Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have to study bloody physiology so i'm in a ridiculously bad mood at even the thought of it, all the pictures look the exact same. And what is it with everyone popping caffeine pills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I have to study bloody physiology so i'm in a ridiculously bad mood at even the thought of it, all the pictures look the exact same. And what is it with everyone popping caffeine pills?

Has that become widespread? My friend used to take 'em and me too when I was doing my finals sometimes. Never noticed much effect, placebo effect a bit but the lack of actual physical coffee made me feel I was cheating, odd.

Half my bloody class are one them, everyones at the point of utter exhaustion with one of our hardest exams coming up on monday. But i'm just seeing people everywhere popping pills. My god people, water and sleep - will do you far better than pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Really just postponing the inevitable, that's what I tell myself when I knock off early:)

I agree, I prefer to get some sleep and then just get up early - once was so exhausted whilst do exams in leaving cert at christmas time that I was found asleep in the floor in the corridor by my chemistry teacher, learnt my lesson from thatone! And waking up way too many times reciting formulae and theorms, get sleep people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i have a MER exam 2moro. only good thing is that it is my last exam. but my god i may be in trouble. i've sat on my bed listening to my ipod and flicking through stuff since 12. i have learnt nothing. o well!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irlrobins wrote:
    Speaking from experience as a group project supervisor for third years, it's usually fairly obvious if someone was pulling their weight or not. If I felt someone was doing more than their fair share of code I'd give them a better mark than the group average. Similiarly if I felt someone did not contribute to the project I'd mark them down. If they did not contribute at all I'd fail them, simple as that.

So don't stress too much!
    That better be right. I'm in a group of four, and myself and one other have pretty much done all of the work. What makes it annoying is that my demonstrator said that he hasn't seen any code by me and gave me a really low mark, despite the fact that I have my name clearly written on the top of each file i've done:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Blowfish wrote:
    That better be right. I'm in a group of four, and myself and one other have pretty much done all of the work. What makes it annoying is that my demonstrator said that he hasn't seen any code by me and gave me a really low mark, despite the fact that I have my name clearly written on the top of each file i've done:mad:.

You should e-mail your demonstrator then or meet them to discuss it!The final grades have to be submitted to the exams office in a couple of weeks!

You should e-mail your demonstrator then or meet them to discuss it!The final grades have to be submitted to the exams office in a couple of weeks!
    Yeah I emailed him today, so hopefully he will change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

That's a bitch/moan?!

@OT: On today's workrate I might not clear all of 2nd year... :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

oh shite

wrong thread

meh, you're happy, we'll over look the oversight. My brain hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i need alcohol its been nearly 2 months 2 ****ING MONTHS I NEED A DRINK

I know the feeling - dying to just relax and have fun - only 6 days of struggling left than a whole 4 days off! Woot!

Then lots of hungover clinical placement I'm thinking.

im just ****ed tired, i feel all tense ALL THE TIME, i know there are worse things but 8 exams in 2weeks is too much!! also i sat the worst exam today of my life so i may just be feeling sorry for myself!! im getting so pissed on monday it will be unnatural!!!

OH man, i now have an anatomy oral on tuesday on top of a physiology cal and a computers practical.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

tintinr35 wrote:
    im just ****ed tired, i feel all tense ALL THE TIME, i know there are worse things but 8 exams in 2weeks is too much!! also i sat the worst exam today of my life so i may just be feeling sorry for myself!! im getting so pissed on monday it will be unnatural!!!

I saw you today.

Anyway, my rant is, my Granny seems to have been telling some of my relations I'm engaged to my ex boyfriend. Someone wished me and my fiance well.
    Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

no more sexy eng boy, sob sob :(

also one of my co-invigilators is driving me totally spare. still, only 2 days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

My best mate got 2 points on his licence for reckless driving because he took his hand off the wheel to bless himself as an ambulance went by, while he was almost at a stop and in first gear. Ffs!!

Pythia wrote:
    I saw you today.

where.....when.............

• Advertisement

tintinr35 wrote:
    where.....when.............

I walked past you when I was with my boyfriend. Near belgrove. About 1.30.
    It's happened before too.
    You always say hi to him. He's a fellow rossie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My boohoo: I have to ring HR in my job and tell them that I'm leaving :( I've never done this before... not looking forward to it... it's gonna suck.

Pythia wrote:
    I walked past you when I was with my boyfriend. Near belgrove. About 1.30.
    It's happened before too.
    You always say hi to him. He's a fellow rossie.

Oh ya, sure i forgot that, that was you!!!
    was in a bit of a confuzzeled state tho was on the way to an exam!!!
    ill say hi to u next time 2:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I meant to get up early and study.
    I'm less than 5 minutes out of bed. :(

DaveMcG wrote:
    My boohoo: I have to ring HR in my job and tell them that I'm leaving :( I've never done this before... not looking forward to it... it's gonna suck.

When I did that, I just told my manager and he did it for me.
    Less scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i just lost €45. sickened.

also still in withdrawal from hot eng boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Aaaagh, why did I pick a course because it was interesting? Damn Richard Aldous and his 'this is a hotchpotch of history and other stuff, but we'll have so much fun with it' stuff. Shoulda stuck with Fanning and cut and dried Irish history, and my guaranteed first (Irish history's what I'm best at). As it is, I have so much to read I won't sllep tonight, I have to try and read on the Enlightenmnet and apply it to the music of Handel. Plus other difficult stuff. :mad:

AND I'm missing the match tomorrow, and the full implications of the loss are beginning to dawn on me. :(

I'm so tired it hurts, as does my back, and I'm still getting random muscle cramps. :mad:

Also, I got money three days ago to last me til the first weekend in June, and at least half of it is gone already. I'm going to have to radically cut down on my eating. :mad:

I is not, as you might guess, a happy camper today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm the only one in the UCD forum.

I'm the only one in the UCD forum.
    Not any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

GPRAPHIC DETAIL FOLLOWS

my stomach reacted badly to the pain medication which i was given for my back injury. i was in severe discomfort, nausea and i has a serious dose of the scutts. so bad in fact that when i was empty i actually shitted out some of the lining of my gut. the doctor was called to the house and he gave me some meds. this is not good for my study time table...last exam is tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement