Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Nope, not a jock. He was the guy who asked John C. McGinley if he could come closer or something to ask his question during the Q&A. Well weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Havent even left home yet! :(

How packed is the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

pretty packed, there's seats just none near sockets:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

*hugs study room with 4 sockets*

I hope there's a lightening strike*goes off to physics to see if this is possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

It was very busy yesterday, so I'd imagine it's full by now Steph :eek: TBH, I was really surprised there were so many poeple in yesterday. I'm on a pc since 9.30 reading blackboard notes on Northern Ireland. I'm staying out of the library til it calms down around 4/5 ... God knows I've enough Blackboard stuff to read :rolleyes:

Edit: Just read the other posts ... amazed it's not full by now. But there was so much noise yesterday, it was so hard to get anything done. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

elmyra wrote:
    The scary dude (if anyone remembers him from the Dr. Cox thingy by LawSoc...) has just sat down beside me. I am completely and irrationally petrified, he scares the bejesus out of me.

There is someone WORSE than me???

Yes. Dear God yes. Actually there's three people, but only three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

elmyra wrote:
    Yes. Dear God yes. Actually there's three people, but only three.
    You mean there's a scale? And boneless is only FOURTH on it?!:eek:

elmyra, you must promise me that you will never, ever, introduce me to the 3 psychos who are above enda on the list!

SebtheBum wrote:
    You mean there's a scale? And boneless is only FOURTH on it?!:eek:

elmyra, you must promise me that you will never, ever, introduce me to the 3 psychos who are above enda on the list!

Well, you know one of them :D , but I promise not to introduce you to the rest. Enda's quite mild really (I'm sure he'll see that comment as some sort of challenge...)

• Advertisement

He's a big cuddly teddy bear.

And that description is in no way creepy, I sincere hope not anyway!:D

And yeah, I might know one of them. (Screw it, I might BE one of them!:o :) )

SebtheBum wrote:
    He's a big cuddly teddy bear.

And that description is in no way creepy, I sincere hope not anyway!:D

And yeah, I might know one of them. (Screw it, I might BE one of them!:o :) )

Of course it's not you! The scale is of people who creep me out, you don't creep me out! :eek: You're lovely :) Enda doesn't really creep me out either though....I'm still finding it very difficult to think of him as a teddy. He reminds me more of Action Man. :D

Action Man? An odd comparison, but an understandable one, certainly... Especially given all the equipment he lugs about the place with him (and no, that is not a euphemism, you dirty-minded blighters - I'm talking about the cuffs, stethoscope etc)...

Plus he used to wear that badge of the "VX International Brigade 1936-2006", which he gave to me as a pressie (and which I'm awfully proud of, I must say).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bizzarly one of my nicknames in secondary school was action man. It was definitely a lot better than any of the nerdy ones.

Blowfish wrote:
    Bizzarly one of my nicknames in secondary school was action man. It was definitely a lot better than any of the nerdy ones.
    Haha, that's only because they caught u wearing blue y fronts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irlrobins wrote:
    Haha, that's only because they caught u wearing blue y fronts! :D
    No! My secret is out! I think the fact that I was wearing trousers underneath the y fronts really did it though.

It's very funny, in the lecture theater I'm in in science the lights go on when someone stands infront of the podium then stay on for about the length of a lecture, when I came in everyone was sitting in the dark, well gloom, so I went down to investigate and they come on! Now every 40 mins or so someone has to go down and walk in front of the podium, very funny:)
    On the down side it's kinda cold, I wish I'd worn more than a T-shirt:(

If you ask services they can bypass the timer so lights stay on all the time.

I'm surprised it's that complicated, think I'll just leave it the way it is, it is funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've just been on a 4-hour coding blitz... My brain hurts and I'm in need of caffeine and chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Finished the new Harry Potter at 04:30 in the morning last night (How does she do that? Even Stephen King can't keep me past half one). Those of you that read it know why its a Moan.:(
    How can I be troubled by current events in a fictional world?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

If we're talking about HP6, I've re-read it a number of times in the last year, and I'm only now reaching the stage where I don't cry at the end. 'Spose it didn't help that I read the book for the first time when a member of my family was critically ill, but you'd think a year on I'd have stopped crying over fiction :rolleyes: What happens is just too sad. JK Rowling's just too good at what she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Harry is a horcrux.

You heard it (guessed) here first!

Harry is a horcrux.

You heard it (guessed) here first!

THAT'S MY THEORY!!

Were we talking about Harry Potter??! Did I tell you that??! :confused:

elmyra wrote:
    THAT'S MY THEORY!!

Were we talking about Harry Potter??! Did I tell you that??! :confused:
    No, it's just my theory too! Weirdness... although now it MUST be true!

No, it's just my theory too! Weirdness... although now it MUST be true!

Yeah I had this whole theory that that was why he was a parceltongue and all...because part of Voldemort is within him, and then that's why one must die or whatever...cos as long as Harry lives part of Voldemort survives....that's why I think Harry's gonna die in the last book, and I figure that's why he hasn't died...because it's all a show with Voldemort who actually needs him to survive.

Oh did you work out who RB is? Has to be Sirius' brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

has harry been laid yet? he's like, 35 by now isn't he? does his wife know that he still dresses up like a wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

That doesn't make any sense - he tried to kill Harry.

elmyra wrote:
    Yeah I had this whole theory that that was why he was a parceltongue and all...because part of Voldemort is within him, and then that's why one must die or whatever...cos as long as Harry lives part of Voldemort survives....that's why I think Harry's gonna die in the last book, and I figure that's why he hasn't died...because it's all a show with Voldemort who actually needs him to survive.

Oh did you work out who RB is? Has to be Sirius' brother.
    Ex-act-ly. Bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sorry to interupt this but boohoo
    Librocops making us leave
    boo him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement