Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

they just amuse me to be honest. it must be amazing to live in such a small and perfect world. but sure leave them to it.

hmmm so what do i want to bitch about??

1:my crap timetable
    2:the fact that i chose history last year and am stuck with it now...grrrrr
    3:the ridiculous amount of books to be bought for english
    4:the coffee in the arts cafe....tastes like muck
    5:having tutorials in an office...its not right to sit so close to people i just met ;)
    6:the english departments preoccupation with the canterbury tales.

thats about it for the moment. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

it depends now on how good looking whoever your sitting too close to is i suspect :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Alana wrote:
    I couldn't agree more....people talk about bulldozing things...i prefer the idea of dynamite :D

well it sounds like a plan to me! altho we may need to draft in a few science students to help us the explosives.My only experience with dynamite is throwing fireworks at stuff and watching the A-team.

We can just say were making way for the M50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Superman wrote:
    well it sounds like a plan to me! altho we may need to draft in a few science students to help us the explosives.My only experience with dynamite is throwing fireworks at stuff and watching the A-team.

We can just say were making way for the M50!

I'm in arts but spent 3 years doing chemistry in DIT if ya need a hand...
    (or just wanna get wasted...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I want to bitch about what I call crazy lefties. You all know them, they're the people who are obsessed with hating america and always protesting about war and how greddy global corporations are, all the time ignoring the steady erosion of our rights here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i wanna bitch about the science building being so far from the(my) bus terminals

those quinn ppl have the easy life indeed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Gileadi wrote:
    i wanna bitch about the science building being so far from the(my) bus terminals

those quinn ppl have the easy life indeed ;)

Yeah it's a good 5 minutes extra+ what's with the smell in the chemistry building when you walk in in the morning?
    Obviously it's sum chemical smell but what is it? it stinks! :eek:

Superman wrote:
    I agree, he is such a blaeden prick, He recognises me from the events of A21(don't even ask!, ferdi knows)

Seen as how i'm a 1st year i'm going to defy my elders words and ask about the events of A21?
    It's only fair i'm allowed to indulge in UCD folklore! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

tribble wrote:

Your chemical expertise would be much appreciated, and then we can have a hearty celebration in the pub :D

or not get arrested... and get wasted in the pub....

ooo we could get drunk and then blow stuff up . Then claim that we were served dodgey pints(which going by some of the pints i've had recently on campus would be blievabl) or unknowingly drank "magic" pints, or "magic" brownies..and they had strange trippy effects and we weren't responsible for our actions thus avoiding prison..and decimating them,hurrah...

I havent thought about this too much, or gone and researched blue-prints or explosive techniques or anything......

eh.... :D

ah i love them really just think of how boring college would be without their..amusing presence...(feel free to insert annoying, painful, cringe worthy, or any other such adj where you wish)there wouldnt be as much color(pinks, oompa lumpa orange and peroxide yellow)they take away from the doom and gloom of the stark cold grey concrete, and we'd have so little to moan about...

na feck it prefer my first idea.

tribble bring the explosives i'll bring the booze, it can be our hallowe'en contribution to UCD, ;) firworks and bonfire :p

hehehehe

tribble wrote:

Sounds goods, meet you at the batcave!

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote:
    Seen as how i'm a 1st year i'm going to defy my elders words and ask about the events of A21?
    It's only fair i'm allowed to indulge in UCD folklore! :D

A21* is a close knit cell of friends bound by there extreme hate of UCD services, we are and underground guerrila movement. A21 stands for August 21st ,The day services caused great stress and much anguish. Only true members of A21 know what really happened on that faithful day, well.. i'd tell ya but its a long story.

If you are every in trouble A21 a line, you will find us very helpful.

A21 - fighting for a free campus

* = A21 are not affiliated with any political party or movement

Well i'm listening, you can give me the "he's an outsider" version
    i'm sure other forum members are interested too!! *cough* support *cough*
    Besides it could help raise awareness of A21 and what you stand for ;)

Or PM to keep it on the DL!

pm sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

A21 for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Alana wrote:
    or not get arrested... and get wasted in the pub....
    tribble bring the explosives i'll bring the booze, it can be our hallowe'en contribution to UCD, ;) firworks and bonfire :p

hehehehe
    Superman wrote:
    Sounds goods, meet you at the batcave!

Dinnina Dinnina Dinnina Dinnina De!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

One thing I want to bitch about is those 'Sexism' people. (I put it in quotes because it's not really sexism.) They are the people (women mainly) who have complained about the fact that a poster has some tits on it. They have been indoctrinated in the 'I'm a victim' cult, where they think they have/are being opressed by straight men and they are trained to see opression and victimhood everywhere.

They walk along campus and see a poster with some cleavage. Their philosophy states that men don't really have a sexuality (like the victorians thought with women) so they think that the poster must be aimed at them or women in general. Due to their obsessive compulsive victimhood they are convinced that this must be some part of the grand conspiracy that all men have to opress all women (which they are convinced exists). So it must be sexist, since it's a tool to opress women, not really a way to advertise to us men who brains have evolved to notice women's bodies.

They 'want to create a safe space' which basically means they want everything to be just they way they like it. They don't want to live in the real world where not everyone is the same, where people have different interests, different tastes that you may not be interested in. In the real world you somethings have to say 'I don't live that, but you're not forcing me to do it, and you like it, so do what you want'. They don't want to do that, they don't want to grow up.

Yet these are the same people who will use posters of men about to kiss, and will throw a hissy fit if you should pictures of straight people about to kiss, or engaged in some sexual act. If you complain about their posters for using men as objects you will be branded a bigoted pig and they will compare you to Hitler.

They claim they are fighting (it's always a fight against the grand conspiracy that us evil straight white men are part of) for womens rights, yet the want to cover women up, like in saudi arabia or iran, which have the worst human rights when it comes to women. They seem to be saying that women should have a place in life, a place where they can't show off their bodies. The woman's place in the 21st centuary, not far from the woman's place in the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Right I have to bitch about the absolutely terrible computers in the 4th year elec project lab in the engineering building. They are absolutely impossible to work with - can't download any programmes properly, routinely switch themselves off for no reason - mine won't even let me log in under my normal user name! Then every now and again a blue screen comes up telling me its dumping memory - which worries me slightly :confused: I'm trying to run a program on a CD at the moment, but I keep getting "unknown errors". It's annoying cos its something that would be handy for our project too.
    /* rant over */

that feels better! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

The worst thing about this place is the long queues for sandwiches (if you time it wrong). Oh and students cluttering up campus ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having lots of problem sheets due at the same time...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Sarn wrote:
    The worst thing about this place is the long queues for sandwiches (if you time it wrong).

God damn kids wanting to eat, where do they get off?

ok most likely the 10 stop but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

I would like to complain about the Nerd cave.

Why, on my brief visits into that cheesy dungeon do the denizens wish to project their conversations to all and sundry? My last time there, 4 unabashed nerds, who, in their enthusiasm for their geekish internet quiz (how gay are you or some similar masterpiece), would loudly, and indeed proudly exclaim the minute details of their findings to the rest of the room.

Their shameless generosity as regards public enlightenment nonwithstanding, how could they figure that I or anyone else was at least remotly interested?

Furthermore, these frequent exhortations, were made in a contrived american accent. Is there some Phenomena that causes an elongation of vowels in this particular area of space? Or is a vain attempt at acceptance by the outcast, mimicking "popular culture"? Or maybe they are american? They are bollocks

And although you may consider that room to be the inner sanctum of geekery,i do not feel priveleged to be there nor do I care what you think. It is a public place, keep it to yourself. God knows some of us may have work to do.

Syth wrote:
    One thing I want to bitch about is those 'Sexism' people. (I put it in quotes because it's not really sexism.) They are the people (women mainly) who have complained about the fact that a poster has some tits on it. They have been indoctrinated in the 'I'm a victim' cult, where they think they have/are ...../snip! ....19th.

I dont what UCD you go to, but in my experience sexist advertising in college has been blatent and shameless.

But hey it gives the useless folks in Ln'H and Cn'E the pretence of having a society which does something other than get pissed, and haven a debate or two.

And i find it hard to decipher the rest of you frankly rambling post. It was something about owls, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I have more good things than bad to say about the place. But things that piss me off are.

1. That guy in the Library who goes around in a suit telling people to be quiet, i mean we`re adults ffs

2. The fact that certain clubs dont give you nearly enough notice when theres a weekend away, some people do have to book time off work y`know.

3. The Young PDs.

Otherwise im having a great time, over the last few weeks ive made lots of new friends and have gotten to no some of the coolest people you`d ever meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Three's a good number so I'll say three more things I dislike about the place:

1.The ridiculous prices.The Arts cafe must be raking in the dough but the restaurant is just as bad.Why must I be charged extra just for having three rashers instead of two?!Did we lose a war?!

2.Dubliners(mostly from D4)using the word "craic".Look you can't pull it off the way country people do so stop using it! :p

3.The fake tan brigade.Yes they are in abundance in Arts. :) I mean do you really need to look tanned in October? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The main problem is a severe lack of Northsiders, everyones from the bleedin' country or D4 :D

And superman, any chance you could send us a PM about A21, sounds interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yep, count me in on the A21 incident too..

A21 are planning somethion B-I-G, so watch out!

Yeah the D4 'eds!, now i'm not talking about actual people from D4, plenty of them are grand, i'm talking abou the general upper middle class swine ,Cough!**protestant ascendancy class**cough!* that prance about talking about how they are going to school-disco in annabels and how they really want to score James.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Waestrel wrote:
    I would like to complain about the Nerd cave.
    Shove it up your arse. NEXT! ;)
    Messing apart though that's the way they have always been and I never really minded it when I was in the Bear Cave with them in 1st and 2nd year ( I now use the computer science labs all the time the computers in the Nerd Cave are crap )

Bear Cave

what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Waestrel wrote:
    what?
    They feed them to the Nerds. To keep them happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement