Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Havn't a clue what ur on bout FireSpinner - i saw u down at the forum other day right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Havn't a clue what ur on bout FireSpinner - i saw u down at the forum other day right?
    Which forum???
    JK Possible, I saw many people that time. What did we speak about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

At the forum bar on friday, i was there with gav for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

My little Quazimodos not doin his job - I here no bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

So there I was...all ready to start the serious study today...books, notes, everything all sorted out and just ready to be used. Room cleaned from top to bottom (I can't study in mess). Then I oversleep and wake up with a pounding headache and feel like crap. God damn it a week before the exams. This can't be happening!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think there's a ghost in my room - my TV just turned itself off and I'm sitting at my PC. :eek:

Its sebs hair coming back to haunt you...........like in the simpsons episode
    simpsons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

911 sucks, how the hell were they chosen over other bids, there had to have been other bids, non-fastfood bids, **** food, greasy food, **** all food, high prices, can anyone tell me where's good over the weekend, I could explore myself but I'm lazy and have to study, mostly lazy:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Because obviously Gary Moss has been given nice car/watch/golf membership courtesey of 911.

Donno who that is but there had to be some such reason. If only the students could unite in to some sort of organisation that could do something about that sort of thing, oh well, no time soon I guess.

He's the commercial manager of UCD, under his express direction:

- The science canteen was closed/scaled back.
    - The main restaurant has been increasing prices with no check/threat from the commercial office.
    - The campus bookshop has perpetuated its ripoff practices.
    - The SU bookshop has been expressly disallowed from selling new books.
    - He refused to do anything about the (then) appaling quality/variety of food in ET.
    - He would have been the deciding force in getting rid of O'Briens in the student centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

In their defence, many an evening has ended up there during the week when it's open 24 hours... :D

Handy local shop...

Tis next door to my house, sooo handy!

Waltons, that's terrible. But go your g/f, nice one!

My rant: food in college sucks. It's a week til the exams, college is packed and there's nowhere open selling proper food. :( I have a huge dislike of crap food, I like things to be good for me (90% of the time ;)) ... why does ucd hate healthy food so much? I just know I'll end up getting nasty 911 later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I live with pure evil and right at this moment I'd rather commute from Wicklow every day of the week than live with them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hermione* wrote:
    Tis next door to my house, sooo handy!

Waltons, that's terrible. But go your g/f, nice one!

My rant: food in college sucks. It's a week til the exams, college is packed and there's nowhere open selling proper food. :( I have a huge dislike of crap food, I like things to be good for me (90% of the time ;)) ... why does ucd hate healthy food so much? I just know I'll end up getting nasty 911 later :rolleyes:

You must be loike totally focking loaded to live there then.

911 was probably served in reeducation camps in Siberia under Stalin. would also fit 911's architeture too!

Red Alert wrote:
    He's the commercial manager of UCD, under his express direction:

- The science canteen was closed/scaled back.
    - The main restaurant has been increasing prices with no check/threat from the commercial office.
    - The campus bookshop has perpetuated its ripoff practices.
    - The SU bookshop has been expressly disallowed from selling new books.
    - He refused to do anything about the (then) appaling quality/variety of food in ET.
    - He would have been the deciding force in getting rid of O'Briens in the student centre.

I hope bad things happen to this guy.

You must be loike totally focking loaded to live there then.

I rent ;) Although admittedly, my parents are nice/ generous/ misguided enough to pay the rent for me!

Ah. I'm a local. :p

Does that mean you live in that apartment complex opposite Vincents?

Nope, a proper house .... what apartments opposite vincents?

To keep this on topic, my sisters have run me to say they're having a great time together in Donegal while one visists the other, and my sister that's visiting has been kind enough to tell me I wouldn't believe how big are niece and nephew are now. :( Of course I wouldn't believe it, I haven't managed to get the time to visit the family in Donegal in about twelve months. Ugh. So happy for them all. :( Why did my older sister think it'd be great to live in Donegal, miles away from the rest of the family? Admittedly it's beautiful, much cheaper than Dublin, about forty minutes from Derry, but now she's miles away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Hermione* wrote:
    I rent ;) Although admittedly, my parents are nice/ generous/ misguided enough to pay the rent for me!

Can I live under your stairs/bed/in your wardrobe?

Hermione* wrote:
    Nope, a proper house .... what apartments opposite vincents?

To keep this on topic, my sisters have run me to say they're having a great time together in Donegal while one visists the other, and my sister that's visiting has been kind enough to tell me I wouldn't believe how big are niece and nephew are now. :( Of course I wouldn't believe it, I haven't managed to get the time to visit the family in Donegal in about twelve months. Ugh. So happy for them all. :( Why did my older sister think it'd be great to live in Donegal, miles away from the rest of the family? Admittedly it's beautiful, much cheaper than Dublin, about forty minutes from Derry, but now she's miles away!

There's some apartments on Nutley right beside the Merrion.

On topic - exams -> study = lack of study = me being mildly worried

• Advertisement

boneless wrote:
    Can I live under your stairs/bed/in your wardrobe?

My parents only pay the rent for my room Enda! And although we do have rooms for rent atm, we're not renting the space under my bed/ stairs/ in my wardrobe!

Rant - have horrible cold! In May! Damned love life improvements and germ ridden boyfriends! :(

Hermione* wrote:
    and germ ridden boyfriends! :(
    Well he does go to trinity;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

oh christ my f'n back. never again am i partaking in a human pyramid and then sleeping on the floor. i am in so much pain.

also i think i'm still drunk from last night.

I wonder how hard it would be to order a pizza to the library, 1st floor, near the information desk??

humbert wrote:
    I wonder how hard it would be to order a pizza to the library, 1st floor, near the information desk??

My ex did it once or twice....they come out to UCD all the time

panda100 wrote:
    Well he does go to trinity;)

There's always a catch, isn't there?! :rolleyes:

It's tempting but it's more for people who live on campus, in my situation it will inevitably involve me waiting around somewhere like a tool for ages, I just don't know what to do, not going back into 911:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Hermione* wrote:
    My parents only pay the rent for my room Enda! And although we do have rooms for rent atm, we're not renting the space under my bed/ stairs/ in my wardrobe!

Rant - have horrible cold! In May! Damned love life improvements and germ ridden boyfriends! :(

Ah well... *shuffles off bact to the orange box on the side of the motorway...*

You sure you aint got hay fever??

Well since he's also complaining about a cold we reckon most likely he gave it me ... some guys are so generous like that. :rolleyes:

Edit: also since I lived surrounded by farms for a substanitial period of my life, I'm pretty sure I don't get hayfever. At least I never have befoe. Although the two sisters living it up in Donegal atm (please see earlier rant) used to get it really badly, and couldn't understand the unfairness of life that I didn't :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i like 911 :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement