Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Boneless set my top on fire a few weeks ago. I only realised what was happening when he was smacking my arm to get rid of the big blue flame.

Moan: its 4pm and I haven't even opened a book yet. Have to babysit my niece tonight too and I know that I won't do any study.
    Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There are INCREDIBLE amounts of timewasting going on today. I really need to study, but I have very little motivation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

hot engineering boy had an exam again today and i got stuck on office helpermonkey duty. there's no justice in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I call unfair! although dave grohl lovely hair eng boy is currently in the reading room so i'm ok

I keep getting dirty looks from all the vets though as all the other rads are hyper and making far too much noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Gale force winds tomorrow so prob no sailing. Grr!!! I look forward to my thursday sailing/bbq/pints!

Also boat is racing in an overnight 16 hour race on friday night and I have to miss it cos going to a stag.

(In case anyone hasn't guess, after computers my other passion is sailing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I just found out that instead of my finals starting in December, we'll have a bit of them in 4 weeks time!!1:eek: :eek: :mad: Hopefully we'll reverse it, with Vainglory's help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My brother is a monumental ass.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Belgrove is like a mad house.....well it actually is...there is major partying going on whats the story people have some ****ing consideration i mean just cause ur finished....

also i feel bad cause i rang the RA's and shouted at the guy on the phone cause of all the party's, turns out he is on his own or somthing and has to do all the party breaking up himself.......woops!!!

It's official: I'm allergic to maths.
    Every time I sit down to study for Maths for CS, I get distracted within 5 minutes. It's like my brain just decided at the end of last year "Hell, I'm not doing maths any more - 3 years of it in college is bad enough!" and closed up that part to further learning. Which is a pain in the hole. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Back is still sore, getting cramps in my legs which - because of my back - I can't get up at ease to shake off, and the rate for my Scrubs torrent is t3h sux0rz.

• Advertisement

I was right. No study done again today.

Ah well. It's not like I'm doing my finals or anything....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

My first exam is in 7 hours and I thought I'd be fine for it but nothing was going in today...and that made me all tense and now my necks is killing me :(

I can't sleep cos I have the Lordi song playing in my head. :mad:

I blame Rainbow Kirby for this. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irlrobins wrote:
    I can't sleep cos I have the Lordi song playing in my head. :mad:

I blame Rainbow Kirby for this. ;)
    Well at least you don't still have work to do:(

Uber rant: Searching is gone again!!!

Ah well, hopefully it fixes speed probs on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

This is not a civilised hour to be up! My head is mushy and all along the top of my back/bottom of my neck is completly stiff from yesterday :( On the plus side I'm finallly getting started on these exam thingys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

blondie83 wrote:
    This is not a civilised hour to be up! My head is mushy and all along the top of my back/bottom of my neck is completly stiff from yesterday :( On the plus side I'm finallly getting started on these exam thingys!
    Me being up now feels terrible, then again, I didn't get to go to bed until 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Is there EVER soap in the girls loos in the student bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

'tis rather early to be in the bar:rolleyes: I've an exam in three hours and I'm still procrastinating, I can see myself sitting in the bloody exam looking for distractions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

boo-urns, exam in 3 hours... I'm sooo, sooo, tired!

Then another exam after this one :(

Then an interview after that one :(

Then I have to go to dinner for my sister's birthday :(

I'm goin to fall asleep in my chicken curry :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Been awake for 5 hours. Still in bed. Can't get out. Back is sore. Haven't worked. Screwed for exam tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Been awake for 5 hours. Still in bed. Can't get out. Back is sore. Haven't worked. Screwed for exam tomorrow...

Ditto to this except for insert 'tuesday' where 'tomorrow' is. What is it with boardsies' backs? Have to get up now to go to Wicklow though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ive an exam now in an hour and i actually know nothing!!! meh could be worse i guess!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm so damn tired. I got to the library at about quarter to twelve and literally just sat there for an hour trying to stop myself from falling asleep. So I just gave up and came home. But now I have guilt issues... but I just couldnt study!

hmm, exam on Saturday and I have to go into town today to get the last few bits for my sister's wedding and I don't really have time but unfortunately it has to be done before the last dress-fitting on Tuesday, and I have an exam on Monday. *whimper*

Study sucks and I'm so bloody tired. Sleep will be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Got a comment today on my Software Engineering Moodle to say that they're starting to grade our project *bites nails*. The apprehension isn't helped by the fact that one member of our group is going to fail because he didn't help us at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Waltons wrote:
    Got a comment today on my Software Engineering Moodle to say that they're starting to grade our project *bites nails*. The apprehension isn't helped by the fact that one member of our group is going to fail because he didn't help us at all

Don't worry about it! You should have gotten your marks all along and have a good idea already what your final mark is, well that is how it is working for third years anyway!

I'm a bit nervous about ours... you see, I'm in a group of 6 people, and I've done a huge amount of the work compared to the rest of the guys... I'm concerned that our team grade is going to be dragged down by the fact that 2 of the guys in my group have written NO code at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I am suffering from a severe lack of energy/motivation, with a lot I could be doing. Travel to UCD has become non-existant. This is not good. :(

• Advertisement

Speaking from experience as a group project supervisor for third years, it's usually fairly obvious if someone was pulling their weight or not. If I felt someone was doing more than their fair share of code I'd give them a better mark than the group average. Similiarly if I felt someone did not contribute to the project I'd mark them down. If they did not contribute at all I'd fail them, simple as that.

So don't stress too much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement