Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They survive on the blood of the weak...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

1. That guy in the Library who goes around in a suit telling people to be quiet, i mean we`re adults ffs

Adults who can't shut up!!
    2. The fact that certain clubs dont give you nearly enough notice when theres a weekend away, some people do have to book time off work y`know.

You work? You mean Daddy didn't pay for you? ;) Bring this up at the clubs next agm. Begin your statement with "it was a sunny day in late october...", make sure to use phrases like "for the good of society", "bring into harm's way", "explosive diarrhea", "that man has a funny nose".
    3. The Young PDs.

Fair enough, no excuse there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Why o why don't they sell stationary in the library???
    If i leave to go down to the shop to buy a pen or something i just know i'll end up in the bar!
    *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

That was strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

What was?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Superman wrote:
    i'm talking abou the general upper middle class swine ,Cough!**protestant ascendancy class**cough!* that prance about

Protestant??? What?

What was?

Reviving a year old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ah here it is...

where were ya when i needed ya!

ok wee bitch..

-oompa loompas
    -rugger buggers [which i believe are actually worse than the oompas coz at least they feckin well stay out of my way grrrr]
    -overpriced restaurant muck
    -services
    -unprintable notes on blackboard
    -9 starts every day

more to follow!

• Advertisement

Haha ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Jaysis, Year old Thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Scraggs wrote:
    -unprintable notes on blackboard

How exactly are they unprintable... i might be able to help you out.

And 9 starts are sadly par for the course in Eng.

8 o clock lectures. "I'm here because im here because im here because im here because im here because.........." (me in 8am lecture).

Apart from that UCDs all good

Ha! What century AM i living in, I meant UCDD, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

8 o'clock starts :eek: dear good man thants just wrong! Oh and Red Alert don't worry, remember just one more year to go! I want to moan about the fact that DCU has no equivalent to all the little student union shops DCU had. They only have one Spar crammed full of people and thats it! And where am I meant to get my lovely homemade scones now? Sniff...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

blondie83 wrote:
    And where am I meant to get my lovely homemade scones now? Sniff...

Mmm... At home? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

8 o clock lectures. "I'm here because im here because im here because im here because im here because.........." (me in 8am lecture).

Apart from that UCDs all good

8 o'clock starts? What are you studying? How to fall asleep in a lecture hall? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*is doing digital systems problem sheet*
    *is FAR too tired to think*
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kas

*shudders* I was liek, reading this thread from post 1 as if it were this years, 'n stuff.

And I was liek...

293226_56750cc208.jpg

WOAH!

But it helped me realise so stuff so that's, liek... cool 'n stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I was the same kas. But know that I realised its now current and stuff I can say that that I dont like:

1: Having to fight tooth and nail to get a new student card because they forgot to send me the re-registration form until a few days after my old card cause out of date and the new card people leave the student centre.

well thats it- I dont think the place is all that bad apart from all the clichés like hating D4 people and all the hating people stuff since I started back I honestly couldnt care less about al the different groups of people roaming the campus. Just get along ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

my main bitch this year is all my lab reports/tutorials due every week, 5-7 of them

also +1/-1 marking in pharmacology mcq's :mad:

other than that i'm fairly happy, nicer timetable this year even though i've more hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

This year I have to do presentations in my English seminars.

There's no way that this can be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I have to do a presentation in my psychology tutorial :( I guess it's not too bad since there's only about 15 people in the class and we're in groups of 3, and it's only for 5 minutes, but still... I've never done a "presentation" :(((((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

tribulus wrote:
    my main bitch this year is all my lab reports/tutorials due every week, 5-7 of them

also +1/-1 marking in pharmacology mcq's :mad:

other than that i'm fairly happy, nicer timetable this year even though i've more hours :)
    This whole negative marking malarky is annoying me too. I just did my first economics test (which was worded quite sloppily) and each right answer was worth 5 while each wrong answer was -5/3. Definitely not as bad as +1/-1, but still :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Inspired by panda's thread which was in turn inspired by a Trinners thread, I have created this thread.

The idea behind it is this: instead of putting all of our happy laughy UCD thoughts in one thread, and having most of what goes on outside that thread be moany/bitchy stuff, we can concentrate all of our negativity into this thread. It should work like that ever-useful "Get it off your Chest" thread in AH.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Why the fcuk is it that the UCD will always make a ham of the pre-exam three-week study break? Last year, they closed Quinn because the floor was stained, because the original builders didn't seal it properly, and they had to "sand it down" and re-seal it.

This year, they're hosting some accounting seminar and it's been closed to students until this week. Now, I wouldn't mind that, but they haven't exactly left us with the greatest alternatives, have they? The freaking law section of the library is impossible to study in with the work going on outside it, and every time I sit with the arts students, I get an STD (jk), so that's out of the question.

Oh and on top of that, they lost my finance exam script. Cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

<insert tokenistic bitch about prices here>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

generally i don't have that much bad to say about ucd, but the fact that the postgrad admin woman in our department decided to take the week off when 20 of us were handing in our MA thesis proposals was poor form, i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    generally i don't have that much bad to say about ucd, but the fact that the postgrad admin woman in our department decided to take the week off when 20 of us were handing in our MA thesis proposals was poor form, i thought.

Very true, and that I am sufficiently anti-social not to notice until its too late makes me glad I smoke outside the Arts block occasional and people send me the news :D

But yeah, English Dept and doing stuff, not a great combo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i got a stupid paper cut this morning on a cd cover and i just got another on my arm whilst trying to read a stupid article in the stupid library!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement