
    Is it strange that I have no idea of the sections in the library? Then again I have actually only been in there twice in three years, and have no idea where the books for my course are

Hehe, a friend of mine asked me yesterday if I had any idea where the men's toilets are in the library. Its his final year and hes been in the library a fair bit over the past 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I think that was really nice Rain On, I'd do the same thing.

I'm convinced the 829 section doesn't exist, spend half an hour looking for it last night....found 828, found 830....it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I have no idea where the books for my course are either... go having all my notes online :)

rain on wrote:
    when i was a kid i wanted to be a librarian when i grew up. all those books, all that organising..

Hmm, sounds like the kind of job which would be like a giant puzzle you could never finish. Plus sometimes I find books from yonder sections and get the urge to do the same but alas I am a lazy bugger whose conscience died a slow death a few years back so I walk on by hoping that kharma dosent get me on the elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I've done that job! Granted, it was only in Navan Library which doesn't have nearly the same quantity but I've done it!

• Advertisement

Heh, is it really sad that Librarian is kind of one of my goals at the moment. I'd love it....(while I save for my bookshop)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Heh, is it really sad that Librarian is kind of one of my goals at the moment. I'd love it....(while I save for my bookshop)
    Isn't being around books so relaxing?:)
    I'd love to own a bookshop. The order, the hunt for the right books....heaven.

Scop was right we are lame:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've always thought a job with books would be really relaxing. Preferably librarianship.

Scop was right we are lame:(

I'm proud to be lame. hehe we're far too happy in this thread!

I shall bítch about.....ESSAYS (again, yes I know!)

They suck.

That is all!

You can't moan too much about essays, they drain me of my sleep! Gaah, I know I'm going to be up all night at this rate :eek:

Hermione* wrote:
    You can't moan too much about essays, they drain me of my sleep! Gaah, I know I'm going to be up all night at this rate :eek:

Oh me too. You doing the Irish Experience one? It's actually not too bad, but I'm trying to get all the stuff together and get a few more sources.

The joys! \o/

LOL, yep ... at the last minute. Spent most of today writing a research proposal at even shorter notice, had to miss all my lectures even though I was actually in UCD :rolleyes:

Bookshop sounds romantic but the reality is most likely Hodges and Figgis surrounded by pop culture books on giving up smoking and the Atkins diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grrrr @ ripwave. (yeah, yeah, you were all right). It wont let me check my email. Boo frickin' urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

OT... I have 14 pages of font size 10 shorthand notes from last night's Council to flesh out, as well as not yet having started study AT ALL for the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

elmyra wrote:
    Grrrr @ ripwave. (yeah, yeah, you were all right). It wont let me check my email. Boo frickin' urns.
    Well if it's letting you post on boards no reason why it won't let u check ur mail. PM me with more details (error messages, what address you are trying to access, how you're accessing it, etc) and I'll help fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rain on wrote:

My Mum used to work in the library. She hated it. Really hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pythia wrote:
    I think she was projecting her deep seated resentment of you and your constant disappointments onto her job. Poor job, never deserved such bitterness.

Pythia wrote:

in ucd library? why'd she hate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rain on wrote:
    in ucd library? why'd she hate it?

Horribly monotonous and didn't like the other people working there I think. Pay wasn't great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Pythia wrote:
    Horribly monotonous and didn't like the other people working there I think. Pay wasn't great either.
    I would have thought it tranquil

Pythia wrote:
    fair enough yeah. to be honest i wouldn't like to do any job where i had to deal with students on a regular basis.

Pythia wrote:

Depends on the position tbh. I know a few librarians who are on pretty good money. They aren't just on the issue desks though. There's a lot more admin type stuff.

Also depends massively on the person.

My bítch this time shall be........oh yes, essays again.

Still nowhere near done. Definitely going to be an all-nighter.

My bítch this time shall be........oh yes, essays again.

Still nowhere near done. Definitely going to be an all-nighter.

Too p***ed off with typing to do anymore than necessary, so b*tch moan rant, what Steph said.

Actually sorry to go o/t Steph, but do you know what hour our deadline is at tomorrow? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah but ya can hand it in early apparently.

Sure boneless handed his in today. I'm gonna be in bright and early, around 12-ish, to hand mine in. Just printed it off now. Mmmm...
    ... I love the smell of freshly printed essay in the evening - smells like... ballsology.

But screw it, means I only hav 2 left - which are my b*tch/moan/gripe for the next week at least. Haven't started either of the f**kers.

So... A propos of nothing, does anyone have any ideas as to how, when and why Neutrality as a guiding principle of Irish foreign policy changed between 1939 and 1973? Hmmm? Anyone?

Useless barstards...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement