Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My lovely pink shoes got all icky in the muck:(
    And I had strange chest pains while having a fag earlier which is worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Scraggs wrote:
    My lovely pink shoes got all icky in the muck:(
    And I had strange chest pains while having a fag earlier which is worrying

OHH im just stuying respiratory diseases.....My diagnosis is 'give up the fags':)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I wonder if this moan will work:

I wonder if Dr Panda can hypothesise why my tailbone and lower back has been in utmost pain for the last half-hour or so, after being perfectly fine for the past six months, and while I've only been sat in a chair in the Library?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I wonder if this moan will work:

I wonder if Dr Panda can hypothesise why my tailbone and lower back has been in utmost pain for the last half-hour or so, after being perfectly fine for the past six months, and while I've only been sat in a chair in the Library?
    Dr.Scraggs [aka Dr. Tender Pender] suggests that you have sprained your coccyx and need to have your spinal cord removed... If you like I could do it for ya for a good rate.

Dr.Scraggs is not a licensed doc and all advice received should be double checked. That'll be €60 thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

panda100 wrote:
    OHH im just stuying respiratory diseases.....My diagnosis is 'give up the fags':)
    In fairness, I wouldn't trust your diagnosis, at the Seb shaving you offered to diagnose your friend with "Asphixia":rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    Dr.Scraggs [aka Dr. Tender Pender] suggests that you have sprained your coccyx and need to have your spinal cord removed... If you like I could do it for ya for a good rate.

Dr.Scraggs is not a licensed doc and all advice received should be double checked. That'll be €60 thank you
    *hastily forges cheque*
    I think I might go looking for a second, Panda-or-Jim-esque opinion on this one, thanks Dr TP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scraggs wrote:

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

It's after 4pm, no study has been started despite the fact that I have an exam tomorrow and I did nothing for the past two days.

Why do I do this to myself every time!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

im half way through my exams, 4 down, 4 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

It's after 4pm, no study has been started despite the fact that I have an exam tomorrow and I did nothing for the past two days.

Why do I do this to myself every time!? :(

Ditto ... even though I did attempt study yesterday and Saturday. Just not enough to compensate for two months of 'masterly inactivity'. What the fuck was I doing?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I looked up from my notes about half an hour ago and realised that I'd been looking at the same 10 slides for an hour and a half... studying for Data Structures slooooooooooowly! Also that I'm just about out of my favourite chewing gum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I have the worst exam ever on Friday. I can't study for it and don't think that's going to change between now and then. I came in at 3.30 with good intentions, and am leaving at 6.30 with NOTHING done. Oh well, at least I posted quite a bit!

besty wrote:
    I have the worst exam ever on Friday. I can't study for it and don't think that's going to change between now and then. I came in at 3.30 with good intentions, and am leaving at 6.30 with NOTHING done. Oh well, at least I posted quite a bit!
    Wootage for MER, eh? *sigh* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I am thoroughly convinced that strapless bras are designed for girls with a maximum of a B cup. Anything bigger and they just don't work. And why are they always padded!! I don't need anymore padding thanks all the same. And those straps kill! Gah...sometimes having little bewbs would be nice.

:(

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to know this...except possibly Peachy and Blush...but I have the bestest strapless bra in the world ever and I'm not a B cup. It's deadleh. Cost a damn fortune though! If you're ever around Kildare I'll show ya where the coolest lingerie shop in the world is.

Rantiness: I have an exam tomorrow at 2. It's on my first semester history elective. I haven't even opened the book and I have to do three questions. I was up really late last night studying for today, studied today and then was in the RDS til five, following which it took me nearly an hour and half to drive home in crawling traffic. I now have that dull ache that you get in the front of your head when you're too tired. I physically cannot study for tomorrow. I is screwed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

elmyra wrote:
    If you're ever around Kildare I'll show ya where the coolest lingerie shop in the world is.
    When I started to read this sentence I thought Elmyra was about to say she'd show her bra (and contents). :eek:

Bitch: Got no work done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

That reminds me of the discussion thay followed Elmyras first photo on boards, I bet that was you too:rolleyes:

elmyra wrote:
    Rantiness: I have an exam tomorrow at 2. It's on my first semester history elective. I haven't even opened the book and I have to do three questions.

Snap. That is exactly my situation for tomorrow. I'm hoping some post-corrie cramming can do the trick (yea I know, I know....but god-damnit I want to know who's sending the cards to Gail...it's David I tells ya!! David!!)

Also rant...getting to spend the evening with the other half last night made me realise how little time i've had to spend with him recently. Poxy exams!

*edit* Elmyra...could you PM me the name of that shop? It will save a rant next week about my sisters wedding and the bridesmaid dress :) Cheers!

Poxy exams doubled. And have a room-change thingy in the middle of them.
    Plus by the time the bf and I have free time, I have to go home for a weekend to prove to my parents that the cash-drain that is their eldest daughter is still alive. Although I do want to see them anyway.

Plus am hosting my little sis for a weekend after the exams, which doesn't help. It's the least I can do for her after she spent about a year in hospital, but it's not great from the point of view of spending time with the bf.

My immediate rant: forgot my bank account was in debit, so have much less money than expected for the fortnight. Poxy direct debits! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You might not beleive this, but I went to call my dad today and I didnt know our house phone number! It was a real simpsons moment, sorry the number you have called...

Getting no study, or sleep with these damn plasterers (though I should be grateful that at least I dont have to do it)

Have 5 study days left and 4 exams, 2 I didnt go to lectures for at all (nor any course work) and havent started to study for. Ones a repeat of a subject I dont have a book for.

I need a mirical, and to top it off, Ive only had 2 drinks in the last 3 weeks :eek:

If anyone can help me with Financial Accounting 2 please do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i have an interview tomorrow and i'm scared!!! plus i have a fat lip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my back is ****ed up and i'm in loads of pain./cries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Loud Noises!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At home, trying to study, nothing's going in. :( My room sucks for studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Right I know this is the rant thread, but people seem especially down tonight - so here's a nice poem for you all!

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
    If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much,
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And, what's more you'll be a Man, my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well I wasn't feeling so bad but after reading all those admirable things I can't do I'm kinda depressed:rolleyes:

humbert wrote:
    Well I wasn't feeling so bad but after reading all those admirable things I can't do I'm kinda depressed:rolleyes:

Ditto. Tbh, not a huge fan of Kipling. Jungle Book maybe, but Kipling's mostly a bit too imperialist for me. I like 'If', but only in certain moods. The impending doom of finals would appear not to be a mood appreciative of Kipling.

It was a lovely thought though, blondie83!

Aaah, Simpsons poems.

ABE: Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And, what's more you'll be a Man, my son!
    HOMER: [shaking Abe] You'll be a bozo!!

OT: my back, as bitched about earlier to Drs Tender Pender and Panda, is still in sh1te. Bizarre that Ferdi's is the same...

Ohman it's heading for 11pm and I have history at 2pm tomorrow and studying is just not happening!

This was supposed to be one of the okay ones god damn it!

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

What do you have? I have the Irish Revolution ... I need both Home Rule and Sinn Fein to come up. Bloody Laffan only gives eight questions. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bizarre that Ferdi's is the same...

its an epidemic, its going to sread to all of us :eek:

something to moan about.....hmmm....er.....the chinese take-away is taking ages to come!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement