Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yes, yes you can. It can all be explained by exam stress, so any irrational actions at this time of year are excused. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Thank god, cause i'm also doing very random movements due to the cramps in my neck and my books are slowly taking over lots of desks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

There used to be notes for one of my easier subjests on the webternet but the lecturer took them down, when they were up he left holes in them so you'd be missing salient details unless you come to the lectures, I thought the aim of the lectures was to convey knowledge not to make sure you pay your dues. Hate that:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Poor elmyra, hopefully you'll make it up with him -possibly after the exams though :)

Life is just difficult and far too much effort. I can NOT take much more sleep deprivation, and my eating pattens are all over the place. I've ingested more sugar in the last week than I have in the previous six months. I wnat proper food at regular intervals. :(

That is all. Exams SUCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Go for it Steph. I want to have a tantrum, I'm such a child.

Hermione* wrote:
    Poor elmyra, hopefully you'll make it up with him -possibly after the exams though

Meh, I'm sure we will, it's just upsetting cos I'm very bad at fighting with people I care about, it totally preoccupies me until it's sorted out cos I feel really bad.

• Advertisement

We have an anatomy lecturer who puts abbreviations in that he only explains in class - he feels that if you com to lectures you deserve credit in the exams.

I have another lecturer who only puts notes up on the day and if not enough people turn up to his lecture (once four out of 43 of us showed) he'll take the notes down but leave the heading up so people know that he had notes up for it, and if you were there and didn't get them he'll give them to you.

Just petty mean people. It's infuriating to have to depend on them though:(

I kinda get it, I mean people who bother to turn up for lectures should get some kudos, and it must get really frustrating for a lecturer if students continuely don't turn up for lectures.

Although I have one lecturer who gives appaulling notes even if you were are her lectures because she gives overviews of what you covered - a total nightmare.

Had my little tantrm thanks elmyra - it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've one mother ****er of a headache and I've nothing to cure it and the shop is closed..

any boardsies in the library with meds please share!!!

I kinda get it, I mean people who bother to turn up for lectures should get some kudos, and it must get really frustrating for a lecturer if students continuely don't turn up for lectures.

I don't really think so, sure it's not nice for the lecturer when there's a low turnout but it's often a reflection of the lecturers preformance, having said that my class is very small but the turnout is usually quite good. I think the exams/continuous assessment should be the only thing that matters and some people learn better from reading the material than listening to a lecturer.

Sorry scraggs, I usually carry some cuz I know I wont think of them when I'm hungover but I've none today:(

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    I've one mother ****er of a headache and I've nothing to cure it and the shop is closed..

any boardsies in the library with meds please share!!!

I have some sudafed, it's got paracetamol in it if it's any use?

If anyone just say three crazy girls outside the library just now, don't worry we've calmed down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thanks I got sorted ..its quite scary she had a whole pharmacy in her bag practically!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If anyone just say three crazy girls outside the library just now, don't worry we've calmed down again.

Oh dear sweet jesus.

I"m that girl when I go away,

went to oxygen with motilium, immodium, sinutab, paracetamol, bandages, antiseptic, and a few other odds and ends - it all came in handy too, I lived on motilium throughout my entire leaving cert - i was a walking pharmacy 24/7

the first one is free but the next one is €20?

Grimes wrote:
    Oh dear sweet jesus.

It's not may fault that the library makes me go slightly crazy. I blame the girls for making me hyper and the singing was nothign to do with me.....

Grimes wrote:
    the first one is free but the next one is €20?

I'll do you a good deal Grimes, don't you worry.

Rant : the people I live with are very inconsiderate and filthy. Was late into college today cos I just HAD to do something about our kitchen; if I came home one more night at 11.30 to find that mess, I'd freak and I'm doing enough of that as it is. The only sound girl in the house is in Portugal til next week, Aoife and Emma don't know what cleanliness or courtesy are, and the last girl is a has the mentality of a sixteen-year-ol although she's actually 21. :(

Roll on May 25th, when Aoife and Emma move out and we can clean things again, and have them stay clean!

I have to go to UCD. Bollokcakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    F**king spamfest on the UCD forum.

That is all.

/glares
    Completely 100% agree. There are a few culprits and to be perfectly honest its a pain in the hole to have to trudge through.

Just once, ONCE, it would be nice if you can manage to keep a thread somewhat on topic. If you want to have a little chit-chatty, cutsie conversation use bloody messenger for fúck sake.

That is all.

:)

Seriously, jesus of mother****ing christ the spammy ****e is still going on 2 days later. :mad: Headwrecking.

Seriously, jesus of mother****ing christ the spammy ****e is still going on 2 days later. :mad: Headwrecking.

I put it down to exam stress. Ill stop :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

yeah wtf is up with all the rubbish
    "Oh I saw you and you today!"

Wow i dont care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

wow, cry about it then!

bloody hell, whiners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

my sister had a spare ticket 2 des bishop lst nite dat neva got used n she didnt ask me cos she thought id b studyin! ffs!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

nursebetty wrote:
    my sister had a spare ticket 2 des bishop lst nite dat neva got used n she didnt ask me cos she thought id b studyin! ffs!! :mad:

tbh your not missing out on much.....Here's a summary: Des Bishop' Look at me Cant I do a great cork accent 'Alright booooooy,I was langered last night' cue Des doing crappy cork accent for the next two hours and making silly 'langered ' jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

the library is a load of cock!

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Hermione* wrote:
    Rant : the people I live with are very inconsiderate and filthy. Was late into college today cos I just HAD to do something about our kitchen; if I came home one more night at 11.30 to find that mess, I'd freak and I'm doing enough of that as it is. The only sound girl in the house is in Portugal til next week, Aoife and Emma don't know what cleanliness or courtesy are, and the last girl is a has the mentality of a sixteen-year-ol although she's actually 21. :(

Roll on May 25th, when Aoife and Emma move out and we can clean things again, and have them stay clean!

Ah, I feel with you Hermione*!

I have annoying flat mates too.
    But one of them actually does some cleaning -about once every 2 months- but not without making sure that he tells everyone how miserable his life is now that he did a bit of cleaning up and that nobody would do anything but him :rolleyes:
    He's our prima ballerina of the cleaning department ;)

However, my rant of the day is: shoes! Silly girly shoes! Am wearing black ones with kitten heals and on way to lib nearly fell over in front of entrance cos one of the heals got stuck in the rills. How embarrassing!!! :( And I didn't even get it out straight away. Well, at least I provided a good laugh for a friend of mine who was with me...and he did laugh a lot!
    Note: must wear different shoes on campus!! I sound like a complete uber-girly fool now, I suppose...ahhhh *sigh* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tintinr35 wrote:
    the library is a load of cock!

that is all
    Agreed. Hence why I'm at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

History Dept switched around the dates for Papers 3 and 4, and now I'm kinda confused...

In essence, the order was sposed to go 1, 2, 4, 3... Which sounds stupid, I know, but it's always been that way; 1st Core, 2nd Core, 1st Elective, 2nd Elective... Now the timetable reads 1,2,3,4, which makes sense numerically but confuses me in terms of which elective I have first...

Until someone tells me otherwise I'm assuming that it now goes 1st Core, 2nd Core, 2nd Elective, 1st Elective.

I love the History Dept. They always keep things so simple.:rolleyes:

I only noticed that yesterday!! But I think the courses are still assigned to the same papers, ie, 1st elective is paper 3 still, and 2nd elective is paper 4. So the first elective will be examined before the second. I'll post when I remember to check though.
    *Note to self: go to history dept and BLOODY check order of papers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yep, its still
    paper 1= first semester core
    paper 2= second semester core
    paper 3= first semester elective
    paper 4= second semester elective.

(At least I bloody hope so)

My rant shall be....the heat in the library and the inability of some library users to whisper! :mad:

Go outside if you're going to have a 25 minute conversation about how you were "like, totally off my head last weekend, roysh. It was like totally focking amaaaaazing. Such a good night like, and I scored this absolute babe. He was like totally hot.."

*STAB STAB STAB*

That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement