Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I didn't see you! I was in my own little iPod-fuelled world right then... was that you that beeped at me when I was walking in at the main gate?

Mmmm...likely story. Tis okay, you looked very distracted, though refreshed I must say for someone who didn't sleep well! You were walking in the main gate but I didn't beep at ya I just waved cos my horn is a really obnoxiously rude sounding one....I want a new mini that has the four horns to mean different things....Bitch moan.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd love a loudspeaker on my car....

.... when i get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Rant: stupid comp sci concept questions? WHY do i honestly need to be able to write about java's methods of exception handling? i can code new exceptions no problem, know how to deal with exceptions, so why do i need to deal with them?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Because writing syntactically correct code under exam conditions is a pain in the hole, and Comp Sci lecturers need to come up with exam questions from somewhere.

My rant for today: I did NO study. At all. Stupid E3 and its stupid distracting powers and always being on at stupid exam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Aaaaah! Walked to college with way too much stuff in my bag (fruit and stuff, a girl's got to eat, and ucd only has stuff that looks like food :rolleyes:) and noticed by the time I got to the college entrance that my hand was cramping. Only when I was walking to my locker did I realise my fucking bag was cutting off the blood supply to my hand!:rolleyes: It took about five minutes for my skin to revert to its usual washed-out palesness. What a start to the day! :mad: That was two hours ago and my shoulder's still tingling slightly :(

Maybe I should re-consider rucksacks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Slept in big style, didn't have time for a shower, didn't get a seat with a socket near it, there's some guy that sounds like he has tb sitting next to me and I feel completely shit. Going to get coffee.

Bleh. Studying for Unix is boring as hell. I'd learn more if I just opened a bash shell and played around for the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bleh. Studying for Unix is boring as hell. I'd learn more if I just opened a bash shell and played around for the afternoon.
    That's actually what I did. Works wonders and is far more fun.

[edit] My rant is that my sister came back from Africa on monday. She has been out of the country for roughly 6 years, so my parents invited about 15 people to my house for tonight, and i'm gonna miss it because I have an exam tomorrow. :( It's not great when you are locked in one of the labs, and know you are missing all of the wine/beer/champagne and fun :(

That sucks! :(

Another rant: A friend of mine just got onto Google Talk to tell me that he thinks my new haircut makes me look like a 15 year old boy. I'm more annoyed that he didn't have the guts to say it to my face. He's so getting a kick in the crotch the next time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Good on ya Rainbow!

I've just realised that I've drank over two litres of water today which probably wasnt the best of ideas considering i've an exam in less than three hours :eek:

• Advertisement

Another rant: A friend of mine just got onto Google Talk to tell me that he thinks my new haircut makes me look like a 15 year old boy. I'm more annoyed that he didn't have the guts to say it to my face. He's so getting a kick in the crotch the next time I see him.
    Ouch, that's horrible! Both the comment, and the fact that he didn't have the balls to say it to your face! :( Poor you!

Men. *sigh*
    That's all I gotta say! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Never ever say a girls new hair cut is awful. Even if it is, you just don't say it. It's like saying yes to the "Does my bum look big", it's suicide.
    (RK, I'm not saying ur hairdo is awful! Make sure you wear nice pointy shoes. :D )

I know, Robins! Unfortunately I don't own pointy shoes, but I'm sure a big chunky pair of work boots will do a similar job :p

Scraggs wrote:
    Good on ya Rainbow!

I've just realised that I've drank over two litres of water today which probably wasnt the best of ideas considering i've an exam in less than three hours :eek:

How can you have an exam in less than three hours? What the hell time is it on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sounds like they'll do the job.

OT: the flood of posts to the UCD forum today has meant I've neglected to look at the comp/tech/nerd forums. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Men. *sigh*
    That's all I gotta say! :p
    This might help:)
    Borrowed form kittenkiller

6 til 8 boo that

irlrobins wrote:
    Sounds like they'll do the job.

OT: the flood of posts to the UCD forum today has meant I've neglected to look at the comp/tech/nerd forums. Boo!

Problems, problems! :D

Temporarily out of rants :rolleyes: Except for the fact that I'd really like a coffee, and can't leave til I get some more work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Indeed, Elmyra, these 1st year modular exams seem to be t3h shit...

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    6 til 8 boo that

oooh that is crapple! i've never had an evening exam.

OT: rant bitch and fucking moan, I was supposed to be going out with my mate for my birthday on friday but now she can't make it! Stupid-all-alone-in-dublin birthday. *cries*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

OT: I've done nothing all day but eat nachos, and now Deal Or No Deal is on.

Actually, DOND is a woot...

Aaah, the sun's in my eyes and creating a glare on the pc screen too ... and I have to wear glasses at a pc, and there's just too many relflections from the window, glasses and pc, it's getting hard to concentrate on my blackboard notes ... the exam's tomorrow so I'm not spending a fortune printing stuff I wont need in 24 hours. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Scraggs wrote:
    Good on ya Rainbow!

Drink a lot more water, that way you will piss before the exam starts!

Aggggh, I'm squinting from the sun! :(
    Between the sun and no blackboard, how am I supposed to get anything done?!

fucking wireless network and lan down. What the hell man? I want to use my laptop now! *stamps foot*

Exam was shit... great paper except I couldnt remember anything.
    Was meant to go to a friends house walked all the way there then realised she'd no keys
    and now I'm back in belfield:mad: :(

[but on the upside I'm getting a pizza on the way home later :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Scraggs wrote:
    Exam was shit... great paper except I couldnt remember anything.
    Was meant to go to a friends house walked all the way there then realised she'd no keys
    and now I'm back in belfield:mad: :(

[but on the upside I'm getting a pizza on the way home later :)]

Should have taken the lift I offered as I gunned past you! Ssccchwwerrring!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

:(
    Me sick . Nothing extraordinary really, just sniffling, coughing, feverish at times. And have been off work (exam's office part-timer) for the past two days.

However, this morning I get a call that a friend of mine who got admitted into hospital yesterday, tried to run away from there. So, I go down to st vincents. And who do I bump into on my way there....my manager from the exam's office!! :eek: At least I look believable sick enough to not look like an imposter.

Anyway, got down to hospital, held her hand for 2 1/2 hours, and have never been so happy to be back in my bed again afterwards!!!

If she starts coughing and sniffling there in a few days, I won't listen to the complaints!
    ahhh, well, will prob listen anyways.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

www is down and most people can't figure out how to get to boards now, so it's all boring and lonely over here:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement