Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Blush_01 wrote:
    I really feel for true urbanites. The true joys of rurality and they can't appreciate them. ;)

There are people, humans and so on and then, well then there is bogsavages.

Word :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I hate to interrupt Blush putting cows on a pedestal, and everyone else tipping them but I have a gripe. I had a very deep and important epiphany half an hour ago and i've forgotten it. I meant to write it down but I went to watch tv......
    It wasn't groundbreaking but it was interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You spelt "pedestal" wrong.

That'll do as my first gripe of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm tired, and I've just remembered that I've forgotten to put Tomato Torrent on to continue downloading the episode of The L Word that I'm waiting on... :(
    Also the Circle of Friends thingy crashes Firefox for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i wanna see scraggs' haircut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'm tired, and I've just remembered that I've forgotten to put Tomato Torrent on to continue downloading the episode of The L Word that I'm waiting on... :(
    Also the Circle of Friends thingy crashes Firefox for me :(
    tut tut, naughty girl.

My suppliers of similar quality goods are drying up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I keep waking up really early after I've been drinking the night before!!! :mad: I only went asleep like 3 hours ago, why won't you let me stay in bed!?!?! :(

I think it's dehydration... grrg.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Circle of friends works ok for me on firefox 1.5 with Blackdown JVM on Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Umaro wrote:
    i wanna see scraggs' haircut!
    The cuts not bad really..its the colour..its just so verrrrrry blonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Blush_01 wrote:
    The Ploughing Championships (or Ploughing Match as it is more commonly known) is the best craic you can ever have in a pair of wellies - the real ones that have nothing to do with Lulu Guinness or the other designers who charge €90 for rubber boots that don't even have steel toe-caps. Full of free stuff (especially pens, stickers, badges and tie-pins), fairground rides, bumping into relatives and neighbours that you'd never otherwise meet, cheap stuff, mud, "celebrities" promoting things... Scraggs, do you think they'll ever understand the joys?

I had my first garlic mushrooms at the Ploughing Match. They cost £2 and there was a huge tub of them. Myself and my mammy shared them and they were the best garlic mushrooms I ever tasted.

The best fun you can have in a pair of wellies involves a sheep, a cliff and Levis 501's... although I prefer using combat boots to wellies. You can use the laces to pull the sheeps head back to kiss it.

I know... I'm sick, but there you are!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Thanks for that,

I'm so tired today, it's not fair, i slept well last night, I refuse to accept that feeling ****e for two days for going out on friday night is fair.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The Sale of Goods Act 1893 just cannot rate against this weather. I think I might have to call it a day! Especially seeing as everyone else is at the match, and I'm stuck in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The Sale of Goods Act 1893 just cannot rate against this weather. I think I might have to call it a day! Especially seeing as everyone else is at the match, and I'm stuck in the library.

That's JC stuff, goods must be of merchantable quality, conform to sample, fit for purpose, as described. There now ya know it, I demand you leave the library on the gorgeous day*

*while not being responsible for any adverse effects caused to your marks

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

elmyra wrote:
    That's JC stuff, goods must be of merchantable quality, conform to sample, fit for purpose, as described. There now ya know it, I demand you leave the library on the gorgeous day*

Heh, wrong Sale of Goods Act!

This one has a little bit more to it.

elmyra wrote:

Nah, you're thinking of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1980. Completely different.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it seems relatively logical.

Relative to the usual cr*p I come out with.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Nah, you're thinking of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1980. Completely different.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but it seems relatively logical.

Relative to the usual cr*p I come out with.

What about the 'Misuse of Tools Act 1925' and the 'Crazy Woman with a Gun Act' of 1974? WELL???

Or my favourite; 'The "boneless" Should Be Let Do What He Wants Act 2006'. It's getting its first reading in my back bedroom wardrobe today.

boneless wrote:
    Or my favourite; 'The "boneless" Should Be Let Do What He Wants Act 2006'. It's getting its first reading in my back bedroom wardrobe today.
    Hmmm... Sounds at least as legal and binding as the 1916 Proclamation, so in about 90 years there should be an Irish Defence Force march going past your bedroom wardrobe. You should be very proud.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Hmmm... Sounds at least as legal and binding as the 1916 Proclamation, so in about 90 years there should be an Irish Defence Force march going past your bedroom wardrobe. You should be very proud.

*wipes little tear of pride from his eye...*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Don't forget the Consumer Information Act of 1978, that other staple of JC Business! :)

Don't forget the Consumer Information Act of 1978, that other staple of JC Business! :)

Nah, my favourite was Balance sheets, man the buzz when the two columns matched up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

OT...

Leinster didn't just lose, they were really quite below par. Didn't even get to see the match, being navigating the Dublin Bus network from about twenty minutes into the first half. However, related woohoo: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51256313&postcount=464

(looping posts, woot!...)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*grumblegrumblegrumble*Data Structures practical, due at 10am, have barely started it despite having 2 weeks to do it*grumblegrumblegrumble*

I'm bored and no ones online and i'll have to do my essay if I don't get entertainment pronto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ARRRGGHHHH.... Boards is so ****ing slow tonight!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

not having any probs myself.....

I'm in a really really bad humour cos everything's really crap and I hate it. The most annoying thing currently is that the paper thin walls in this house are not keeping out the sound of my rather loud housemates. I WANT TO SLEEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irlrobins wrote:
    not having any probs myself.....
    Ditto, running fairly fast for once.

I miss panda

Free the panda 1 [hundred]

and grimes too but I cant think of decent slogan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Scraggs wrote:
    I miss panda

Free the panda 1 [hundred]

and grimes too but I cant think of decent slogan!

Uhmmm just so you know, panda asked to stay banned so she could get some study done.

As for Grimes......lollers. That one's up to Truckle and I seriously can't see him getting back in until the week is up.

• Advertisement

Heh, I'd forgotten that they were banned.
    I was wondering why it was so peaceful around here!:D

[suckup]Doing an excellent job, moderators[/suckup]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement