Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bitch/Moan/Gripe/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Oh my god Robert Jordan oh no!!! This actually just can't happen and I'm not being in the least bit sarcastic.

*devastated*

I didn't know that about Star Trek...even more devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Elmyra wrote:
    Oh my god Robert Jordan oh no!!! This actually just can't happen and I'm not being in the least bit sarcastic.

*devastated* .

It actually makes me feel angry, and I don't know why.
    Elmyra wrote:
    I'm not sure about that.

Cos he's so talented and it's always terrible when talented people die? I mean it's terrible when anyone dies, but especially people who have done something that so many people appreciate.

I was all 'yuck' about John McGahern's funeral today aswell. The Weir being one of the texts I actually read this year, and one I liked a lot.

I'll keep holding out hope for Star Trek!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I was kept up all night, well I fell asleep a few times only to be awoken, by my noisy housemates, I can't understand people who when less than a couple of metres apart feel the need to shout to each other, in my experience the more unneccessarily loudly someone talks is directly related to how worthless what they have to say is, and to top things off at one point this complete stranger walks into my room, just see this shape moving in the gloom, I murmur wtf and he leaves without saying a word, leaving the door fcuking open, wanker, should have waited for him and throttled him. Hate loud people. Ah good to have that out of the system:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

Headed out for college this morning and found the headlight on my car smashed....have to park on street where I live...so mad!! :mad:

• Advertisement

nursebetty wrote:
    Headed out for college this morning and found the headlight on my car smashed....have to park on street where I live...so mad!! :mad:

That's ****!!

I just laddered my tights and I always always always bring a spare pair and today I didn't, aaaggggggggghhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

elmyra wrote:
    That's ****!!

I just laddered my tights and I always always always bring a spare pair and today I didn't, aaaggggggggghhhhh!

It's a pity I wasn't able to come in today, I have a locker full of tights. If ever you need some, just call!! Brown, black or flesh...

boneless wrote:
    It's a pity I wasn't able to come in today, I have a locker full of tights. If ever you need some, just call!! Brown, black or flesh...

Lmao! Thanks a million, I actually went the whole way to centra to buy some, that's how vain I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

I got turned down by five colleges before breakfast yesterday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

elmyra wrote:
    There's hope for us yet!http://www.trekweb.com/articles/2006/01/19/43cf8e998e47f.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I cant believe there is a link to a star trek site. Just when I thought we Wern't nerds! Well im going to moan about the fact that I overslept again today! FS

Blowfish wrote:

Cool, thanks!!

Just bought flavoured water by accident...bleugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Grimes you always oversleep, go to bed earlier! :D
    had to envelope n label 300 letters today-so many paper cuts:( n my mommy just rang to say she has another 200 for me to do *sniffle*

Villaricos wrote:
    Grimes you always oversleep, go to bed earlier! :D
    had to envelope n label 300 letters today-so many paper cuts:( n my mommy just rang to say she has another 200 for me to do *sniffle*

*imagines people receiving blood spattered letters* mwahahaha.

sounds yucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Villaricos , thought you wern't a Nerd Like Me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I hate the way I get an electric shock everytime I touched the metal legs of the chair trying to pull it in.

I hate the way the library is now too packed because people always leave it to the last minute.

I hate the way the place is full of people on noisy laptops doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

elmyra wrote:
    *imagines people receiving blood spattered letters* mwahahaha.

sounds yucky!

i wasnt allowed use the blood splattered ones unfortunately - apparently it looks unprofessional. me, i just thought it meant they looked damn serious bout selling these catalogues or directories or what ever they are!

Grimes- im not a nerd, what you talking bout?!
    ya know hearing all exam/studyin moanin on here makes mewish i was there too- now that is sad.

Can't get past level 6 of Puzzle Bubble, can't concentrate on study 'til I do. Grrrrr vicious circle. *cries at shameful inability to game*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i am actually going to murder our admin woman. or i would, if she was ever in. today the list of who's supervising who for our thesiseseses was meant to be up.. and it's not. there's a sign up saying that the american lit list won't be up today, but not so much as a mention of the modern lit one! and no indication of when it's going to be up. our first chapter is due in in three weeks and they haven't even assigned us supervisors yet! aaaarghhhhh!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I just lost marks on a project i handed up because the lecturer never found the graphs because i had them on separate sheets on excel to make it nice and easy for him!

• Advertisement

Converse just don't suit me and I really really want a pair! :(

Man my bitch/moans are always so boring and self-centred....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    i am actually going to murder our admin woman. or i would, if she was ever in. today the list of who's supervising who for our thesiseseses was meant to be up.. and it's not. there's a sign up saying that the american lit list won't be up today, but not so much as a mention of the modern lit one! and no indication of when it's going to be up. our first chapter is due in in three weeks and they haven't even assigned us supervisors yet! aaaarghhhhh!!!!!!

Insane aint it, not a word from anybody, been up a few times today and nobody has a clue! Its annoying as I had hoped to get into it asap and though I can do whatever it would help if I had some advice about whats a waste of time etc.

I e-mailed John, but no reply as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

scop wrote:
    Insane aint it, not a word from anybody, been up a few times today and nobody has a clue! Its annoying as I had hoped to get into it asap and though I can do whatever it would help if I had some advice about whats a waste of time etc.

I e-mailed John, but no reply as of yet!
    sucks doesn't it? i'm 99% sure that my supervisor's going to be nerys but i want to talk to her, dammit! i'm just doing general background theory reading at the moment..hitting up the old foucault and lyotard for a bit of inspiration..

rain on wrote:
    sucks doesn't it? i'm 99% sure that my supervisor's going to be nerys but i want to talk to her, dammit! i'm just doing general background theory reading at the moment..hitting up the old foucault and lyotard for a bit of inspiration..

Youre likely to get her alright which is grand, she asked me to do something in the po-mo area but I said no since it drives me nuts (I did good in the essay based on philosophy background methinks!)

Same here with background reading, just not as focused as it might be is all.

Anyway Im off to the bar, then a party for some much needed drink. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Please get drunk enough to kill Charles Bernstein. I would if I ever met him. Nerys is lovely. Then again, I'm just talking as an undergrad. Although I LOVE Terry Dolan. He's such a gas, and loves other people arguing. Makes me smiley.

I realised today that I'm incalculably thick by comparison to the rest of my class. How poo is that?

Blush_01 wrote:
    Please get drunk enough to kill Charles Bernstein. I would if I ever met him. Nerys is lovely. Then again, I'm just talking as an undergrad. Although I LOVE Terry Dolan. He's such a gas, and loves other people arguing. Makes me smiley.

I realised today that I'm incalculably thick by comparison to the rest of my class. How poo is that?

Nerys and Terry are indeed quite cool, the funny thing about studying in UCD is that there are so many lecturers in the Eng dept that you could never possibly have them all.

Everybody thinks theyre the thickest in their class, common feeling and no doubt since its so common most likely untrue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just had a very bad experience with a fountain pen... *shudders*.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mloc's banning due to the hottest faculty thread... banned for discussing the very thread topic...

• Advertisement

mloc's banning due to the hottest faculty thread... banned for discussing the very thread topic...

I personally would put that in the whoo hoo thread...but I guess this is just another 'spot the fat chick' moment, eh? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement