Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

oh and couldn't get a seat in the library today, well certainly not near a socket, tried getting someone else to keep an eye out for me but no reply, goddamn library snobs:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

humbert wrote:
    oh and couldn't get a seat in the library today, well certainly not near a socket, tried getting someone else to keep an eye out for me but no reply, goddamn library snobs:p
    Why don't you pop over to CSI? I'm here now, and in this lab there are 20-30 free machines, If you want a socket just unplug one of them, it's what I end up doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i can't believe that people in the library - and this is the postgrad section of the library so people have degrees - have so much trouble operating a door release switch. i really can't.

Actually in CS now, with peasant computer science friends, not conducive to study though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I know that feeling... I'm in the 4th year lab now, I've got my notes open and I'm trying to do my Unix practical... but so much stuff is distracting!

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    Actually in CS now, with peasant computer science friends, not conducive to study though:o
    True, the fact that quake is on the machines is definitely a distraction.

Oh hells yes. Who's bat****-crazy idea was it to feed Quake to CS students? It's one guaranteed way to do no work if on a college computer... (also why I haven't installed any games on my laptop!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Which machines is Quake on?! :eek:

My moan for the day: I finished at like 2.30 and I've been on the computer since I got home, doing no work :( Have to get started on my philosophy essay... which is due on Friday... boo-urns... :(

I know it's in the 2nd and 3rd year lab machines, through Linux. I don't know if it's on the 1st year lab ones.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

my only gripe currently is

BEGIN;
    DROP FROM threads WHERE text LIKE %LECTURER%;
    COMMIT;

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote:
    my only gripe currently is

BEGIN;
    DROP FROM threads WHERE text LIKE %LECTURER%;
    COMMIT;
    You forgot the not.

[edit] nevermind, I got it wrong and read it as %LIKE LECTURER%

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i take off my SQL hat to you sir!

Taking a break from college work at 23:11, enough said:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Starting college work at 23:13. Also nuff said. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I have nobody to scourge tonight... :(

I'm off to sulk now.

Was only out of the library for eight and a half hours, I wish there were beds on campus:(

Oh and I've a lab interview today, scary, last year it did not go well at all:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Its my birthday and i have been up since half 6 so i cud get into the library!!!

Happy birthday:)
    birthday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Happy birthday Font. Hope you get hugs and what not.

• Advertisement

*rant*
    People not knowing what or where the blob is.
    *end rant*

You have to be told, I spent some time lost walking past it wondering wtf is the blob!

*grumble* Software Engineering project *grumble*
    It's the last big thing hanging over me... I just wish it was over!

Is gmail going ape****e for anyone else, was chatting away with my sis then bada boom, server error, etc:mad:

Gmail working fine for me. Server errors pop up from time to time. It will resolve itself later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I can't believe this - I have an exam at 2pm on May 20th. Munster are playing in their third Heineken Cup final in seven years at 3pm that day, I'm going to miss the entire f***ing thing. This is one of the worst things ever :mad: :mad:
    headshake_tweetz.gif310.gif310.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hermione* wrote:
    Munster are playing in their third Heineken Cuo final in seven years at 3pm that day, I'm going to miss the entire f***ing thing. This is one of the worst things ever :mad: :mad:

Don't write that on your exam sheet or you're screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

humbert wrote:
    Is gmail going ape****e for anyone else, was chatting away with my sis then bada boom, server error, etc:mad:

It's just come back literally in the past couple of minutes but since its server is always ****ed in the ass every 10 minutes I wouldn't be counting my chickens.

grr funking gmail :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

1) my new cleansing wipes have made my face smell like car air freshner. Eww.

2) I've had 5 Capri Sun Tropical's in the past forty minutes, I think I have a problem.

3) I still have only 800 words of my 2,000 word essay that's due tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have a cramp in my knee.

My spring break problem has come back and I may have to spend my study time from next week at home. So much for passing, eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement