Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

scop wrote:
    I have begun to lose the ability to interact with other humans.
    Pfft. Me lost that thingummy yonks ago, fellow homo sapien.
    Social ability whatever is over-rated anyhow.

It matters not whether I cram now, either way my degree is DOOMED, DOOMED, DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Then sing the Doom song.

Actually,where did Invader Zim GOOOO?

That amazingness should've been eternal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Right, so net connection at home is broken and I'm skint, can't afford printed credit.
    So I put the notes I needed from blackboard on my usb key yesterday to take home and print this morning.
    But, the downstairs printed has no ink.
    The upstairs computer has no usb port.
    We have no floppy disks.
    So I have to burn my notes onto a cd downstairs to take upstairs and print.
    Somewhere in this process the word files become corrupted and I have to open them on notebook and reformat them and such.

Once that's all done the upstairs printer mysteriously breaks.

Que blinding rage and giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Right, so net connectioon at home is broken and I'm skint, can't afford printed credit.
    So I but the notes I needed from blackboard on my usb key yesterday to take home and print this morning.
    But, the downstairs printed has no ink.
    The upstairs computer has no usb port.
    We have no floppy disks.
    So I have to burn my notes onto a cd downstairs to take upstairs and print.
    Somewhere in this process the word files become corrupted and I have to open them on notebook and reformat them and such.

Once that's all done the upstairs printer mysteriously breaks.

Que blinding rage and giving up.

Drop down to me and we'll try to sort it out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I lost €40 in the RDS.

I knew no good could come of these blasted exams!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

eek elmyra that's horrible!

I was planning on going straight to library after my exam to plan for tomorrow. On the way home I decided I'd definitely be able to study at home even though the reason I was going to the library was because I did NOTHING yesterday when I was at home. So now, I've been home about 2 and a half hours and still nothing done. Argh, I need motivation.

Same as that. English tomorrow, not a tap done!

Bitch bitch moan rant etcetera!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I also lost my foundation which I'd only bought last week and costs €40 a pop. Though I know I'd probably find it if I looked properly....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

At the rate I go through pens I should just throw them away at the end of each day, I go into the library, realise I've no pen, buy a pen, go home, come in the next day and realise I've no pen, wtf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

ive wasted a ****ing year of my life and my free degree. i hate engineering. i hate the lectures and the people in it. its full of nerds and is **** boring ..........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rnger wrote:
    ive wasted a ****ing year of my life and my free degree. i hate engineering. i hate the lectures and the people in it. its full of nerds and is **** boring ..........................
    Mind your audience.

Boo: My parents are annoyed at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I had a really odd dream last night, and now I can't remember it, and I want to. Gah!

I want milk. And coco-pops.

NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The lamb in the restaurant is always guaranteed to be awful, they really should stop buying from who ever's selling that crap, that or it's the sweepings from some abattoirfrown.gif Also I hate the fact that the student special is so often vegetarian, I know it prob works out cheaper but the student special should still be a meal, not some unpalatable snack, fit only for desperate starving rabbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I felt like such a tit today phoning up the examinations people asking why my examination card wasn't online and then for them to tell me that 1st years don't get examination cards. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I felt like such a tit today phoning up the examinations people asking why my examination card wasn't online and then for them to tell me that 1st years don't get examination cards. :o
    You saved me some embaressment. What are we meant to do?

You saved me some embaressment. What are we meant to do?

Apparently for first years there will be some sheet on the wall or something where you check for your number or name and it will tell you where to sit. I'm a bit vague on it obviously but just bring your student card along and all should be good...... and bring yourself of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

yeah its the same as the christmas exams...

oh wait sorry Zane didnt realise you didnt know this!

Anyway bring along your student card thats used instead of the examination cardymabobs. There'll be a big list up on a noticeboard with all the names outside the exam hall go along find your name and it tells you your seat number.

Kudos Scraggs for clearing that one up. I didn't have any exams at christmas hence my goddam inertia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Rnger wrote:
    Get out now! Seriously if you hate it that much you'll never get to fourth year, unless your in civil - sign up for a different course that your interested in next year. (graduate elec-head talking here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I look like an eejit... I was kinda playing with my shoe and it kinda flung off under the desk in front of me and this guy picked it up for me...so embarrasing. Everyone was dying not to laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hahahah thats one of the few things thats actually made me properly smile and grin all days - thanks a mil scraggs, i really needed that :)

i'm stuck in a room with no natural light all day, big comp lab - there are 3 people left at this time of the day. THREE. i feel like the studious one in my year at the moment, and thats just plain scary. also i hate recursive programming so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Why am I watching Eastenders when I have an exam tomorrow that I'm completely unprepared for!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

why am i on boards when i have an exam tomorrow that im completly unprepared for
    why did i just repeat what u just said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

tintinr35 wrote:
    why am i on boards when i have an exam tomorrow that im completly unprepared for
    why did i just repeat what u just said!!!

I'm too lazy to type it out, so what he said! :eek: boese063.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Me four!...

me five!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ugh, my cd player will only play from track 9 onwards on my cool new exam tunes cd, and stupid ucd pcs keep crashing when I try to burn a new copy of it .... grrrrrrh :(
    I'm missing out on the extended version of layla! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I think I'm coming down with the flu. I kept getting dirty looks in the library cos I kept coughing. And I have the whole sore head, achey arms thing going on.

I'm hoping it's just exam stress that will go away with a good night's sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

My last essay wasn't there for collection... I don't think Elva loves me anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I think I'm coming down with the flu. I kept getting dirty looks in the library cos I kept coughing. And I have the whole sore head, achey arms thing going on.

I'm hoping it's just exam stress that will go away with a good night's sleep.
    i think flu is going around at the moment - my ex-bf had it for most of last week. if i were you i'd play it safe and get thee to the doctor for some antibiotics.. this is not a week that you need to be bedridden during.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement