Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moan: Woke up today convinved that it was Monday and that I had missed my exam! It's really unsettled me and I keep checking the time and date (I can't wait for this madness to end...I'm losing my mind I tells ya!)

Tomorrow is my last exam and I'm planking it! If I fuck up on this one I'll fail English (unpossible...I know!) and I'll be back again next year, after killing both my parents with disappointment. And yet, I still can't bring myself to study...

*weeps quietly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Moan: Woke up today convinved that it was Monday and that I had missed my exam! It's really unsettled me and I keep checking the time and date (I can't wait for this madness to end...I'm losing my mind I tells ya!)

Tomorrow is my last exam and I'm planking it! If I fuck up on this one I'll fail English (unpossible...I know!) and I'll be back again next year, after killing both my parents with disappointment. And yet, I still can't bring myself to study...

*weeps quietly*

Ban yourself or get hullaballoo to ban you and then you can study.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm off work today to cram for Data Structures and Algorithms 2 (which I've got at 9am tomorrow) and I'm not getting half as much work done as I thought I would... Plus I slept until 1pm today, which means I'm not going to get asleep until about 3am tonight, which is BAD when I've got to get a bus at 6.25am to make sure that I'm an hour early for the exam (I have a paranoia about being late for exams, I have to be at the very least an hour early). Good thing I come through town, so Jolt can be acquired. In large quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Chakar wrote:
    Ban yourself or get hullaballoo to ban you and then you can study.

You lie. She'll just find somewhere else to procrastinate. I've spent the last week online "getting notes" and "studying". I hope the paper tomorrow is on this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

... I'll fail English (unpossible...I know!) and I'll be back again next year, after killing both my parents with disappointment.
    i'm like this too, but one has to forget about what thya parents will think or else ones life comes ruled by fear.

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    i'm like this too, but one has to forget about what thya parents will think or else ones life comes ruled by fear.

Aye true enough. But after the "FOR SHAME" I got last year when I failed History, the thoughts of a fail with no option of autumn repeats is a pretty daunting possibility.

Bleurgh....hopefully I can scrape a pass. Oh and there is that 70% of your 3rd year mark and 30% of your 2nd year mark if it works out higher. I did ok last year so fingers crossed.

Pray to your gods for me people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Blush_01 wrote:
    You lie. She'll just find somewhere else to procrastinate. I've spent the last week online "getting notes" and "studying". I hope the paper tomorrow is on this forum!

I thought about getting banned, but I procrastinate anyway, and this is the most entertaining method of procrastination, so it seems pointless.

I still know nothing for tomorrow's paper though :eek:

/bows head to pray for peachy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

/also bows head in prayer.

Hermione* wrote:
    I thought about getting banned, but I procrastinate anyway, and this is the most entertaining method of procrastination, so it seems pointless.

I still know nothing for tomorrow's paper though :eek:

It's all about pandering anyway. Just read those lecture notes good and hard. Especially where necro-extraordinaire is involved!

Sorry Peachy, I don't pray. But I'll be right there with you, fighting the good fight and all that!

Blush_01 wrote:
    It's all about pandering anyway. Just read those lecture notes good and hard. Especially where necro-extraordinaire is involved!

See this is where I'm going to have trouble! That dude was so unbelievably boring! "oooh I love Dickens...phwooooaaarrrr I love Carleton!" So hard to take notes in his lectures.

Bleurgh...I'm off to read through Going to Maynooth again..

• Advertisement

I don't do the whole prayer thing, but g'wan Peachy! :)

Edit: I'm so bored I just googled the lyrics to the Rammstein song I was listening to. I don't speak a word of German.

Well I say g'wan Hermione*. She has exams too!

I'm waiting for my laptop battery to die so I can go to the bathroom and then study, but it refuses to, and I need to charge it, so I need it to die. ARGH!!! Technology, why do you thwart me?

Okay, g'wan EVERYONE then! :p

*just wants to be finished with poxy exams, I've got serious gaming and drinking cravings*

Blush_01 wrote:
    Well I say g'wan Hermione*. She has exams too!

Aww, you're so nice! :D

Post-communist Europe is vile; I know I'll get all the countries mixed up in the exam tomorrow, and it's a morning exam, and I'm not a morning person.

Re: prayers; my mummy is saying novenas for me. Mostly because she's spent a lot of money on my exams, and she's very sceptical about my study discipline. With his typical cynicism, Dad has said a prayer to St Jude - patron saint of hopeless cases. Doncha love parents? :rolleyes:

I don't care what anyone says, Moro Peanut is not the same as a Starbar.

BRING BACK STARBAR!!

Ahem, also, Gav's absence is becoming noticeable to me. He's always around. What gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

elmyra wrote:
    Ahem, also, Gav's absence is becoming noticeable to me. He's always around. What gives?

Woohooo less spam!!! ;)

Actually where's that Seb chap these days? I saw him arsing about the footy forum there a few minutes ago but yet he seems to be dead around these UCD parts :confused:

elmyra wrote:
    IAhem, also, Gav's absence is becoming noticeable to me. He's always around. What gives?

Rant: Singingstranger has either a) finished exams or b) found himself a life. Neither is fair! :mad:

Woohooo less spam!!! ;)

Actually where's that Seb chap these days? I saw him arsing about the footy forum there a few minutes ago but yet he seems to be dead around these UCD parts :confused:

He got himself banned from UCD until after exam. Something about some 'study' thing? :confused:

You leave Gav alone, I misses him! He's been very good with his spammyness lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

dajaffa, the guy who sang 'Dreaming' was Eddie Friel.

/me goes back into my cage

@OT: I had to go home for the weekend without my laptop because there was nowhere safe in the RDS to leave it. Although on a wootage note, it's nice that my absence was noted. Although that doesn't say very much for my spamminess. "The forum's gotten less spammy... singingstranger must be gone..."

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Right, my gripe is that I can't decide whether to lock, or lock and delete this thread and the woo-hoo/anti-moan one, and the How were your exams one.

You see, I could just delete them, and that way, all the UCD boardsie's post-count would take a hilarious dive (well, I'd find it hilarious). The problem with that is that we'll also lose those posts to revert back to in the future!

Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

what....we have to have somewhere to vent out fury

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ah yeah, you can start another one. It's just sort of a clean-up because these are getting a bit long and long threads (a) descend into siht, and (b) slow the servers down a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ah yeah, you can start another one. It's just sort of a clean-up because these are getting a bit long and long threads (a) descend into siht, and (b) slow the servers down a good bit.

Just lock it.
    *hugs postcount*

I'd say lock them once the exams are over. Start another one in September.

*shrugs*

/me does the I-don't-care-cos-I-won't-be-here dance

:p

Moan: So boned for tomorrow. I'm so scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Just a suggestion but how about everyone limit their ranting/rejoicing to just one a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea but what if I have a woot in the morning and don't realise that I had another woot coming in the afternoon. I'd hate to prematurely use up my daily wootage!

Oh and traffic on N7 this afternoon SUCKED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Then you could bitch about how you had used up your woot for the day...

OT; My complaint at the moment is I'm itching all over... Its either fleas or the new moisturer I put on earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Scraggs wrote:
    Then you could bitch about how you had used up your woot for the day...

OT; My complaint at the moment is I'm itching all over... Its either fleas or the new moisturer I put on earlier

My gripe is that all carlow people have fleas

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Scraggs wrote:

It's probably cooties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I second that cooties diagnosis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement