Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

elmyra, get a 3v card (3v.ie)! Takes a couple of days to get the card, then you've to go to a shop and buy a voucher (for whatever amount of money you need to spend online + the €5 charge), then you can just use that like a credit card.

!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

A bunch of D4ish jocks have sat down beside me, the conversation is so dire I think I'm gonna go study for the relief:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Thanks Humbert I found the apple site but I figured they'd be dearer in the shops.

@Dave- that sounds fantastic but I'm now being a complete girl and having an 'i want it now!' episode so I'll probably wander across the road (yep, I only live across the road from a shopping centre and I'm still moaning).

Super rant cos this is turning into a bad day: I have a really bad cold and my phone charger just broke. Grrrr!

For some stupid reason my left earphone has stopped working and because someone obviously forgot to tell people it was sunday the library is packed meaning that I'm stuck trying to study in 911 and having to listen to all the terrible conversations going on. Please make my concentration work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Study in 911 , well you have more chance of learning somthing there than getting a decent cup of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I had the "yes that doughnot stop asking me whether it's the right one or not" experience there the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

My stupid upcoming equipment exam for which i have just realised i'm expected to know a lot of things about quality assurance that was part of group work, this would be fine if the lecturer had bothered to put up the powerpoints that everybody did so we could bloody well learn them!

Also my heel hurts because I have a blister and it's healing slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

BOO! :( My luch date's cancelled so I'm condemned to ucd food.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

The little annoyances of life: me making tea, realising splenda is empty, taking flat mate's sugar (after asking of course!).
    Well, I take the bag, want to pour a little....and half the bag spreads over the kitchen counter and into my mug :eek:
    Now, the tea is sweet :rolleyes:

I hate a pizza date cancelled last night and we had buy one get one free vouchers (studentcents i commend you) what's with people cancelling? It's just not right.

• Advertisement

I hate a pizza date cancelled last night and we had buy one get one free vouchers (studentcents i commend you) what's with people cancelling? It's just not right.
    I would never EVER cancel on a girl with buy one get one free pizza vouchers and any that does is nuts!!!

humbert wrote:
    I would never EVER cancel on a girl with buy one get one free pizza vouchers and any that does is nuts!!!

I'll bear that in mind for future reference. (I was cancelled on by 3 people which made it all the worse, although they were all girls)

Way too many people need to use computers today. This place is hectic. (I should probably also include that i'm not actually holding a computer up playing on boards, no q where I am)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I'm really bored right now, and not sure what to do. Decided to take the day off from the thesis after the last meeting. Though the meeting was helpful the constant niggling with whats been done is an irratatin task and stressful to bits!

It has me back smoking a bit more, not a good sign. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

wouldnt it be awesome if they replaced 911 with Subway...

Or a big hole in the ground:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

O'Briens or even a pizza place as well might be good... then stepherunie could bring us all there! :p

I'm more than happy to offer my services in that regard, although see now im hungry and i've loads of work left to do, damn you all people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

My printer is developing sociopathic tendencies... I may have to 'terminate' it. I have reams of stuff to print but though, so it gets one more chance!!!

I hate technology...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i have to go to work and then out to the beach at 2am in a very expensive suit and 300 euro bouncer coat to collect sand, stones, shells and seaweed for my best friends classroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

boneless wrote:
    My printer is developing sociopathic tendencies... I may have to 'terminate' it. I have reams of stuff to print but though, so it gets one more chance!!!

I hate technology...

Printers are evil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dealing with stupid people in work when you KNOW you should be at home studying is not good for Kirby's rage. :(

The internet here in the library went down for the best part of an hour, I assume it was computer services fucking up as usual:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Why, in the name of God, did I leave studying economics till the last minute?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Waltons wrote:
    Why, in the name of God, did I leave studying economics till the last minute?!
    Me too:( I'm only on lecture 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have 2nd year micro economics tomorrow too. Not too bad.
    But macro is just evil. That's on Saturday. Absolutely dreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Macro tomorrow. Don't mind too much. At 6 in the evening though. ****ing annoying. Have to work out if I'm going to dash home and get ready to go out, or go to the exam ready to go out. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've got serious 'foot in mouth' disorder... I keep insulting people and saying things that get taken up the wrong way:mad::)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The rest of me is fine, but my neck and jaw are still hungover from last night. I hope I was grinding my teeth! The alternatives are so unpleasant to think of!

Some guy tried to steal my shoes last night. While I was wearing them. What is it with short people and my feet for Gods sake!!! (Sorry keyboard, I didn't mean to thump you, honest!) And the buttons keep falling off my pretty shirt. And my grandmother's leg is awful - really, really awful and painful and half of her leg is covered in a big, black, oozy, thin scab. Everyone's in foul humour and *ARGH like I've never ARGHed before* my charms have all fallen off my bracelet and I got them for my 21st from my little sister. I'm down to a ballet pump and a heart and I feel rotten because she put so much effort into it (although I don't get the ballet pump thing, I did ballroom and irish dancing).

Can anybody tell me what the féckin' deal with strapless bras is? Please? Or even the plastic see-through straps ones. WHY goddamn it? WHY???

Sorry. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:
    Can anybody tell me what the féckin' deal with strapless bras is? Please? Or even the plastic see-through straps ones. WHY goddamn it? WHY???

I am thoroughly convinced that strapless bras are designed for girls with a maximum of a B cup. Anything bigger and they just don't work. And why are they always padded!! I don't need anymore padding thanks all the same. And those straps kill! Gah...sometimes having little bewbs would be nice.

My moan is that I was hit by a wave of fear this morning over my exams. It sucks because I think I'm going to be ok for my worst subject (history) and there is a distinct possibility I will fail what is usually my best subject (english). I never got my first semester seminar essay done and my second semester one was late :o My 18th century literature exam was pretty crappy and I don't know if I'll be able to drag my mark up enough with my 19th century exam (although on the plus side, I did actually read some of the texts for that one.)

Bleurgh...if I do fail at least I'll be able to say.."Me fail english!? That's unpossible!"

:(

• Advertisement

Grr Have an exam tomorrow - went to ask the course coordinator a few important old questions on it and check a few things and what's he gone and done but only go to a bloody conference in the UK. How very helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement