Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Ah boo. wanna hug? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hehe, on the plus side it's a lot less spammier here than usual:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

my laptop broke ... AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

A friend of mine just got onto Google Talk to tell me that he thinks my new haircut makes me look like a 15 year old boy. I'm more annoyed that he didn't have the guts to say it to my face. He's so getting a kick in the crotch the next time I see him.

And I'd say he's deserved it! Totally!
    What a mean thing to say!! :eek:
    But maybe...just maybe...he actually really likes you and that's his way of paying a compliment. Too shy to say he likes you, so he masks it with a rude comment. :D
    College boys! :rolleyes:

I'd really need a hair cut, too. But, alas, the salon I used to go to closed down 3 months ago!
    Appeal: Please PM me recommendations, preferably those that have like a student discount!

Grimes wrote:
    my laptop broke ... AGAIN!
    *sigh* Can I help in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

irlrobins wrote:

Tough living up to your reputation, isn't it? ;)

I'm so bloody tired! And I've another exam tomorrow morning, which I have to do extremely well in to compensate for writing utter crap in Tuesday's international relations exam. I think I got four hours sleep last night, spent at least an hour of my exam craving latte :(

Hermione* wrote:
    Tough living up to your reputation, isn't it? ;)
    Ah I actually enjoy fixing computers, so it's not an annoying task.

It hurts when my offers of help are rejected though. *Glares at rain on* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have an exam tomorrow. Which I'm bored of studying for. Right now, I'm watching videos of the new Super Smash Bros over at Gamespot...
    *sigh*

irlrobins wrote:

ah thanks mate. It seems to be a different thing with startup each week. And it always happens when I leave my computer on and go for a coffee . This time it was unable to log onto windows because the domain acer "insert list of random numbers" was not available . So I just banged the system restore disks in again because, well at this stage, there is nothing worth keeping on the machine anymore. :confused:

Reinstalling Sophos and WinDefender as I speak in a vain attempt to prevent further problems. Did a defrag but to with my "computer smarts" im probably just kidding myself.

List of Problems
    1)Freeze on Startup
    2)problem with ntdll.dll in the systemroot folder preventing startup.
    3)domain not available. (which is a new one)
    4)? ill tell you next week?

Thanks again Irl .

Well if you did a complete wipe and reinstall it will prob fix all your probs.

And I'd recommend AVG over Sophos. Functions better.

If you want me to take a look PM me.

• Advertisement

ill be up around UCD soon I hope. Will indeed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Ripwave tech support. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Told ya so!!!

Rant: missing sailing this evening and it's going to be a great night to be out on the water. On the plus side nationals are on for the next three days and we'll either have loads of racing or we'll be sitting around drinking beer. It's a win win situation either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My moan is that the section I'm in in the library is abnormally quiet so everything I do seems abnormally loud. I dont think anyone is pissed off yet but I fear it could be headin that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I've spent the guts of 12 hours staring at a greenish grey wall today.

humbert wrote:
    I've spent the guts of 12 hours staring at a greenish grey wall today.

well thats what you get for doing whatever it is you do

Sitting in the library. Can't say it comes as a surprise but I can't help feeling there must be something else I could be doing that would serve me better:o

looking at your books instead of the wall ? :D

Ah no I dont blame you, but you could have done like me, said "**** it, no point in me sitting here looking at a wall pretending to study" and gotten up and had fun!

the first and only time I visit the TCD forum and I get banned. Outrage! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What did you do to those hooligans?

• Advertisement

i over reacted cause I wasnt in on their "in-joke" (yes the irony isnt lost on me) and read the title of their thread wrong and got myself banned . Dont really know why. They were being really offensive. Anyway who cares.

I gots all my homie love right here, teight! ..........*wind blows in ghost town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My b*tch for now... I only went to bed at like 1.30am, and I woke up at 6am, with a really sore and red neck area (under my chin, around there), so can't get back to sleep. Lashed a tonne of this creamy stuff on it, hopefully that'll do somethin :/ Dead painful though! I think it's cos I normally wear a t-shirt in bed, and last night I didn't, so perhaps the friction from skin-on-skin is what caused it... hmmm... I'll need a nap later in the day methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Exam in just over an hour, and I have the attention span of a retarded gnat. :(

good luck kirby!

I lent a DVD to someone and they're been saying they'll give it back for ages, now when ever I ask them about they ignore me! I'm never getting it back:(

humbert wrote:
    I lent a DVD to someone and they're been saying they'll give it back for ages, now when ever I ask them about they ignore me! I'm never getting it back:(

whats the DVD?

Also Im sitting out the back and its lovely and the birds are singing but some complete gonebean somwhere in the area has spin103 up full blast and its pumping out the flaming pussycatslappers

you have internet access out your back garden? :eek:

DaveMcG wrote:
    you have internet access out your back garden? :eek:

wireless baby. I even post from the jacks :D

Grimes wrote:
    whats the DVD?

Also Im sitting out the back and its lovely and the birds are singing but some complete gonebean somwhere in the area has spin103 up full blast and its pumping out the flaming pussycatslappers
    A bbc series called Coupling, it's very funny, luckily I only gave them the last couple of series which aren't the best. Still, bad form.

Oh and another bitch/rant/moan I miss the spam thread, if I feel like posting something that might be moderately amusing but doesn't fit in anywhere else I've nowhere to go:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I have a theory that this thread will become the new spam thread. Spam in itself is inevitable given the current exam climate, and the need to blow off steam in the form of spammy "don't care" posts won't go away. If said posts can be contained in this thread though, and some sort of "sticking to the topic" is adhered to it will be okay. Yes I am in a wierd mood today...I think its the thunder!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement