Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

This lettuce is slightly browning. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm in work today til 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ah my brother and sister are driving me mad - my parents are away and they're doing no work at all around the house - just leaving it all for me to do :mad: And last night I bought milk so we could have it for breakfast, when I woke up this morning they'd drunk it all and I had no breakfast even though I was the one who bought it :( They are slowly but surely driving me round the bend...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

im trying to quit smokes and i have got the shakes and the sweats

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Try some Nicorette. I used that to give up before and it cut out the shakes/sweats/headaches/tiredeness and all of that. Everything except the cravings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Meh, had to work all last week, even though I have yet to finish my exams. I had to take two days leave for my final paper, and have to work the day after the exam.

And I still miss all my pretty things in my handbag, which was stolen on Wednesday. I'm fine though. But I miss my things. I had really important texts saved to my phone, and I miss them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I was exposed to meningitis today:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I have a big cut on my leg surrounded by sunburn. It's the most painful thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Came into office today to find a hard drive failure on my server! :eek:
    Trying to back up as much as possible before I run off to PC World to get a new drive. Pain in the butt!!!!!!!! I'll be spending all of this week reinstalling and reconfiguring every thing! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

omep0mdrp0fyklmMY F8CKI(NG SUNBURB UJS SOOO OFUVCKI NG ITCHY!"!!!!!!!!! SOMDRO,MD VF8CK8NG KILL ME!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Snap. My nose is peeling.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

knowing you, you had it in RAID configuration didn't you robins?

Nope, it's not a proper server machine, just an old Dell 4500. Single IDE drive. Had all the critical stuff backed up so that's not a prob. The biggest pain is reinstalling everything and configuring it. That and trying to remember the lil trick you needed to do three years ago to get X working! :mad:

And office is like an oven!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

had band practice for the first time in ages yesterday.. i am a broken woman. i've lost my voice and i think i've ruptured something in my insides. ouch ouch ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I still haven't found a band :(
    Also, I had to wait for ages for my supervisor in work to turn up on Friday and by the time I'd faxed my timesheet off, it was too late and I didn't get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm quite burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I can't find my cigarettes.
    I didn't even really need a smoke before I realised they were missing but now that I do I feel like I'd kill my own mother just to get one... I distinctly remember ossing the pack on my desk and now they're not there and no one could have taken them because I'm the only smoker in the hous and...

Oh Christ I need a cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

ya know, being the only smoker may also be a reason for someone to take em ;)

I used tot ake me dads cigs and only give em back when he went home incase he lit up.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    ya know, being the only smoker may also be a reason for someone to take em ;)

I used tot ake me dads cigs and only give em back when he went home incase he lit up.

Hehe, devious.

Apparently when I was a toddler I used to wake up at like 6 a.m., well before my parents and break all Mum's cigarettes up in pieces and throw them out the window. Apparently I'm quite lucky to be alive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Sigh.

My iPod is being ubertemperamental, my back has gone all spastic (and I mean that literally - I'm all spasmy and sciatic again) from packing and lifting stuff while my folks move house in Meath, and tonight my dial-up is actually being slower than I can ever remember it being. And that's with ten years' experience.

Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

i can believe that if my dads reaction when i take them is anything to go by ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Grr I now have to go and find a biro to finish the stupid application for the stupid job i don't even want then go home in all the traffic and stuff and tidy my room which is STILL a mess and i was almost pick pocketed twice in the space of 3 minutes today - oh and I have my ****ing competency test tomorrow and I've only had one day of general work as opposed to everyone elses 6.

Things not to do when you have a gippy knee: Go absailing down walls with your 6ft tall uberathletic younger brother who finds your clumsiness highly amusing and can make it to the ground with grace and ease. Ow the damn pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

This thesis-writing business is becoming more and more efficient for me: This evening, while trying to write my thesis, I fell alseep :eek: and woke up when it was already dark outside! :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My life is slowly turning into a giant World of Warcraft session.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

gave that up after it was 15 quid for 5 men. Me hole !

No credit and O2 Webtext not working! Grr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Gah, I've caught something and I'm in bits :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

irlrobins wrote:
    No credit and O2 Webtext not working! Grr!!!

That was driving me crazy for ages; resetting passwords, retrying old passwords and eventually I got in and needed several attempts to send my batch of messages. It just takes a bit of patience but it should be working fine.
    Waltons wrote:
    Gah, I've caught something and I'm in bits
    Be careful with those frisbees that have razor blades attached! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have no idea what to say on my MA application.

Q: Why do you want to do the MA? (Please keep in mind that this statement is vitally important in deciding your suitability as a candidate.)
    A: Ummm... because? <
    Can't see that working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement