Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i meant to get up at 10 this morning. and ended up waking up at half 3 in the afternoon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i woke up at 8 to study

next thing i know i wake up and its 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

every time I sit with the arts students, I get an STD

lol nice :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I want to bitch/moan/gripe/rant about having nothing in particular to bitch/moan/gripe/rant about... I need to be angry!

Oh wait... no exam timetables for 1st years when I badly need them!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

and every time I sit with the arts students, I get an STD

Only way you'll ever get one.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sangre wrote:
    Only way you'll ever get one.
    Ah, you've heard about the screenings I do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah...very clinical, sterile approach.

'Hmm, the red sock is dirty so I think I'll use the blue one instead'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Good God, what muppet felt so insecure that he had to copy of Trinity?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I got banned from the cuckoo's nest last week and its like havin a limb cut off...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sangre wrote:
    Yeah...very clinical, sterile approach.

'Hmm, the red sock is dirty so I think I'll use the blue one instead'
    Oh, that sock wasn't always red.

• Advertisement

Good God, what muppet felt so insecure that he had to copy of Trinity?

:)

Oddly enough, you should have a look at the first post of 'The official "rant/bitch/moan" thread' in the TCD Forum. If you compare that one in TCD to this one in UCD,D, you'll find that there was already an attempt to create a rant thread in UCD,D which died after awhile.

Right, might as well finish this post with the obligatory smiley:

pacman.png

jayzis that's a big pacman!

DaveMcG wrote:
    jayzis that's a big pacman!
    Well mines an inch bigger *runs out of locker room*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've been in the library everyday far two weeks and I don't know anything yet. And the philosophy exam papers only go up to 2000. And I'm coming down with a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I've been at home for the majority of the three week break and my procrastination efforts are working far too well. I have neither studied, nor written my essays. Hell, I haven't even talked to my lecturer about my essay title for an essay due in on tuesday.

I can't drive, which is a complete and utter bítch since my Dad now wants to drive HIMSELF to hospital tomorrow, and I have to go with him so he doesn't kill himself. Sense? I can't see it!

And to top it all off *takes deep breath*[rant] NUIG have banned Bebo on campus (without having banned any other sites - it was on the radio today) and UCD are STILL allowing that travesty of a site to eat resources we pay for! I've cried. I've yelled. (Scraggs will back me up on both of those counts!) I've tried talking to people who apparently have some influence around the place. Tomorrow I ring NUIG and find out how they did it, then find a way to impliment the same thing in UCD. A friggin' timed firewall even. ARGH *tears hair out with frustration*[/rant]

Also, UCD Library site is impossible to find anything on. As far as I can see we can no longer use J-Stor (I or II) off campus. Approximately 4 books have come up in three times the number of searches relating to queering Shakespeare. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Looksee, there really was no need to create two unnecessary copies of this thread. :p

EduMyth wrote:
    Oddly enough, you should have a look at the first post of 'The official "rant/bitch/moan" thread' in the TCD Forum. If you compare that one in TCD to this one in UCD,D, you'll find that there was already an attempt to create a rant thread in UCD,D which died after awhile.
    Yeah, but Zane started that one. Anyway, coming up to exams, there is a lot more to rant about. I will keep this thread alive on my own with all of the complaining I'll be doing.

I just found out that I was paying emergency tax!:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

But Firespinner you'll get that back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm getting a cold. And I've got to go to the dentist on Wednesday. And I have €20 to last me until I get paid on Friday. And the torrent of the latest episode of Family Guy that I'm downloading is really ****ing slow.

• Advertisement

I'm in work at 6.30 :mad:

God I hate these hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

My broadband at home isn't working. So that means going to bed early cos I'm not up going thru boards. :(

God that makes me sound so sad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm pissed off with the 27b bus, i have to get it to beaumont for my clinical placement and it's fine when is shows up but it has a habit of not turning up for an hour on the most awful days. GRRRRRR and I have to get it on mondays and tuesdays - not fair.

My course - it's a complete mess for giving exam results - i'm waiting for results from assessments i did in december aswell as christmas finals.

Oooh and my big one: the fact that a lecturer gave us a month to do a project but then messed up the groups big time so people had no group and others were in three, aswell as my gropu having a student who didn't exist. Then all the information we needed was only put up on blackboard a week before the project was due and was completely unavailable until the day it was due in as she was on holidays.

Oh and the fact that our proper anonymous numbers have been gotten rid of, something that students had to fight really hard to get in my course. Thanks Bill Powderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

I know lots of chicks who agree that oompa-loompa chicks are scary.
    Its made me scared of wearing foundation make up for fear im actually orange and dont realise it.
    Solution:
    Mirror.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Threads merged.

And Pet, please don't bump old threads like that when it's unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Blush_01 wrote:
    As far as I can see we can no longer use J-Stor (I or II) off campus. Approximately 4 books have come up in three times the number of searches relating to queering Shakespeare. What's going on?

you should be able to get into it through your ucd connect account - i think they've changed access from being via athens to being via connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Couldn't the other day, but thanks anyway Rain On!
    Hmmmm, there's always been a lot of jealousy involved in other students attitudes towards the Commerce breed. Clearly the fact that they are a better healed bunch all-round, who'll cars you'll be washing and children minding, and houses building and computers fixing in the future doesn't help.
    I don't want to bring any more Quinn-bashing up, but I think the humour of the above post has to speak for itself. I'm glad the "Commerce breed"* have been healing (what injured them in the first place, tripping over the loose tonging in their own decks?), while we've been working on getting ourselves an education - so that we, in turn, can educate their orange and blonde illiterate offspring. Either that, or they've lost track of the fact that, for the most part, English is supposed to be their first language (or is, at the very least, implied to be the language through which they are taught).

It's cold and I've lost my socks. All of them. Feel free to laugh.

*Obviously the "Commerce breed" is a new type of liverless human with a penchant for excessive quantities of carotene in their diet, and virtually pigment free hair, a la Original Oompa Loompas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

F*cking hate this "commerce breed" bullsh1t. I'm in 2nd Comm Intl, and I'm from Meath. I'm not orange, and whatever blondness is in my hair is natural. And I'm offended by the thought that my kids are going to be blonde, orange and illiterate. Could we once and for all just give up with the Comm bashing? If you want to Oompa Loompa bash then go ahead but stop badmouthing about 15% of the Student Body based on a stereotype that is, in fact, a minority.

edit: I realise that it wasn't probably the direct intention to make such generalisations but sometimes it's a real pet peeve. I don't want to get into a discussion about it, just... enough.

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

"F*cking hate this "commerce breed" bullsh1t." - I Love it!

I'm not orange Lie

and whatever blondness is in my hair is natural. Lie

And I'm offended by the thought that my kids are going to be blonde, orange and illiterate. gunna happen

Could we once and for all just give up with the Comm bashing? No

If you want to Oompa Loompa bash then go ahead but stop badmouthing about 15% of the Student Body based on a stereotype that is, in fact, a minority. No

Posted to stop him having a rant in my house, look on his face is priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Posted to stop him having a rant in my house, look on his face is priceless
    <another rant>
    Oh, forget it.
    </another rant>

I'm making sure there are NO clean dishes in the house for when you get back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement