Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Umaro wrote:
    i like 911 :(

I have tablets I can share with you... :D I'm a bit crazy too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ok, sickness = BAD!

still coughing, nose is in bits, and the worst thing in the world: my left index finger is infected and swollen!!! :eek: So sore!!! Was bathing it in salty hot water, but hasn't really helped. grrg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

What were you doing??? scrach that*, I dont want to know.

*no pun intended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Back at home which means I have to start cramming.....*weeps*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Feckin missed the bus coz my stupid Dad forgot about me and went to Tescos.
    Why do people love supermarkets more than me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Too much work, too little time...
    Exams start in 11 days for me and I haven't started studying. :eek:
    And I had 3 different ****head customers scream at me in work today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

what did they scream about . tell em to go fu ck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

One woman screamed at me because I wouldn't give her a refund on a game she got her kid for Christmas, someone else screamed at me because I wouldn't serve a 12 year old an 18-rated game (The Godfather, which is sh!te anyway), and the last one screamed at me because he thought there was a tiny scratch on his disc when the disc was actually perfect... and it was a preowned game anyway.
    People make my brain hurt. :(

I'd tell them to get stuffed. I have told people to get stuffed in work before. Its one of the joys of being a manager.Or somtimes I just walk away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

They locked the arts block at 5 today! I had about a million books with me that I had to carry home because I couldn't dump them in my locker!

Argh, I hate this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Everyones in a pissy humour with me and I cant do anything about it

Scraggs wrote:

Im not in a pissy mood with you! Im just in a mood in general

Scraggs wrote:

wanna visit from Doctor Love??? Or the Phantom Kisser??

boneless wrote:
    wanna visit from Doctor Love??? Or the Phantom Kisser??

yes please

Grimes wrote:
    yes please

No, Graham... Mister Spanky visits you... you should remember that, now he's angry...

boneless wrote:
    No, Graham... Mister Spanky visits you... you should remember that, now he's angry...

Ill kiss him better

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've just copped that i've only 10 days to exams... shivers/shudders/groans!

Red Alert wrote:
    I've just copped that i've only 10 days to exams... shivers/shudders/groans!

Grimes will kiss it better....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Wow, this thread is now highly disturbing :p

also, just read the last page with posts re: me - I'm hurt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Scraggs wrote:

I'm afraid it's in my nature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well Scraggs, we all think you're great.

I have to relate this, because I'm still shocked by it. Here goes!

I was in town on Saturday after work, so I decided to wander around Henry Street. I popped into Boots with a big bag of stuff in my hands, and as you know the aisles in that shop are tiny, making two people passing eachother very difficult, without a ton of shopping. An elderly-ish man was coming up the aisle towards me, so I backed out of his way and smiled at him as he passed. He said hello as he passed by. All good so far.
    I continued down the aisle after he had passed me and was looking at something trivial when he came back and apologised for interrupting me and actually said (direct quote) "I just wanted to thank you for giving me that beautiful smile. It's been more than a year since anyone has smiled at me." I was flabbergasted. I muttered some nonsense at him and we wished eachother a nice weekend. I felt sorry that I could think of nothing better to say to him than whatever crap I mumbled, but I was really shocked.
    What the hell is happening to the world when we have more leisure time than ever before, and yet we can't even take the time to smile as we pass eachother by? What is wrong with us that we're so wrapped up in our own lives that we don't even acknowledge the existence of those outside of our own little sphere? That guy seemed genuinely shocked that someone else had acknowledged his existence. How is it that we, formerly known as one of the friendliest nations in the world, have become so detatched and insular that we're allowing people to feel like nobody knows they're there? Do me a favour, everyone who reads this, please. Tomorrow, smile at a stranger - a genuine stranger who you may never meet again, not someone who you know by sight and are therefore more comfortable acknowledging. Who cares if they think you're weird - you might just make a small difference to someone who feels lost or lonely. It'll cost you nothing, and they might even pass that smile on.

Second-hand smiles are good for you, you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

im going to find it hard to stay off drink for the next couple of weeks...................looks for golden pages to find nearest AA meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Drink 750ml of Baileys, followed by 750ml of vodka. That should solve that problem.

Just keep a bucket handy.

And lots of air freshner.

Blush_01 wrote:
    Drink 750ml of Baileys, followed by 750ml of vodka. That should solve that problem.

I could drink that for breakfast. And then do an exam. Mind you it wouldn't be a very good exam and id probably try and take off my clothes and hump the person beside me before screaming "behold you new god" to 1000 people while pointing at my penis .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My rant: Its late, I'm still online, I'm sick of reading crappy threads about the SU, I have to be up early tomorrow and go into that shíthole of a library and my exams start in a week.

Oh joy of joys that is UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The scary dude (if anyone remembers him from the Dr. Cox thingy by LawSoc...) has just sat down beside me. I am completely and irrationally petrified, he scares the bejesus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Freak!!!! Yea i remember him..... so so strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

He just dumped his stuff and left. *fears his return* Man if this wasn't such a lovely place to sit I'd actually move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

&#231 wrote: »
    Wow, this thread is now highly disturbing :p

also, just read the last page with posts re: me - I'm hurt :(

The bit where boneless requests sleeping space in my wardrobe or under my bed has to bethe most disturbing imo. :eek:

Blush, your story made me so sad, that seems so wrong! FFS, it doesn't even take time to smile at people! Admittedly I am one of those people who go about smiling in general anyway (please see sig! ;)), but especially when I encounter old people cos I always feel bad that if they live alone, they probably don't have much interaction with other people. It's just not right that that poor man felt obliged to thank you for a smile cos they're so rare. :( :mad:

• Advertisement

Elmyra is that the jock with the imac or ipod laptop or whatever that white mac waste of space thing is anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement