Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

My beautiful horsie is going to his new owner tomorrow. I went down home this evening to take him out a last time and say goodbye and I got very sad, I've had him since I was 13. Tisn't fair. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

elmyra wrote:
    My beautiful horsie is going to his new owner tomorrow. I went down home this evening to take him out a last time and say goodbye and I got very sad, I've had him since I was 13. Tisn't fair. :(
    Aw... *huggles*

Why are you selling him?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Aw... *huggles*

Why are you selling him?

He's getting all fat and stuff cos I'm never home to take him out and my lil sis and bro just aren't into the horsie thing at all so there's nobody else to do it. Plus my mum and dad have to pay to stable him and for the field and stuff cos it's not actually our land and it's a bit of a waste since i'm never home and not likely to be because of stupid college. I guess they're right, I haven't have him out since march before today, it's not fair on him. It's still all yucky though :(

Yeah when my sis went off to Limerick to do Equine Science we had to give up our horse as well... Oddly, we kept the pony tho - presumably cos my parents (correctly) assumed that I could take care of her in Justine's absence, but not the lumbering cob which, frankly, (and bear in mind I was only 16) scared me a little bit.:o

Hehehe...Misneach's over 17h and I had to stand on a wall to mount him when I first got him, what are ya like being afraid of a cob?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I wish I had a horse:(

Ummm...if you'd mentioned before today, I had one for sale!

[edit] I wish I could afford/had room for a horse.:(

Oh...well mine was a present from my granda (yep, I was one of 'those' kids) and my mum and dad have very kindly been putting up with a very financially burdensome present for the past few years, but we're lucky to have him stabled cheaply cos my dad knows someone and I got all my skull caps and jodphurs and stuff as presents for birthdays and christmas as I went along. It's not hugely expensive if you live rurally and have land tbh.

elmyra wrote:
    Hehehe...Misneach's over 17h and I had to stand on a wall to mount him when I first got him, what are ya like being afraid of a cob?! :p
    Yeah, I know, but... I was never into horses as much as my sis. I mean jesus, Daquiri's tiny, but she's so completely mental that she's worried me a few times as well. Besides, we only ever had that one horse (Jessie) - before that we'd only had a donkey and Daquiri's mother, so I'm not someone who'd be used to even 15h horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Now that you mention it I own a wonderful little glue factory near the edge of town.
    It has a big field next to it where he could live.....:D

Seriously though sorry bout the equine.

I guess I was just a bit fearless when I was younger (make up for it now). We had no horsey background, I just got it into my head that I wanted one cos my friend had one and I got Mish cos he had such a good temperment so the height didn't bother me. Daquiri's a great name for a pony, I loves it! I gots to stop talking about it now though or I'll be yoinking out the tissues! *sniffle*.

@Firespinner- don't!! It's bad enough as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Now that you mention it I own a wonderful little glue factory near the edge of town.
    It has a big field next to it where he could live.....:D

That reminds me of an episode of the A-Team where they saved wild horses from being turned into glue!

Seriously stop it, please. I know he's not being turned into glue or anything but you're kinda hitting a nerve here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Tactful!

Sorry to hear about the clip-clop Elmyra. I've never had a horssie myself because my daddy and grandad used to have them years ago and he got bitten so he hates them now. But I think they're lovely.

Oh that's pants! Every kid should have a horse, they're beautiful, AND, they teach ya to be responsible for something and care for it (hehehe, I was always good at playing the 'here's why i should have it...' card).

Actually I haven't been to see Daq since my hair was all shaved off... Hope she recognises me!:D Mind you it won't matter anyway cos she's affectionate to anyone with any kind of food regardless of whether she knows em or not - right tart, tbh.:rolleyes: She's getting taken down to Kerry soon, I'll miss her, the crazy ole bat.:D

Don't worry elmyra, it's for the best. I'm sure Misneach will miss you dearly too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Elmy you can come play with my horse if you want.

unlike my usual posts this is a genuine offer and not spam

SebtheBum wrote:
    Actually I haven't been to see Daq since my hair was all shaved off... Hope she recognises me!:D Mind you it won't matter anyway cos she's affectionate to anyone with any kind of food regardless of whether she knows em or not - right tart, tbh.:rolleyes: She's getting taken down to Kerry soon, I'll miss her, the crazy ole bat.:D

Don't worry elmyra, it's for the best. I'm sure Misneach will miss you dearly too.

Hey! I'm affectionate towards people who bring me food, it isn't tartishness it's just opportunistic!! :p

Yup, I know I'll be fine and at least I wont be at home tomorrow when he's going, I just know I'm going to be finding myself wanting to go for a canter all the time now just cos I know I can't, but I'll find something new to be obsessive about soon I'm sure.

Thankies all for being kind, 'specially Seb *huggles*.

@Grimes.....when you say horse, do you actually mean horse?

You, spam Grimey? Never!!

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    You, spam Grimey? Never!!
    He actually does have a horse.

Never seen it, mind...

Wasn't really what I was getting at, but it'll do.

GRRR! How the hell do I keep getting electric shocks from my mp3 player and headphones!:mad:

Blush 01 wrote:
    /looks back at previous page

Ah yes I see your point. He edited his original post, wasn't sure what you meant there...

/me wanders off to bed

Night folks

Blush_01 wrote:

Me Spam????

At least if anyone here every get Syphilis they will know exaclty what they have and in my honest opinion i see a direct link between Love in UCD and Syphilis. Never spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Poor elmyra! Misneach's a great name for a horse though. Owning a horse was one of my childhood dreams ... my parents kept spoiling the dream by raising practical points along the lines of: 'Would you prefer a horse, or that we have ****loads of cash to send you to college where you can sponge off us for even longer than necessary?' Not may comebacks can be made when your overworked and tired parents come out with that. :(

Thanks Hermione, I was lucky to get one, my Granda's a softie, he named him Misneach.

Bitch and moan for today....I just took a drive down to the RDS to make sure I knew the route (13 mins door to door, bet it wont be that monday morning!!), they have big massive 'UCD Exams' placards up and just as I was turnng the car in the entrance gateway, the Final Countdown came on the ipod.....freaked me right out. :(

My grandmother is in hospital because her leg exploded. I'm not joking, or spamming, it just popped. Ok, so she hit it with a shovel or something, but who has ever heard of a leg popping because it got hit?

I have to face facts that I have an exam on thursday and I've wasted all the time I can afford putting things into pretty folders and labelling them semi-neatly. *growls*

*MOANS*

These damn powerpoint notes are taking hours to print out. ANGER

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    These damn powerpoint notes are taking hours to print out. ANGER

When you click print click options and 'print as handout'- it'll fit six to a page :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement