Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, the lecturer i have is a cross between pfr. Frink and Mr. Bean - its awfully hard not to just laugh at him. and i've already come across a ton of slips in his maths. and i SUCK at maths.

also only on the first set of notes - finishing that. hrmm, think i might spend an hour or so in the 24 hour reading room after library closes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

pfft... Rub it in, why don't ya? :P. If we had one of them i wouldn't need to leave here in 2 hours. So i guess i make my bitch/moan/gripe/rant/complaint that we don't have a 24 hour reading room.

Although... how stringent is the identity checking in trinity's reading room? Would my Hist membership card get me in? ;)

(my other bitch is that the library floor feels funny when you've no shoes on and you feel certain people are laughing at you... But it just seemed like a lot of effort to put them back on...)

24 hour reading room is swipe access - actually we have a number of 24 access things - only issue is that campus isnt 24 hour, so once you're in you're in, otherwise it involves begging the security guards :P

but yeah, unfortunately the other 24 access place i like are the comp sci labs - the hum of computers really isnt conducive to study.

edit: anyhow, our library closes a good 2 hours before yours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

My rant is also about how boring Maths for CS is... I've been putting off studying it for an hour now by posting on about 5 different forums :(
    It really is painful and boring, and I went to all the lectures!
    F*cker never gave us a sample paper either, and there *are* no past papers. *rages*
    :confused: We were the first ones to do that last year, so there should be a past paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I think I'm starting to loose time, I got back from dinner at about twenty past seven and it feels like five minutes ago, except that I feel hungry/sick of trying to study already again:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    :confused: We were the first ones to do that last year, so there should be a past paper.
    There's none up on SIS, and I emailed Tipple about it 2 months ago and he said he wasn't going to give out one. Not fair.

CS math, how hard can it be:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's more boring than hard tbh - especially because I did honours maths the last time I was in 2nd year, but it'd be nice to have a sample paper to work from.

Its basically all the parts of maths you wanted to leave behind at LC level and never further explore. so, bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

rain on wrote:
    betveen us, ve vill conquer them all!
    does pink cons guy have light brown floppy hair? there's a guy i used to fancy something awful in the postgrad section of the library who wears pink cons. skinny indie type.

That be him precisely! lol, unbelievably similar taste moment going on here.

He's what got me through my very boring equipment exam today.

• Advertisement

Bored out of my TREE! Got lots to do and not a lot of time to do it but just far far to bored to care. This is not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

That be him precisely! lol, unbelievably similar taste moment going on here.

He's what got me through my very boring equipment exam today.
    heh heh. okay, you can have floppy indie boy and i'll have first year eng boy. we can swap after a few weeks if boredom sets in. deal?

I hate the way librocop yells "please come down" at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My dog ate my wallet, and I can't get back up to Dublin because of the trains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I feel physically ill after reading a thread on the humanities forum.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I feel physically ill after reading a thread on the humanities forum.

:(
    My God. That is the most utter yucky, inconceivable thought in human history.

My rant is that the world is gone to pot and that nobody seems to think that Commerce subjects are worth learning for anything other than their career potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I had spotted that.:(. Theres just nothing really you can say that describes how disturbing that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm peeling. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

There are no words to describe how I feel about that. It's disturbing.

I assume your post is in relation to the humanities thread and not to the fact that I'm peeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

irlrobins wrote:
    I assume your post is in relation to the humanities thread and not to the fact that I'm peeling.

Lol, yes dear, sorry! You don't disturb me...well, not in this instance :p

Rantiness: Left vital English notes in Wicklow, only noticed this morning when I began study for afternoon exam, and now I'm on boards! *cries*

rain on wrote:
    heh heh. okay, you can have floppy indie boy and i'll have first year eng boy. we can swap after a few weeks if boredom sets in. deal?

Noice one.....

I have to study for my hospital studies exam and even the idea of it is putting me to sleep..... not good at all.

Last day before exams START ffs:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i'm actually enjoying invigilation (no points for guessing why) but i finish on saturday, sob sob

also it's raining like nobody's business and i've to cycle down to the rds pretty soon.

I think I have an ear infection - it's killing me, study is as hard as anything and my balance is fecked so i've been feeling like i'm on a boat all day. Off to the doc with me.

Can you bring a docs cert to the exam with you (mines in the morning) and have it attached to your script?

Not 100% sure it is necessary to attach it to script. Normally what happens is that the invigilator in charge would make a report about it which is sent to the exams office. This report is used to record any cheating, sickness, incident, lateness, etc that might have effected the sitting of your exam.

So just bring it with you and enter the exam hall as soon as you can to inform the section head. Ask for the section head if you're not sure who it is. They'll deal with it then.

Noice one, i think it's the small girl with glasses anyways (loving my descriptive abilities today). Shall do that, that's if i'm actually sick - could jsut be a manky ear ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ugh, damn my curoiusity, went to humanities *curses self*

That's so sick and twisted, words just fail me. Why ffs?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My landlady rang me to tell me [no sorry ordered me] to make sure the place is absolutely spotless as shes getting it evaluated. Fair enough like but its such short notice and I'm the only one left in the place so I've to do it all myself and its an absolute tip :o

oh and I set myself on fire

• Advertisement

I'd say she's taking the piss! If it's in her advantage to have it spotless she should clean it:mad: and don't be setting yourself on fire!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement